• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

I've read that Columbia is known for their emeralds. Has anyone bought emeralds or any kind of jewelry in Columbia. The emerald is my daughter's birthstone. I would love to buy her one while we're in Columbia. Do you think that's possible?

Donna

We are thinking about booking this Panama Canal cruise. But in order to book it, we have to have it paid in full, and that makes me a little nervous! I will be celebrating my birthday on the 21st, but more importantly we will be celebrating the 4th anniversary of my daughters Make-A-Wish trip. Her Wish was to cruise (for the first time) on the Disney Dream in 2011. She was so sad when we got off the boat that we promised her that we would take her on a Disney cruise every year. It's been 4 years and this is our 4th cruise!

Our family:
Brooke (me)
Eric (husband)
Ireland (daughter, 12 years old, diagnosed with Neuromyelitis Optica- a rare auto-immune disease)

We just booked the Panama Canal cruise today and couldn't be more excited! I will be celebrating my birthday on the 21st (in Columbia!!), but more importantly we will be celebrating the 4th anniversary of my daughters Make-A-Wish trip. Her Wish was to cruise (for the first time) on the Disney Dream in 2010. She was so sad when we got off the boat that we promised her that we would take her on a Disney cruise every year. It's been 4 years and this is our 4th cruise! :thumbsup2

Our family:
Brooke (me)
Eric (husband)
Ireland (daughter, 12 years old, diagnosed with Neuromyelitis Optica- a rare auto-immune disease)

I read this waaaay wrong at first... half awake reading, and read it as you're turning 21, your daughter had her first make a wish four years ago (meaning in my half asleep brain you were 17 when she had her first make a wish), and that she was turning 12.... I should not be reading this thread while half awake! Welcome though!

All checked in excursions are all selected. Now all we have to do is wait 105 days. Very mixed feelings about this. I want it to be here but when we get back summer in Washington state will be over :(

Very excited as I just checked in and picked some excursions.

This is our second time on the Disney Wonder Panama Canal cruise - we did the same crossing September 2013. If anyone has any questions then I will do my best to answer. Seems like a very active group here!

I just booked this cruise for myself, my husband and my mother.

:boat: Very much looking forward to it.

Irelandsmom, I will also be celebrating my birthday on the 21st. Having dinner in Palo, the same place I celebrated it last year, except I was on the Dream!

Very excited as I just checked in and picked some excursions.

This is our second time on the Disney Wonder Panama Canal cruise - we did the same crossing September 2013. If anyone has any questions then I will do my best to answer. Seems like a very active group here!

What were some of the more different activities offered during sea days? Thanks :thumbsup2

All checked in excursions are all selected. Now all we have to do is wait 105 days. Very mixed feelings about this. I want it to be here but when we get back summer in Washington state will be over :(

Come to Texas. Our summer is over in November and returns, usually, the beginning of March! Dec-Jan-Feb we have fall, winter and spring. : (

Welcome, newcomers! Seems we have added a bunch of new cruisers! Check out page 1 for the different group activities and plans!

We just booked the Panama Canal cruise today and couldn't be more excited! I will be celebrating my birthday on the 21st (in Columbia!!), but more importantly we will be celebrating the 4th anniversary of my daughters Make-A-Wish trip. Her Wish was to cruise (for the first time) on the Disney Dream in 2010. She was so sad when we got off the boat that we promised her that we would take her on a Disney cruise every year. It's been 4 years and this is our 4th cruise! :thumbsup2 Our family: Brooke (me) Eric (husband) Ireland (daughter, 12 years old, diagnosed with Neuromyelitis Optica- a rare auto-immune disease)

Welcome to this fun cruise!

I just booked this cruise for myself, my husband and my mother. :boat: Very much looking forward to it. Irelandsmom, I will also be celebrating my birthday on the 21st. Having dinner in Palo, the same place I celebrated it last year, except I was on the Dream!

Welcome!!! I know that we will have a great time.

Hi everybody! My husband and I are contemplating this cruise for our tenth wedding anniversary but are nervous about pulling the trigger. Neither of us have cruised before, so we're a little anxious about 14 days... And wondering about what kind of stateroom to book, etc. we'd love any input!! Thanks!

Hello, Just wanted to stop by and Introduce ourselves. My wife Kristen and I (Nathan) are on this cruise. We are cruising in Cabin 6581, We are experienced Cruisers (including Multiple Disney Cruises) and cruising is one of favorite ways to vacation!! . We are joining my parents who are on this cruise as well. We look forward to cruising with you all, and are really looking forward to taking part in the FE activities!! Look forward to meeting all of you and enjoying this amazing cruise.

:welcome:
Greetings!!!

Dennis & Chrystina here. San Antonio, TX
Looking forward to joining you guys on EBPC Trip!

Health, happiness & God's Blessings to all.

Dennis

There is a pirate night ; and yes, we have costumes. Got them ready for MNSSHP last year. Actually, mine is a costume, hubby's is a t-shirt with Pirate Mickey on it. That's about as far as he'll take it!

Momma Beth and I have our pirate costumes all ready. Mine needs just a bit of altering. Can't wait.

Hi! I am a golden ager traveling with my adult daughter on this East Bound Panama repositioning cruise. We were on the Westbound inaugural on the Magic for Disneyland's 50th. We have a GTY cabin and probably will not know its # until the last minute and picked second seating. I do not use facebook and look to the disboards for info. Nancy & I are veteran cruisers. Joe & Nancy

For those of us that want to get the photo cd or just the prints it is now avialeble photo cd plus prints is $439,95 all prints is if i remember $339,95

I ordered the full cd plus prints

Thanks for the info. Momma Beth and I are going to split the cost of this and have as many photos as we possibly can taken.

We just booked the Panama Canal cruise today and couldn't be more excited! I will be celebrating my birthday on the 21st (in Columbia!!), but more importantly we will be celebrating the 4th anniversary of my daughters Make-A-Wish trip. Her Wish was to cruise (for the first time) on the Disney Dream in 2010. She was so sad when we got off the boat that we promised her that we would take her on a Disney cruise every year. It's been 4 years and this is our 4th cruise! :thumbsup2

Our family:
Brooke (me)
Eric (husband)

Irelandsmom, I will also be celebrating my birthday on the 21st. Having dinner in Palo, the same place I celebrated it last year, except I was on the Dream!

:welcome:This cruise is going to be amazing. When I sailed in 04 I met a lot of people pre-cruise but I don't think it reached anywhere near this number of peeps.

I'm totally jealous of all the golden folks who got to book excursions already and I'm very disappointed that DCL isn't offering the zip line excursion in PV but thanks for all the great info on other choices.

Is the FE list posted on here as well as on Facebook? We're in the finishing phase of FE prep and want to make sure that we have enough goodies to bring. :banana:

Hello,
We booked this cruise. We just got off the Panama Canal a week ago and it was great. We just have to go the other way. Cannot wait.

Hello,
We booked this cruise. We just got off the Panama Canal a week ago and it was great. We just have to go the other way. Cannot wait.

Oh wow! Were there any special panama canal cruise things that they did just for the WBPC?

Our family:
Brooke (me)
Eric (husband)

:welcome: Brooke, Eric and Ireland :welcome: How exciting to have your birthday on the cruise, and that this is the 4th special Disney cruise for Ireland!! I am looking forward to meeting you all :)

:welcome: :welcome: Sounds like there will be a lot of celebrations on board, very exciting party:

Hi everybody! My husband and I are contemplating this cruise for our tenth wedding anniversary but are nervous about pulling the trigger. Neither of us have cruised before, so we're a little anxious about 14 days... And wondering about what kind of stateroom to book, etc. we'd love any input!! Thanks!

Disney cruises are my favorite way to vacation :love: The first time I booked my husband and boys did not want to go so I only booked a four night. Well they loved it and asked why we didn't go for longer. :confused3 The boys liked it better than WDW, I can't say I like it better, but it is just a different kind of vacation. I love unpacking once and going to different places, the food is fabulous, the Disney shows are great, they bring wonderful entertainers on board...on and on..:thumbsup2 I love the days at sea and have always wanted to cruise longer than seven days, so I am very excited about 14 days and lots of sea days to sit in the sun, read, :beach:watch movies, play games in the Cove cafe (and drink yummy coffee) etc. there is always plenty to do or nothing to do if that is want you want.

If you have any specific questions I would be happy to try and answer them.

Oh wow! Were there any special panama canal cruise things that they did just for the WBPC?

There was alot that they did for the Panama Canal cruise. Pixar party and picture day, crew talent show, extra crew show, kids sleep over, princess tea party with all princesses, beach boys concert, Beatles concert, adult time in the oceaneers lab and club (we made flubber). Way more entertainment, hide and seek with the senior officers, crafts and trivia alot, and just a laid back fun time. Not too many kids so the pools were not filled also the kid spaces were lighter. Since there were a lot more adults the pirate buffet and desert buffet was jammed packed. Jimmy the cruise director was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter