• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

I'll have to wait until we're onboard to find out if we can use the secret deck at Aft 7, and that also limits how many people we can have (probably no more than about 15-20). If we can't meet there, then the basketball court would be my second choice.

I'm planning on doing this at 7:30 a.m. in the mornings of some sea days while it's still reasonably cool, and will develop a schedule of days (so I can actually sleep in on a couple of sea days). When we did this on the 2010 WBTA, it was a wonderful experience, especially as we were traveling west, and the sun rose behind us!

Note that if you want a qualified yoga instructor, the spa exercise people typically do offer yoga and they are qualified, but they typically offer it only about 2-3 times during the cruise, often later in the day, and only for 30 minutes. I'm planning on doing about an hour of yoga (including warm-up and shavasana at the end). However, if you are new to yoga, or have never done it, you are still welcome to join us. Yoga is not competitive; it's about getting better, not about being perfect, and the only one who knows how you feel is you. And everyone is better at some aspects than others. I'm OK at the strength moves, for instance, but suck at balance (although I'm working on it!).

I'll get things a bit more organized when I'm not working to deadlines and have had a chance to communicate with the fb and DISboard thread organizers. I needed to know if there was interest, and clearly there is. When I get to that point, I'll ask people to sign up, not as a commitment, but to get a sense of how much room we'll need.

Thanks! :hippie:
Richard

I'm interested in 2 bands (though Dave probably wont wear one, better get him one ;) ) and also interested in the yoga -- total novice

The wristbands are silicon and stretchy. You can put them on and take them off quite easily. I may order some additional ones to give out (pixie dust) to people around the ship. If DISboards people wish to help defray the costs, they can donate what they want at the cruise meet onboard the first day. However, it would be helpful if I knew how many people will want them and how many they want? It's easy to order more now; it's not easy once they've been ordered. Perhaps if I craft a message we could put it on the front page of this thread? DIsneyMouseHouse, would that be OK? :goodvibes Thanks, Richard

Thanks! I'll help defray your cost as well. 2 for spouse and I. THANKS! I agree, it will be an easy way to find each other!

I agree with Maria. I'll help defray the cost and I'd like two as well.

Oh for sure, I will help with cost....we did this a couple of cruises ago...so much fun passing someone in the passageway or up on deck and seeing the band and you smiled just a little bigger! ;)

that i would like to join too

well i can say i like nice warm weather but it has been hot here for the last couple off days like almost 2 to 30 degrees which is extremly hot her in holland for early june just hope we got to have some nice weather on the cruise not too hot and humid

The wristbands are silicon and stretchy. You can put them on and take them off quite easily. I may order some additional ones to give out (pixie dust) to people around the ship. If DISboards people wish to help defray the costs, they can donate what they want at the cruise meet onboard the first day. However, it would be helpful if I knew how many people will want them and how many they want? It's easy to order more now; it's not easy once they've been ordered. Perhaps if I craft a message we could put it on the front page of this thread? DIsneyMouseHouse, would that be OK? :goodvibes Thanks, Richard

We can help. Could we have 4 please?

On second thought, I'll guestimate how many to order. I'll look at how many people are registered for the cruise on the DISBoards + the facebook group, and add some extra. I'll allocate one per registered person. If people want more than that, I'll ask them for $1 apiece.

As for contributions to defray the costs, I'll take whatever people want to give. If there's a surplus, I'll use it to buy candy for CMs

BTW, if there are extras left over, I may hand them out to people who look like they could use a smile. (*pixie dust*!) pixiedust:

This way no one needs to keep track (including me).

Does that seem reasonable? :flower3:

Thanks,
Richard

I love the idea of the wristbands and want one for every member of my party, which would be uh, one. :)

The wristbands are silicon and stretchy. You can put them on and take them off quite easily. I may order some additional ones to give out (pixie dust) to people around the ship. If DISboards people wish to help defray the costs, they can donate what they want at the cruise meet onboard the first day. However, it would be helpful if I knew how many people will want them and how many they want? It's easy to order more now; it's not easy once they've been ordered. (Later addition: I'll order based on the number of people registered for the cruise both here and in the fb group, plus some spare for late additions. That way nobody has to try to keep track. I'll allow people to take one per registered person. If people want more, I'll ask for $1 apiece. Does that seem reasonable?) Perhaps if I craft a message we could put it on the front page of this thread? DIsneyMouseHouse, would that be OK? :goodvibes Thanks, Richard

We are certainly willing to help with the cost. Please put us down for 2.

On second thought, I'll guestimate how many to order. I'll look at how many people are registered for the cruise on the DISBoards + the facebook group, and add some extra. I'll allocate one per registered person. If people want more than that, I'll ask them for $1 apiece.

As for contributions to defray the costs, I'll take whatever people want to give. If there's a surplus, I'll use it to buy candy for CMs

BTW, if there are extras left over, I may hand them out to people who look like they could use a smile. (*pixie dust*!) pixiedust:

Thanks,
Richard

Yes, Richard that makes sense. It could be very hard to keep track of everyone who wants a band. :confused3

I also like the idea of yoga, sounds fun, but early, lol...:eek:

Thanks for being willing to do both of these things :goodvibes

The wristbands are silicon and stretchy. You can put them on and take them off quite easily. I may order some additional ones to give out (pixie dust) to people around the ship. If DISboards people wish to help defray the costs, they can donate what they want at the cruise meet onboard the first day.

However, it would be helpful if I knew how many people will want them and how many they want? It's easy to order more now; it's not easy once they've been ordered. (Later addition: I'll order based on the number of people registered for the cruise both here and in the fb group, plus some spare for late additions. That way nobody has to try to keep track. I'll allow people to take one per registered person. If people want more, I'll ask for $1 apiece. Does that seem reasonable?)

Perhaps if I craft a message we could put it on the front page of this thread? DIsneyMouseHouse, would that be OK? :goodvibes

Thanks,
Richard

Richard, count Donna and me in too, 2 wrist bands, one for each of us. We'll help with the payment as well. Thanks for doing this.

We can't wait to go! One of the top things on my husband's bucket list! We would love to purchase two wrist bands. We have cruised a few times--our favorite Disney thing to do!

I am a personalization artist at the Days of Christmas shop at DTD. If you happen to come by the store before we set sail, stop by and say hi. We can meet before we sail! (My name is Anne-Robin)

I am a personalization artist at the Days of Christmas shop at DTD. If you happen to come by the store before we set sail, stop by and say hi. We can meet before we sail! (My name is Anne-Robin)

Oh, my favorite store of all! Won't make it in before we sail, but sure will in December! :thumbsup2 So I will come in and say "Anne-Robin! How wonderful to see you again!" :goodvibes

IT WAS THERE!!!!! BURIED IN MY JUNK BOX!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Robin

Glad you finally found it! No one had answered my question of WHERE the notification came through. Now I know and will change my response accordingly.

Cayla

Richard - we would like 2 wrist bands please. Of course we will donate to the costs

Hello everyone! We just booked this cruise last week and are EXTREMELY excited! It will be me and DH. It is our second Disney cruise, but first without the kids (college for one and basic or dog sitting for other). Our last cruise was 13 yrs ago and so I'm trying to figure out these boards and FE.

:welcome: Is it just me or is our group getting crazy big? :cool1::disrocks: I just love "getting to know" fellow cruisers before the actual cruise. We did this back in 04' and I'm still very good friends with 1 couple from Texas. We still get together every couple of years at WDW and text/talk all the time.

We just booked the Wyndham San Diego Bay today. It is LITERALLY across the street from where the ship will dock. They have a free airport shuttle and quite a few restaurants inside/next door. It's very reasonable and has free wifi. We are flying into San Diego the night before the cruise too. :)

So excited to have changed our ressie to Wyndham San Diego Bay yesterday :banana:. I'm all about saving $$ whenever I can and 50 bucks is 50 bucks and they have the free shuttle from the airport and to the zoo that is another $$ saver :thumbsup2

Just wanted to introduce ourselves my daughter Stacey and myself (Marie) will be on this cruise. This is my 5th Disney cruise and Stacey's 2nd. Stacey is 19 and has autism she loves (obsesses) everything Disney, you'll want to be on her team for Disney trivia. :cheer2:
We are traveling with my son, daughter in law and grandson who'll be 7 months on the cruise.

:welcome:Can't wait to meet everyone, especially a Disney obsessor. Would :love: to be trivia teammates with Stacey.

I haven't been on the DISBoards for a while, so my apologies for being MIA. Welcome to all the new cruisers who have joined in the meantime!

I have two questions, which may have been dealt with recently.

First, has anyone suggested a customized wristband for this cruise? We had them on the 2010 WBTA, and it was a nice touch, especially as they were glow-in-the-dark, and therefore very useful for finding the bathroom in the middle of the night without turning on a light. If not, I will volunteer to organize this. :wave2: And do people think this is a worthwhile idea?

Second, has anyone else talked about doing yoga on some of the sea days? :worship: If not, I'm happy to workout with others who might be interested. Again, on the WBTA, we did yoga on the "secret" deck at 7 Aft, which was a really great experience. If no one has talked about this recently, would anyone be interested?

Just to be clear, I am NOT a qualified yoga instructor, and anyone who participates does so at their own risk. OTOH, I've been doing yoga off and on for about 35 years, and find it really helps, especially as I'm now approaching my mid-60s. (But then, 60 is the new 40, right?) ::yes::

Anyway, it's good to be back. It's been a busy period, lots of travel, some of it even for fun!

See You All Real Soon! :hippie:
Richard

Thanks,
Richard

Love the idea of wristbands, as I mentioned on FB, and would like to request 2. I've never done yoga and like someone else mentioned I'm not the best balancer around. I am planning on doing elliptical and abdominal workouts on most mornings. I promised my weight management doc that if he takes most of the fluid out of my band that I will continue to not eat any bread or steak and will exercise :yay:. I don't want to blow, what I've achieved in 3 years, away in 3 weeks :sad2:.

CrockettTraveler would like to put in a request for 2 wristbands.

We will also be staying at Wyndham Bayside before the cruise. The refurbishment of the hotel is now complete according to the posts on Tripadvisor. I hope all the "kinks" have been corrected before we arrive in September. :goodvibes

I am almost finished with all of my FE gifts! Luckily Southwest doesn't charge for luggage - my gifts take up half of my carry-on bag.:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter