Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

What? No. I prohibit this. I want 2 weeks of near silence. I don't want to hear someone badly practicing their oboe. Dalmatians scare me. When I was growing up the vet my dogs went to had a support group. Are they really high strung? I've heard that. That's one thing I've become really passionate about as I've gotten older: researching dog breeds. If I'm going to spend 10+ years of my life with a dog I want to know everything.... Although no one said while researching goldens that they could be obnoxiously loving... You're not having to pay your momma? Or is she getting paid in cuddles. I'm 33. Is that young? Dude... I want to learn tap! 3 hours is a lot of dance a week. Dude 1.) Y'all are awesome. 2.) This is why I'm not a vet or work in a shelter. I'd bring home my patients. I can't take old people home... 3.) Seriously how big is your heart? and 4.) Y'all are awesome. Okay here's my thing with shepherds: I heard they're super smart. I like animals... this will sound bad, I don't want a dog/cat/critter smarter than me. I like kinda' having a little control in my house when it comes to critters. Here's what I have (and I think I've shared this before) : Tucker is a former assistance dog in training. He is a 4 (going on 5) year old field golden retriever (so that means super dark red/russet fur). He was in the program and saw Darth Vader, and wet himself... apparently they like to test what is a trigger for the dog and Vader is a trigger for him. Which- if you saw the dark lord you'd wet yourself. Now he's just my cuddle monkey dog. I have a Russian Blue shelter cat, Grey, who is currently transitioning from being an indoor/outdoor cat to indoor.... driving me crazy. Leannda has been here and seen her screaming, climbing drapes, being obnoxious. And on days my parents have their long days I take their 60lb English lab for "playdates at Kim's!" 703 square foot cottage and chaos. So Tuck is going to parents house and my sister (and maybe her husband?) are going to watch Grey. No one likes the cat. She was great as an indoor/outdoor cat... she's crazy now. And my cruise counter says 99 days.

My mom gets paid in cuddles from the two kitties

Hello! We just signed up for this cruise today. We are a family of 3 with a 3 year old daughter. This is my 4th disney cruise, but my husband and daughters first. We are very excited. On Cruise Critic recently a member posted that he has 200 teenagers in his group and they need a place to practice their band or something during the cruise. Has anyone else heard about this?

Wow, this can't be true, is it? My parents love watching kids and all (especially when the cute little ones are meeting characters) but 200 band members all practicing is a little excessive.

What school would allow a 2 week vacation, and how are 200 parents able to afford this cruise? I know I wouldn't be able to even if my daughter's school planned such a trip (especially not with us haha).

Can you provide a link to the CC thread? Now I'm really curious . . .

Dalmatians scare me. When I was growing up the vet my dogs went to had a support group. Are they really high strung? I've heard that Dalmatians are great family dogs. They are not high strung, but require plenty of exercise. I remember entertainment at a very special Chicago Dog Show which was trained Dalmatians. One in particular was sent out to jump a 30 foot High Jump. He ran out, touched the wall, and then limped back to the handler on 3 legs, who then kissed then patted the "injured" paw, and the Dalmatian turned around and ran to the wall and jumped over it to the crowd's delight. Obviously it was all part of the show. I love Dalmatians and they have given my family lots of pleasure over the years. Joe

Dose anybody have any idea in how much an Internet package cost on the Wonder? I know how much it costs a minute to use the internet. But was wondering in how much an internet package is?

We have been on one other cruise (hubby & myself but not the boy). Do you know what Disney has for 15 year olds. Thanks for the info on FE that sounds like alot of fun. Tamsen

Sorry. We took our kids on Royal Caribbean, but didn't do our first Disney Cruise - sans adult kids- until my husbands 50th birthday.

Hello! We just signed up for this cruise today. We are a family of 3 with a 3 year old daughter. This is my 4th disney cruise, but my husband and daughters first. We are very excited. On Cruise Critic recently a member posted that he has 200 teenagers in his group and they need a place to practice their band or something during the cruise. Has anyone else heard about this?

They're on our cruise? Oh my!!!

What? No. I prohibit this. I want 2 weeks of near silence. I don't want to hear someone badly practicing their oboe.

I agree! If they are indeed on our cruise, I hope there is a very low, bottom of the ship area to put them!!!
I wonder if we can find out? Maybe someone who is using a travel agent can get the inside info!

What? No. I prohibit this. I want 2 weeks of near silence. I don't want to hear someone badly practicing their oboe.

I agree! If they are indeed on our cruise, I hope there is a very low, bottom of the ship area to put them!!!
I wonder if we can find out? Maybe someone who is using a travel agent can get the inside info!

It doesn't seem like an obvious choice for a cruise with teenagers. I can't imagine there would be a space big enough for a group like that to practice on a cruise ship. Wouldn't being at WDW before their performing there have been a more appropriate choice for them?

I saw that post on Cruise Critic. With no follow-up from the person who posted, I'm wondering if it was a joke to get a rousing discussion going!

Karen

I just talked to my TA…DCL will not confirm or deny a group's booking on board any of their ships anytime. That said, she came up with some very telling points…
1) DCL does not do group cruise pricing any longer…rack rates would be extremely high for such a large group and their chaperones. (according to my TA they stopped group bookings about 18 months ago)
2) two weeks from the BEGINNING of school, then Competition on top? Don't see ANY school allowing that long out.
3) Dance/band comps are usually a little later in the year.
4) (and the biggie) If a school band/dance troupe were going to do such a cruise just before a competition and they needed rehearsal space, wouldn't that be something they would have investigated BEFORE booking said cruise? I was in band and dance in high school…yeah, not seeing our directors ever doing something like that before a comp.

JUDGEMENT…TROLL (imho)

I read the post asking about band practice space. He says that the band will be playing "the Monday we return." Since our cruise returns on a Friday, I think we can rule out this group being onboard.

Yay! No offense intended toward high school band members and dancers, just rather not be on a two week cruise with 200 of them.

Lesa

I read the post asking about band practice space. He says that the band will be playing "the Monday we return." Since our cruise returns on a Friday, I think we can rule out this group being onboard. Yay! No offense intended toward high school band members and dancers, just rather not be on a two week cruise with 200 of them. Lesa

I read that too but I took that to mean the Monday following our return - so it could still be possible. I am really praying it is a troll....

My first cruises were on the Disney Magic as a teenager and we really had nothing to do but look for trouble. Granted it's been 10 years since I've been on a Disney cruise, but then the teenage program was awful and we never went.

I am hoping this isn't true! We booked this because we read on previous threads that this sailing has fewer kids! We have one, but the pools on the Bahamian sailing was insane...and had to be emptied a couple of times :rolleyes1

I am so excited. We just booked this cruise - with the military discount(thank you, Disney!). Our son will be close to 5, so I am hoping it is not too long of a trip for him.
Can't wait to do fish extender, this is our 2nd cruise on Disney, and I have so much to learn.:cheer2::cheer2:

:welcome::welcome:

:welcome::welcome:

Dose anybody have any idea in how much an Internet package cost on the Wonder? I know how much it costs a minute to use the internet. But was wondering in how much an internet package is?

Good question! I'm not sure that I will buy minutes but I've been figuring up picture pkgs, tips, excursions, tastings etc. and I'm really happy with the figure so far. Hoping I can keep expenses at $1500 or less. I think I'd rather be internet free for 2 weeks. See if I have withdrawals or not :p

I just talked to my TA…DCL will not confirm or deny a group's booking on board any of their ships anytime. That said, she came up with some very telling points…
1) DCL does not do group cruise pricing any longer…rack rates would be extremely high for such a large group and their chaperones. (according to my TA they stopped group bookings about 18 months ago)
2) two weeks from the BEGINNING of school, then Competition on top? Don't see ANY school allowing that long out.
3) Dance/band comps are usually a little later in the year.
4) (and the biggie) If a school band/dance troupe were going to do such a cruise just before a competition and they needed rehearsal space, wouldn't that be something they would have investigated BEFORE booking said cruise? I was in band and dance in high school…yeah, not seeing our directors ever doing something like that before a comp.

JUDGEMENT…TROLL (imho)

I vote TROLL :thumbsup2

I just got off the Wonder about 2 weeks ago. They have changed from paying by the minute to by the MB. I like this plan better. The top plan was for 1000 MB (not sure why they didn't call it 1 gig) it was $89.00. In 5 days of checking my e-mail 3 times a day for work I used less then 200 MB. I get about 200 emails a day. I figure that 1000 will be more than enough for 14 days. Hope this helps.

I read the post asking about band practice space. He says that the band will be playing "the Monday we return." Since our cruise returns on a Friday, I think we can rule out this group being onboard. Yay! No offense intended toward high school band members and dancers, just rather not be on a two week cruise with 200 of them. Lesa

Since musical instruments are a prohibited item, it all seems a bit unlikely. I won't be losing sleep :)

I just got off the Wonder about 2 weeks ago. They have changed from paying by the minute to by the MB. I like this plan better. The top plan was for 1000 MB (not sure why they didn't call it 1 gig) it was $89.00. In 5 days of checking my e-mail 3 times a day for work I used less then 200 MB. I get about 200 emails a day. I figure that 1000 will be more than enough for 14 days. Hope this helps.
That is really useful info, looks like we might be getting a package.

Since musical instruments are a prohibited item, it all seems a bit unlikely. I won't be losing sleep :)
That makes me feel better, thanks.

We just booked today and are ready to go.....no wait we still need to join in on all of the festivities on page 1. It will be me, my husband and my son (13). This is our 3rd cruise and the first one without our two oldest who couldn't get the time off of their college classes to join us.

My son is asking if there are any other kiddos his age that will be on this trip.

Can't wait for September!!! Wishing the summer will move along quickly, but trying to savor the time off from school/activities that keep us so busy.
Paula

That's a relief! My three kids were all in marching band when they were in high school, so nothing against bands. But 200 bandies with instruments sounds a bit over the top on a cruise ship, lol.

I tried to find any band competition at WDW Wide World of Sports in September, and there is none listed anywhere that I could find. I concur with Va-NanaTink's troll assessment. He hasn't gotten much attention over at Cruise Critic, but over it would be a different story, since this is a much more populated board.

If it was true..... I think the adult areas of the ship would be a lot more crowded than usual on this cruise!

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter