Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

Dude! Get off your tushy! Move! I don't have a formal work out but I do a mental check when I go walking. I make sure we (Tucker and I) see a different domesticated critter per walk. There are chickens, cows, horses, sheep, and I think I've seen some ducks. Our walks range from a quarter to a half to sometimes a mile. We do about 2-3 a day. Then I ride my bike to work. I work 0.53 miles from my cottage, but I bike at night.... and there are hills. Oh and I have a beach cruiser without gears. So I bike about 1.06 miles a day with hills and walk about 2 miles a day, then run Tuck about a mile every other day. I'm not fit, but I'm just telling you make it a game. That's what the point of my rant was. Make it a game, play neighborhood bingo or challenge yourself on the fitness equipment.

You must be young :rotfl:

I'm not young but from September to the first of June I do about 3 and a half hours a week of dance classes. I do tap, hip hop and line dancing. Not that I'm necessarily good at any of them but it's fun. :dance3:

Been looking at the Facebook group and I just wanted to let everyone know that the name that I use on Facebook is Robin K. Just so that you can "recognize" me if I post anything over there.

Dude! Get off your tushy! Move! I don't have a formal work out but I do a mental check when I go walking. I make sure we (Tucker and I) see a different domesticated critter per walk. There are chickens, cows, horses, sheep, and I think I've seen some ducks. Our walks range from a quarter to a half to sometimes a mile. We do about 2-3 a day. Then I ride my bike to work. I work 0.53 miles from my cottage, but I bike at night.... and there are hills. Oh and I have a beach cruiser without gears. So I bike about 1.06 miles a day with hills and walk about 2 miles a day, then run Tuck about a mile every other day. I'm not fit, but I'm just telling you make it a game. That's what the point of my rant was. Make it a game, play neighborhood bingo or challenge yourself on the fitness equipment.

I do that. I have some "Star Wars: Clone Wars" treats for kids... or adult kids. That and my mom got all the stuff for her FE gifts only to have to cancel the cruise. You never know.

Hope your MIL feels better.

I miss going on my bike to work now i have to take a car because im not riding 40km a day on my bike :rotfl:

Trying to get onto the FB group, since i do better on FB than on here. but my post isn't high enough on here to be able to send a pm to the FB group owner. Can she PM me???

Thanks
Robin

I guess I should give more information. this will be our third disney cruise. But we have done lots of others. the last on being Carnival back in november. this trip my mom and dad, my husband and my 2 girls 14 and 11 will be cruising.

We homeschool so will be doing many school-days at sea for this 14 day cruise.

I guess I should give more information. this will be our third disney cruise. But we have done lots of others. the last on being Carnival back in november. this trip my mom and dad, my husband and my 2 girls 14 and 11 will be cruising.

We homeschool so will be doing many school-days at sea for this 14 day cruise.

Robinleesa, if I'm not mistaken I believe Cayla, who takes care of the FB page is on vacation right now. Do what so many of us have done when we were just starting out posting here on the DIS. Just keep posting something, anything, just to get your posts up to 10. After 10, 10 is the magic number, you can send her a PM requesting to be admitted to our FB page. I think she is watching the DIS and trying to add people even on vacation. When you do PM her, mention you are on the Panama Canal cruise, because she is taking care of two different FB pages for two different cruises. :thumbsup2

We also have two kitties. We had 3 but the matriarch, Sabrina, passed on a little over a year ago. The other two missed her for several weeks after she passed. Donna and I still miss her. We always leave our kitties at home, in familiar surroundings. They don't do well boarded at the vet's. Our daughter comes in everyday to take care of their food, water and litter boxes and she lets them go out on the covered lanai to play, so they don't get cabin fever. We pay her to come by a take care of our two "kids." The way we look at it, we would have to pay the vet to board them, and this way they are at their home and more comfortable.

We curretly have 8; partial explanation is that my wife is a vet. We take in "damaged" or mistreated cats and provide them with a home for however much time they have left on earth. Several were kittens, a couple even new borns that had to be dropper fed, then bottle fed and eventually changed over to solid food. One kitten was rescued by a passerby who found a teenager using it like a ball; bouncing it against a wall. Another was sick and had fallen into a water bowl and drowned. He had ring worm so bad that no one wanted to touch him so my wife had to handle and revive him. One is a full blooded Bengal who was being shown until the family child shut her tail in a door breaking it; she was damaged and could no longer be shown. She was dumped off at the vet to be disposed of, the owner signed an adoption permit. She was so wild no one wanted her so we took her.

The latest is an older (15+ years old) cat brought in by a woman who "didn't want him dying in her yard". He was so skinny you could count his ribs from accross the room, had been hit by a car and not healed right, had ear mites and an was heavily afflicted with fleas. The protocol was to clean them up and turn them over to the ASPCA but I knew if she did they would almost immediately put him to sleep. So I told her "yes; bring him home". He had a tag with his name and a phone number on it. The phone number was no longer in service, his name was/is Koozya. There is a Russian childrens book about a tailless cat named Koozya who lives on a rudderless boat. When we go on vacation we pay a friend who is also a vet tech to come in twice daily and feed and water them, scoop the litter boxes and she also spends some time with a laser pointer exercising them. Somewhat expensive but when we are away we are totally confident that they are being taken care of.

I have now probably written my quota here for the rest of the year.

I am the proud owner of 2 kitties, 1 15 week old German shepherd puppy, and 3 sugar gliders. Best part is that my daughter and her boyfriend will be at the house taking care of them while me and Momma Beth party on the Wonder.:banana:

I am so excited. We just booked this cruise - with the military discount(thank you, Disney!). Our son will be close to 5, so I am hoping it is not too long of a trip for him.
Can't wait to do fish extender, this is our 2nd cruise on Disney, and I have so much to learn.:cheer2::cheer2:

Welcome! Is this your first ever cruise or just first Disney cruise? If you have cruised before, than there probably isn't too much different other than the dining room rotation schedule, which you'll find out when on board, and a few other things:
-There is a pirate party where people dress up. -check out page 1 for different group activities we are planning such as the FE- Fish Extender
- Fish Extender : you sign up and then whichever group you're in, you make/buy a little gift for the cabin or the individuals in the cabin. The FE itself is a hanging pocket thing that people can leave your stuff in. Do a web search for images to get ideas and if you're not crafty, you can have one made on Etsy. Gift cost, items, etc. are totally up to your discretion.
- if your kids are young, I believe they have a princess tea, character greetings and other activities that differ from other lines.
It's going to be fun!

We have been on one other cruise (hubby & myself but not the boy). Do you know what Disney has for 15 year olds. Thanks for the info on FE that sounds like alot of fun.

Tamsen

Hello! We just signed up for this cruise today. We are a family of 3 with a 3 year old daughter. This is my 4th disney cruise, but my husband and daughters first. We are very excited. On Cruise Critic recently a member posted that he has 200 teenagers in his group and they need a place to practice their band or something during the cruise. Has anyone else heard about this?

Between my daughter (Nancy 2 females) and myself (1 male) we have rescued 3 cats and board them in a commercial pet hotel in 2 pet condos. After 30 years raising and showing Dalmatians, this is quite a surprise. When we had only Dalmatians, they were boarded 50 miles away at a boarding kennel owned and run by one of my wife's (deceased) obedience students. They truly enjoyed going to "Camp Judy" where they had the run of 8 acres. I never had a feline and this is an education. Unfortunately, there is no one to take care of these pets in our respective houses.

Hello! We just signed up for this cruise today. We are a family of 3 with a 3 year old daughter. This is my 4th disney cruise, but my husband and daughters first. We are very excited. On Cruise Critic recently a member posted that he has 200 teenagers in his group and they need a place to practice their band or something during the cruise. Has anyone else heard about this?

I read that too. Don't know if it is true or not though.

My Mom and I adopted two kitties this last March from the Shelter here in Oak Harbor. Tigger is an orange Tabby about a year old and then there is Cookie who is a Torti/Tabby kitty about 8 months old. Tigger likes to jump all over the place that's which I named him Tigger and Cookie loves treats. I know they will be in good hands with my Mom watching them. Plus they will keep my Mom company when I am on vacation.

What? No. I prohibit this. I want 2 weeks of near silence. I don't want to hear someone badly practicing their oboe.

Between my daughter (Nancy 2 females) and myself (1 male) we have rescued 3 cats and board them in a commercial pet hotel in 2 pet condos. After 30 years raising and showing Dalmatians, this is quite a surprise. When we had only Dalmatians, they were boarded 50 miles away at a boarding kennel owned and run by one of my wife's (deceased) obedience students. They truly enjoyed going to "Camp Judy" where they had the run of 8 acres. I never had a feline and this is an education. Unfortunately, there is no one to take care of these pets in our respective houses.

Dalmatians scare me. When I was growing up the vet my dogs went to had a support group. Are they really high strung? I've heard that. That's one thing I've become really passionate about as I've gotten older: researching dog breeds. If I'm going to spend 10+ years of my life with a dog I want to know everything.... Although no one said while researching goldens that they could be obnoxiously loving...

My Mom and I adopted two kitties this last March from the Shelter here in Oak Harbor. Tigger is an orange Tabby about a year old and then there is Cookie who is a Torti/Tabby kitty about 8 months old. Tigger likes to jump all over the place that's which I named him Tigger and Cookie loves treats. I know they will be in good hands with my Mom watching them. Plus they will keep my Mom company when I am on vacation.
You're not having to pay your momma? Or is she getting paid in cuddles.

You must be young :rotfl:

I'm not young but from September to the first of June I do about 3 and a half hours a week of dance classes. I do tap, hip hop and line dancing. Not that I'm necessarily good at any of them but it's fun. :dance3:

I'm 33. Is that young? Dude... I want to learn tap! 3 hours is a lot of dance a week.

We curretly have 8; partial explanation is that my wife is a vet. We take in "damaged" or mistreated cats and provide them with a home for however much time they have left on earth. Several were kittens, a couple even new borns that had to be dropper fed, then bottle fed and eventually changed over to solid food. One kitten was rescued by a passerby who found a teenager using it like a ball; bouncing it against a wall. Another was sick and had fallen into a water bowl and drowned. He had ring worm so bad that no one wanted to touch him so my wife had to handle and revive him. One is a full blooded Bengal who was being shown until the family child shut her tail in a door breaking it; she was damaged and could no longer be shown. She was dumped off at the vet to be disposed of, the owner signed an adoption permit. She was so wild no one wanted her so we took her.

The latest is an older (15+ years old) cat brought in by a woman who "didn't want him dying in her yard". He was so skinny you could count his ribs from accross the room, had been hit by a car and not healed right, had ear mites and an was heavily afflicted with fleas. The protocol was to clean them up and turn them over to the ASPCA but I knew if she did they would almost immediately put him to sleep. So I told her "yes; bring him home". He had a tag with his name and a phone number on it. The phone number was no longer in service, his name was/is Koozya. There is a Russian childrens book about a tailless cat named Koozya who lives on a rudderless boat. When we go on vacation we pay a friend who is also a vet tech to come in twice daily and feed and water them, scoop the litter boxes and she also spends some time with a laser pointer exercising them. Somewhat expensive but when we are away we are totally confident that they are being taken care of.

Dude 1.) Y'all are awesome. 2.) This is why I'm not a vet or work in a shelter. I'd bring home my patients. I can't take old people home... 3.) Seriously how big is your heart? and 4.) Y'all are awesome.

I am the proud owner of 2 kitties, 1 15 week old German shepherd puppy, and 3 sugar gliders. Best part is that my daughter and her boyfriend will be at the house taking care of them while me and Momma Beth party on the Wonder.:banana:

Okay here's my thing with shepherds: I heard they're super smart. I like animals... this will sound bad, I don't want a dog/cat/critter smarter than me. I like kinda' having a little control in my house when it comes to critters.

Here's what I have (and I think I've shared this before) : Tucker is a former assistance dog in training. He is a 4 (going on 5) year old field golden retriever (so that means super dark red/russet fur). He was in the program and saw Darth Vader, and wet himself... apparently they like to test what is a trigger for the dog and Vader is a trigger for him. Which- if you saw the dark lord you'd wet yourself. Now he's just my cuddle monkey dog. I have a Russian Blue shelter cat, Grey, who is currently transitioning from being an indoor/outdoor cat to indoor.... driving me crazy. Leannda has been here and seen her screaming, climbing drapes, being obnoxious. And on days my parents have their long days I take their 60lb English lab for "playdates at Kim's!" 703 square foot cottage and chaos. So Tuck is going to parents house and my sister (and maybe her husband?) are going to watch Grey. No one likes the cat. She was great as an indoor/outdoor cat... she's crazy now.

And my cruise counter says 99 days.

That's great that you and your wife do that Jimmy. All of the kitties we have now and have had in the past are ones who showed up at our front door and adopted us. I open the front door and they stroll in and say, "Hi, I'm home!!!"

I am so excited. We just booked this cruise - with the military discount(thank you, Disney!). Our son will be close to 5, so I am hoping it is not too long of a trip for him.
Can't wait to do fish extender, this is our 2nd cruise on Disney, and I have so much to learn.:cheer2::cheer2:

I would like to :welcome::welcome::welcome: Crewchik and Family and :welcome::welcome::welcome: SparklingBlonde and Family to the cruise. So glad y'all are joining us on the cruise. This is a fun bunch of some wild and crazy people on here. (No names will be mentioned to protect the innocent and the guilty. But y'all know who you are!!!) Anyways, again, welcome aboard!!:cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2:

Please say it isn't so.. Don't mind the kids but no music practice... This is my vacation please be nice and why would 200 kids be on a Panama Canal cruise and want to practice band?....
Any way just checking in we are done planning now the count down begins.
I have 2 more cruises to do but no decisions made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter