Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

We just booked today and are ready to go.....no wait we still need to join in on all of the festivities on page 1. It will be me, my husband and my son (13). This is our 3rd cruise and the first one without our two oldest who couldn't get the time off of their college classes to join us.

My son is asking if there are any other kiddos his age that will be on this trip.

Can't wait for September!!! Wishing the summer will move along quickly, but trying to savor the time off from school/activities that keep us so busy.
Paula

I want to :welcome::welcome::welcome: 5CruisinDisney and Family to the cruise. So glad y'all are joining us on this fantastic voyage. (That would make for a great name for a movie, "Fantastic Voyage.") Anyway, welcome aboard!!!:thumbsup2

I just talked to my TA…DCL will not confirm or deny a group's booking on board any of their ships anytime. That said, she came up with some very telling points…
1) DCL does not do group cruise pricing any longer…rack rates would be extremely high for such a large group and their chaperones. (according to my TA they stopped group bookings about 18 months ago)
2) two weeks from the BEGINNING of school, then Competition on top? Don't see ANY school allowing that long out.
3) Dance/band comps are usually a little later in the year.
4) (and the biggie) If a school band/dance troupe were going to do such a cruise just before a competition and they needed rehearsal space, wouldn't that be something they would have investigated BEFORE booking said cruise? I was in band and dance in high school…yeah, not seeing our directors ever doing something like that before a comp.

JUDGEMENT…TROLL (imho)

I agree, must be a troll. Like Carys mentioned, I too read that musical instruments are on Disney's prohibited items list.

Hello! We just signed up for this cruise today. We are a family of 3 with a 3 year old daughter. This is my 4th disney cruise, but my husband and daughters first. We are very excited. On Cruise Critic recently a member posted that he has 200 teenagers in his group and they need a place to practice their band or something during the cruise. Has anyone else heard about this?

I heard that and am seriously :worried:

i've done a cruise before that had 200 unsupervised teens. it was not pretty.

Robin

We just booked today and are ready to go.....no wait we still need to join in on all of the festivities on page 1. It will be me, my husband and my son (13). This is our 3rd cruise and the first one without our two oldest who couldn't get the time off of their college classes to join us.

My son is asking if there are any other kiddos his age that will be on this trip.

Can't wait for September!!! Wishing the summer will move along quickly, but trying to savor the time off from school/activities that keep us so busy.
Paula

my daughter is 14. maybe they will be in the kids club together.
robin

My cruising books. Yeah... lots of chick lit.

So if music instruments aren't permitted I can't pack my kazoo and play Wings all night long?! Dang.

I hope it was a troll, too. I made a comment over on that board so I will get an email if he replies back.

Robin

You are so close to 10. Pretend I said something interesting and laugh about it.

97 days until I get to fly home, then eat a ton of real Mexican food. If y'all are in the Inland Empire while we're down there: go to Miguel Juniors. I told my best friend that's the reason why I'm going to Cucamonga... not her, I want a bean/rice/cheese burrito and hot sauce.

I hope it was a troll, too. I made a comment over on that board so I will get an email if he replies back.

Robin

As a former high school teacher I can't imagine any high school allowing a school band (or any school group) to go on a cruise during the school year. With money being tight and the Common Core teaching method being implemented missing any school time will be a detriment to the students.

Hi all!
Has anyone purchased tickets yet for MNSSHP? I was thinking of buying tickets for 9/26, but now I'm thinking that we should visit Kennedy Space Center on 9/26 and then MNSSHP on 9/28. We are staying in the Orlando area (have not yet booked a hotel) for the 3 nights post-cruise and flying home in the evening on 9/29. Thoughts? We have a 4y/o DS and 3y/o DD.
Thanks!
Cheryl

Hi all!
Has anyone purchased tickets yet for MNSSHP? I was thinking of buying tickets for 9/26, but now I'm thinking that we should visit Kennedy Space Center on 9/26 and then MNSSHP on 9/28. We are staying in the Orlando area (have not yet booked a hotel) for the 3 nights post-cruise and flying home in the evening on 9/29. Thoughts? We have a 4y/o DS and 3y/o DD.
Thanks!
Cheryl

Is this my 10th post :-)? No, we are sadly going to miss it! We did the Halloween cruise last year (awesome!!). And we are coming back in November to run the Wine & Dine Half, (our son, age 4, is running the mile) so we will be doing the Mickey Christmas Party.

We love Disney, wish it weren't so far away. Will be even further (farther?)when we move next year.

Hi all!
Thanks!
Cheryl

We also have 3 nights post cruise before we fly home (back to the UK).
We already have our MNSSHP Tix for Fri 26th and then have a night booked at HRH on Sat so we can have early admission and FOL for 2 days at IoA and US. Monday we have breakfast at Chef Mickey's pretty early then will do a bit of last minute shopping, and maybe look around some of the resort hotels before heading to the airport :( we don't have kids tho' so maybe no help at all!!!

I read the post asking about band practice space. He says that the band will be playing "the Monday we return." Since our cruise returns on a Friday, I think we can rule out this group being onboard. Yay! No offense intended toward high school band members and dancers, just rather not be on a two week cruise with 200 of them. Lesa

I just figured he meant the Monday after our return. I did my post yesterday on Cruise Critic so we'll see if he replies! But agree with everyone, and band teacher, dance team coordinator would surely have checked practice venues BEFORE booking! If not, I think they'll be in deep trouble with the band parents!

Dear Fellow Cruisers: Please don't wish away the summer! I have a birthday in early fall and while I don't relish the alternative, I am truly NOT looking forward to this next milestone birthday; in fact, it makes me rather sad :*(
Thank you ; )

That's a relief! My three kids were all in marching band when they were in high school, so nothing against bands. But 200 bandies with instruments sounds a bit over the top on a cruise ship, lol. I tried to find any band competition at WDW Wide World of Sports in September, and there is none listed anywhere that I could find. I concur with Va-NanaTink's troll assessment. He hasn't gotten much attention over at Cruise Critic, but over it would be a different story, since this is a much more populated board. If it was true..... I think the adult areas of the ship would be a lot more crowded than usual on this cruise! Karen

My daughter's dance team performed and practiced on a Carnival Cruise before 'Magic MusicDays' performance at WDW. You can sure bet that rehearsal schedule and venues were all arranged and confirmed long before booking and sailing!

Dear Fellow Cruisers: Please don't wish away the summer! I have a birthday in early fall and while I don't relish the alternative, I am truly NOT looking forward to this next milestone birthday; in fact, it makes me rather sad :*(
Thank you ; )

I don't want to wish the summer away because I love the warm weather :beach:

I've decided that I will take every single birthday that I am allowed to have! It is much better than the alternative.

I have been losing weight ( keeps re- finding me over the years) and have been faithful with exercising everyday. My goal for this trip is to not gain weight! Anyone else going to be exercising and eating healthy on this trip? Or am I the sole nutcase? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter