Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

Round is MY shape! :rofl: but a lot is medical.

I consulted 2 plastic surgeons for lipo- thought, "ok, get rid of flab around the middle" - both basically laughed and said " you will need a full tummy tuck with lipo if you want to get rid of your middle." Well, guess my 3 kids have left a very permanent physical reminder because I am not having a general anesthetic and major abdominal surgery; therefore, my shape is round as well : (
at least around the middle.

So FE update: she said it should be here in 2 weeks. Still making me nervous. I thought Bev is Johnny on the spot with the FE group. We have a ton of people. So the cruise gets real in my mind after my sister's wedding. She's getting married on Saturday. Right now my whole family is coming to Anacortes... YAY.

I love weddings! Hope it is smooth sailing and goes off without a glitch! Post pix! It may be easier on FB, but would love to see them!

My shape is super tall and muscley. But here's my whole rant about body images: your body can do amazing things, and you shouldn't be hung up about a little bit of fat here and there. You should be healthy but it shouldn't take over your whole life.

MM- I will post pictures. I will be the whitest one in the wedding wearing a mint green dress (because that color washes me out even more.).

shape...ugh. Well, the only thing I can say - each person grows into (or out of) their shape over time. I have worked hard to get to where I am in life, finally have met and married the most amazing woman in the world - she loves my curves and I love hers...shape? Doesn't matter - our hearts matter.

I learned some hard lessons and I live by them -
***laugh often - especially at yourself!
***listen more than talk - VERY hard for us alpha folks, but it really does work!
***pick your battles carefully - one nursing instructor said it best - "is this the hill you want to die on?" referring to military battles, but the thought is the same!
***pay it forward - do random acts of kindness, expect no compensation other than asking the ones you help to pay it forward three times. It get easier and easier to do - and it really does make the world a better place.
*** be nice to folks - a smile really does get your further than a scowl! (my mother used to say "it is easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar" This never made sense to me until I understood my own anger issues.
***say Thank You, even for the tiniest thing...being polite never hurts and it leaves a good feeling behind you.

If these lessons resonate with you - feel free to adopt them. They have made me a better person and I would love to share this!

shape...ugh. Well, the only thing I can say - each person grows into (or out of) their shape over time. I have worked hard to get to where I am in life, finally have met and married the most amazing woman in the world - she loves my curves and I love hers...shape? Doesn't matter - our hearts matter. I learned some hard lessons and I live by them - ***laugh often - especially at yourself! ***listen more than talk - VERY hard for us alpha folks, but it really does work! ***pick your battles carefully - one nursing instructor said it best - "is this the hill you want to die on?" referring to military battles, but the thought is the same! ***pay it forward - do random acts of kindness, expect no compensation other than asking the ones you help to pay it forward three times. It get easier and easier to do - and it really does make the world a better place. *** be nice to folks - a smile really does get your further than a scowl! (my mother used to say "it is easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar" This never made sense to me until I understood my own anger issues. ***say Thank You, even for the tiniest thing...being polite never hurts and it leaves a good feeling behind you. If these lessons resonate with you - feel free to adopt them. They have made me a better person and I would love to share this!

Great thoughts. I will 'steal' and post as a thought for the day on FB ~ especially love the military analogy. My Dad always said the honey/ flies thing as well and couldn't agree more that simple politeness goes a long way! Yes, I'm a talker too and if I'm listening too intently, shake me and make sure I'm awake!
While my spouse is more than ok with my 'curves' (and me, his) or as I call them 'my unsightly bulges', but I feel better and feel like I look 10 years younger when I'm not overweight. I am having a difficult time with the numbers (birthday) so I keep trying to fight it...I wouldn't trade my life for anything, but I sure do wish I were 35 again- or 45 or 50....

shape...ugh. Well, the only thing I can say - each person grows into (or out of) their shape over time. I have worked hard to get to where I am in life, finally have met and married the most amazing woman in the world - she loves my curves and I love hers...shape? Doesn't matter - our hearts matter.

***listen more than talk - VERY hard for us alpha folks, but it really does work!
***pick your battles carefully - one nursing instructor said it best - "is this the hill you want to die on?" referring to military battles, but the thought is the same!
***pay it forward - do random acts of kindness, expect no compensation other than asking the ones you help to pay it forward three times. It get easier and easier to do - and it really does make the world a better place.
*** be nice to folks - a smile really does get your further than a scowl! (my mother used to say "it is easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar" This never made sense to me until I understood my own anger issues.
***say Thank You, even for the tiniest thing...being polite never hurts and it leaves a good feeling behind you.

If these lessons resonate with you - feel free to adopt them. They have made me a better person and I would love to share this!

Cayla, these are some mighty fine statements you posted. If only everyone would adopt these life lessons the world would be a much better place. Your list says it all.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

My dear Mom always told me to say thank you for everything. We raised our kids to do the same thing. But somewhere along the way they seem to have forgotten how to say thank you. We don't do the things we do for them, just to get a thank you. But, it would be nice to hear every now and then.

And. my wonderful Dad, always told me a man is only as good as his word. If you tell someone you are going to do something, you do it. Very good lessons to follow in your life.

While my spouse is more than ok with my 'curves' (and me, his) or as I call them 'my unsightly bulges', but I feel better and feel like I look 10 years younger when I'm not overweight. I am having a difficult time with the numbers (birthday) so I keep trying to fight it...I wouldn't trade my life for anything, but I sure do wish I were 35 again- or 45 or 50....

Donna and I are both fine with the way the other one looks. I like her curves and she likes mine.

Now Maria, the birthday thing, 60 is suppose to be the new 40, or so I've heard. On my birthday I always say I am turning 29 again this year........................for the umteeeeeeennth time!!!:cool1::cool1: Birthdays are nothing more then just a number, it's all in how you feel in your mind. Donna will tell you I may be XX years old, but I'm going on 12 years old!!!:lmao::lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Same here, Mom/Mema and Dad/Papa are the 'money tree.' I think they were a little shocked this past January when we paid for their WDW tickets and used our DVC for the villa, and all the groceries, but they had to come up with their own money for any special meals and their own cruise. I did buy all the photos and disks for everyone. I think it's become too easy with us paying everything. From now on, it will be the DVC is paid for, but all the rest, you take care of on your own. Because Mom/Mema and Dad/Papa are taking a couple of extra long cruises over the next couple of years! ;)

what a wonderful relationship! I lost my mother 17 years ago and miss her every day. Actually, today would have been her 82nd birthday. Yes, she was too young when she passed!

I'm so sorry that you lost your mother at such a young age. I will be an absolute mess when that day happens and I'm not looking forward to and try not to think about it to much. Mom is the best friend I've ever had or hope to have. We are so much alike it is almost scary and I can hardly wait for you all to meet her.

It allows for printing on opposite sides of the outside (if that makes any sense) with a max of 25 characters per side, so I'm planning to have:

2014 Disney Wonder EBPC

and

Cruisin' thru Panama

I'm open to suggestions, but this is what I've worked out so far. :3dglasses

Richard

Love this!! Will they be Dis green?

I didn't intend to make you guys cry... I am just close with my folks. I mean like I said: I live 1.53 miles from my folks (something insane like 0.8 miles from my sister). So we're close...

So weird thing about my FE and I wanted to run it by you guys. I ordered my FE on Feb 25th. I told her we were cruising in September. I still haven't gotten it. She emailed me something in April saying she's working on it, and had an idea.... I ordered it on Etsy and still haven't gotten anything, and now it's too late to notify etsy about a problem. I messaged her and haven't gotten anything in response.

I'm almost that close. Mom bought a patio home 2.3 miles from my house. She is close but not to close and it sure was a good thing the day she fell and broke her knee cap in half. I was able to get to her pretty quickly.

Woohoo! Just signed us up for fish extender participation. Going shopping this weekend for the material to make it. Starting to get very excited!

We finished up our FEs last Friday...unless we end up needing more :thumbsup2

I consulted 2 plastic surgeons for lipo- thought, "ok, get rid of flab around the middle" - both basically laughed and said " you will need a full tummy tuck with lipo if you want to get rid of your middle." Well, guess my 3 kids have left a very permanent physical reminder because I am not having a general anesthetic and major abdominal surgery; therefore, my shape is round as well : (
at least around the middle.

Last summer, actually it was exactly 1 year ago on the 21st of this month, mom had liposuction and a tummy tuck. Her surgeon took the fat that he suctioned from her abdomen and injected it into her face. She definitely does not look 72yrs old pixiedust: Thanks to my profession she had her own private nurse for the week after her recovery, and it was during that time that I reconnected with my 1st love and we've been together ever since. Missing him for 2 1/2 weeks will be the only down side of our trip :(, but I expect to have so much fun that the only time I have to think about him not being with me is at night when I go to sleep.

AMEN!!!

I think I read somewhere that the Fish Extender deadline is August 1 :confused3

Maybe someone was trying to revive the tastings?? But I'm not interested in those so I've not been paying a lot of attention to those discussions.

Sorry, I've been off on vacation and I don't visit here much anymore (prefer FB myself) - yes, deadline for signup for the FE List is Aug 1st.

And yes, someone is going to revive the tastings, I just sent him a message on FB about who to get in touch with! YAY!

I'm sure he'll post when he gets things set up...........

Beverly

Sorry, I've been off on vacation and I don't visit here much anymore (prefer FB myself) - yes, deadline for signup for the FE List is Aug 1st.

And yes, someone is going to revive the tastings, I just sent him a message on FB about who to get in touch with! YAY!

I'm sure he'll post when he gets things set up...........

Beverly

Need a vacation before the cruise.....:lmao: I love it.....:rotfl2:

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

Woohoo! Just signed us up for fish extender participation. Going shopping this weekend for the material to make it. Starting to get very excited!

Has any one contacted you?. I signed up but haven't heard from anyone

Finally had a few free minutes and updated the list on the first post - and I will send out an e-mail on Aug 1st with a link to the list. IF you are on the FB page, the link IS posted there since it's a secret group (send a PM to Padalyn to be added) but I will NOT post it here since it's an open forum and I know I'd prefer my info not be "out there" for anyone who has the link to see........

I CAN tell you that you are both on it, and if you'd like the link sooner, please send an e-mail to me at DisneyMouseHouse@disboards.net and I will reply with the link!

So FE update: she said it should be here in 2 weeks. Still making me nervous.

I thought Bev is Johnny on the spot with the FE group. We have a ton of people.

Thanks - kind of had RL get in the way, had to start taking over some duties at work that I had given up a while back - LOL! I should be a bit more available now, but still post more on FB - hehehe - easier to keep up over there, IMHO..........

However, first post list is updated, and yes, we do have a HUGE FE list - it's been split into six lists to make it managable for those who don't want to have to do an FE for 67 cabins and 175 ppl (and still adding)!

Working on Palo Brunch list over the weekend, we're going to need to close that list as we are now full for three full seatings..............

Beverly

Thanks - kind of had RL get in the way, had to start taking over some duties at work that I had given up a while back - LOL! I should be a bit more available now, but still post more on FB - hehehe - easier to keep up over there, IMHO..........

However, first post list is updated, and yes, we do have a HUGE FE list - it's been split into six lists to make it managable for those who don't want to have to do an FE for 67 cabins and 175 ppl (and still adding)!

Working on Palo Brunch list over the weekend, we're going to need to close that list as we are now full for three full seatings..............

Beverly

Thanks for all your hard work, Beverly! :flower3:

Thanks - kind of had RL get in the way, had to start taking over some duties at work that I had given up a while back - LOL! I should be a bit more available now, but still post more on FB - hehehe - easier to keep up over there, IMHO.......... However, first post list is updated, and yes, we do have a HUGE FE list - it's been split into six lists to make it managable for those who don't want to have to do an FE for 67 cabins and 175 ppl (and still adding)! Working on Palo Brunch list over the weekend, we're going to need to close that list as we are now full for three full seatings.............. Beverly

Oh my! 6 lists and 175ppl!!! Unbelievable. Thanks for coordinating. This is a major undertaking!

Sorry I haven't been around much – it's been busy out!

I'm planning on going with translucent white (glow in the dark) with green lettering. The reason is that's the colour that we had on the WBTA in 2010, and it looks great. :artist:

But the best part about the glow-in-the dark quality is that you wear the bands around the ship (or on shore) during the day, then hang them on door handles in your room at night so you can find your way to the bathroom! We still have our wrist bands from WBTA 2010 and we always take them with us when we travel for that purpose – and as a reminder of one of the Great DCL cruises of all time! :goodvibes

Richard

Sorry I haven't been around much – it's been busy out!

I'm planning on going with translucent white (glow in the dark) with green lettering. The reason is that's the colour that we had on the WBTA in 2010, and it looks great. :artist:

But the best part about the glow-in-the dark quality is that you wear the bands around the ship (or on shore) during the day, then hang them on door handles in your room at night so you can find your way to the bathroom! We still have our wrist bands from WBTA 2010 and we always take them with us when we travel for that purpose – and as a reminder of one of the Great DCL cruises of all time! :goodvibes

Richard

Sounds great. Thanks for doing this for us.

Richard - from the who is who I have a total of 163 people...this number might be off - but it should give you an idea of how many folks there are. There are 111 members of the FB page as of right now (I am about to add a couple more folks)...so I am sure that not everyone has put their names on the who is who list.

does that help?

I like the text you picked!!!

Cayla

Yes, that's helpful. I'm going to over-order, I think, as I'd hate to disappoint people. The orders are in multiples of 100, so I'll probably get 300, mostly because we're probably going to have more people join at the last minute, I'm guessing, but I need to order a clear month ahead to make sure I get them in time.

It'll cost about $110 or so, and I can deal with any shortfalls from donations. I will ask people to donate paper money to defray the costs, not coins though, as I can use them as tips onboard!

Meanwhile, glad to hear you're enjoying married life! Looking forward to meeting you both onboard! :flower3:

Richard

Richard - from the who is who I have a total of 163 people...this number might be off - but it should give you an idea of how many folks there are. There are 111 members of the FB page as of right now (I am about to add a couple more folks)...so I am sure that not everyone has put their names on the who is who list.

does that help?

I like the text you picked!!!

Cayla

Thanks Richard - just FYI, the FE list has 175 ppl on it alone, so I am sure that there are more than this - hehehe - hope that helps a bit more - and yes, thanks so much!

Beverly

I sent out an e-mail this morning asking people to confirm they were still interested in the Palo Group Brunch. If you have confirmed to me as of now, I have updated the first post to reflect this. Please make sure to answer me ASAP as I would like to get with DCL next week about this! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter