Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

We saw you Stephanie and Dave!!! (At least we thought it was you guys.) We waved back......................did you see us................we saw you?!?? (We waved to somebody on the ship..............hope it was you!)
Anyway, have a GREAT cruise!!!

We did, David, we did! We shouted and shouted to you! Did you hear us? :lmao:

Hi all! My name is Ashley, I sailed on my first cruise for my honeymoon at the beginning of November and we quickly fell in love with it and booked this cruise on board! We have since booked another for April bc we simply cannot wait that long to go again!

:welcome: Ashley! Glad to have you join us!

Shopping NOT done, but then I only have Dave to shop for…the kids and grands are getting cruise stuff that's been ready for a while.

The cruise was great, the new gift for Castaway members is awesome, a beach bag that is rubber lined! Has rope handles and comes in the colors of your level, Silver, gold, platinum. I like it much better than the ones before, but miss the key chain. I love that little ships wheel!

We had an adventure getting home…due to the weather all across the country and despite the fact the weather where we were flying from and where we were flying to was not bad, our flight was canceled. :confused3 So we ran from one terminal to the other and got another flight going through Charlotte (never again, ok?) coming in Terminal A and leaving on our flight to DC in terminal…..E. :headache:
So, we knew our bags wouldn't make it, but I did expect them to be here by now….:furious:

That said….it was an amazing trip, Concierge is amazing (but really, I'm almost as pampered without being concierge…I will just miss that amazing coffee machine in the lounge :coffee: WE did get to peek at a one-bedroom….OMG, I could LIVE there quite happily. The bathroom is to die for!
So despite our troubles yesterday, we are quite pleased with our cruise and of course ready to go again…next month!

Hi all! My DH and I booked over Thanksgiving. We will be celebrating our Anniversary (eek 20 years) on this cruise. We have done 1 cruise (3 day) on Wonder and 2 cruises over Thanksgiving on the Fantasy. I have sent the pm to be added to fb. We are very excited. Will have to take some time to get caught up on all the goings on here!!

Hi all! My DH and I booked over Thanksgiving. We will be celebrating our Anniversary (eek 20 years) on this cruise. We have done 1 cruise (3 day) on Wonder and 2 cruises over Thanksgiving on the Fantasy. I have sent the pm to be added to fb. We are very excited. Will have to take some time to get caught up on all the goings on here!!

:welcome: :welcome: Tracy and DH….Glad to have you join us! We JUST got off the Fantasy yesterday. We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary! This cruise will be our 13th with DCL and our 2nd through the Panama Canal!
Look forward to getting to know you! :goodvibes

LOL - I was just reading about the folks who are hooked on cruising. My amazing wife took her first disney cruise in Nov of 2011. This cruise will be her 10th on DCL. Talk about 0 to 60!

Cayla

Hi. I am a newbie and a bit overwhelmed. 58 pages! Should I start reading from the back or the front? What do I need to know? Enlighten me if you dar. Thx

I guess I need 10 posts so I can join the fb group, so here's a quick intro. This cruise will be my 4th and dh 3rd. All have been disney, so we've been spoiled right off the bat. This will be first time with no kids. I'm a bit worried that my husband is going to change his mind and backout, so I had someone suggest disboards as a way to connect with others and find ways to keep him busy and active. Anyway, I have read through only 5 pages so far, so back to it.
Susanne

I guess I need 10 posts so I can join the fb group, so here's a quick intro. This cruise will be my 4th and dh 3rd. All have been disney, so we've been spoiled right off the bat. This will be first time with no kids. I'm a bit worried that my husband is going to change his mind and backout, so I had someone suggest disboards as a way to connect with others and find ways to keep him busy and active. Anyway, I have read through only 5 pages so far, so back to it.
Susanne

Not really! FB has nothing to do with this page. If you are willing to post your email address that is associated with your FB account here, I will add you to the FB page.

There are also post pages, a thread that is set up simply for posting upto the magic 10.

As far as the reading - I usually try to read from the first post. I also find it is easier to do it when NOT logged in - the posts read from top to bottom that way, logged in the newest are on top. I personally prefer non-threaded, because I am reading in the order posted. Threaded you jump around time wise, but keep the same thread all the way though. The choice is yours!

Welcome aboard!

Cayla

Not to be Johnny Raincloud or anything but if you are having doubts already then you should be forewarned that there will be 7 days at sea, not 5. I don't mean to split hairs but 2 MORE days at sea might frighten you even more. Personally I am looking forward to those sea days. I have been on a 3 night and a 7 night cruise and IMHO there was not enough time on either of those amazing cruises to do everything that I wanted to do. If you are afraid of being bored or are afraid that you will feel "trapped" onboard in the middle of the ocean then please read the trip report being posted about a WBPC. I am enthralled and can't wait to experience some of the same things. :cheer2: I am also looking forward to meeting and spending time with the others that are posting on this thread. I think it was David who said that this was going to be an incredible cruise and I couldn't agree more. It is so much fun to build relationships with people before you meet them in person. :grouphug: We did this on the 2004 Magic cruise that I was on, and to this day, one of my very best friends I met on that cruise. pixiedust: If you choose to join us I'm sure you will be able to fill all of the sea days with magical memories you will never forget.

This exactly my worry for my spouse. What is WBPC? (Remember...newbie). I know I will be okay and find lots to do and enjoy down time too. But if I can't convince him, 2 cruises are in jeopardy :(

This exactly my worry for my spouse. What is WBPC? (Remember...newbie). I know I will be okay and find lots to do and enjoy down time too. But if I can't convince him, 2 cruises are in jeopardy :(

WBPC= West Bound Panama Canal

Here's my take on "at sea" days:

I've been on a lot of Disney Cruises. I've loved everyone of them. But there's one thing that at the conclusion of every cruise that I regret. And it's not that I didn't do more with the port days. It's all of the stuff that I find that keeps me so busy during the at sea days. And the realization that I never found time for bundling up on the deck to watch a movie or sitting in the coffee shop with a good book or enjoying the lounge chairs on Deck 4 or even indulging in a little one on one time in the afternoon with the wife. Those opportunities slip away all too quickly and this cruise with a week of at-sea days will give me more than enough time to relax and smell the roses.

We did, David, we did! We shouted and shouted to you! Did you hear us? :lmao:

I thought that was ya'll with your mouths wide open!! Dang-it, didn't have the speakers turned on!!! By the time I realized it, the camera had moved!!!:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Hi. I am a newbie and a bit overwhelmed. 58 pages! Should I start reading from the back or the front? What do I need to know? Enlighten me if you dar. Thx

I too want to :welcome::welcome::welcome: tracysaluki & DH and also, :welcome::welcome::welcome: ot150 to the cruise. So glad ya'll are joining us. We are a fun bunch of crazies on here.................some are crazier then others and the names have been changed to protect the innocent.............and the guilty!!! But no body knows which is which!!! Again welcome aboard!!!:cool1::banana:

I've been on a lot of Disney Cruises. I've loved everyone of them. But there's one thing that at the conclusion of every cruise that I regret. And it's not that I didn't do more with the port days. It's all of the stuff that I find that keeps me so busy during the at sea days. And the realization that I never found time for bundling up on the deck to watch a movie or sitting in the coffee shop with a good book or enjoying the lounge chairs on Deck 4 or even indulging in a little one on one time in the afternoon with the wife. Those opportunities slip away all too quickly and this cruise with a week of at-sea days will give me more than enough time to relax and smell the roses.

Here, here Steve, you said it all perfectly my friend. Lllllooooooooovvvvvveeee those "at sea" days!!!! That is one thing DW and I want to do as well, relax in the lounge chairs on deck 4 and chill out!!! Crank up the ol' kindle and relax and enjoy. (Maybe catch one of the guys passing by with the drink of the day,:drinking1 you know the one with the umbrella in it................sit back and spill it all over the front of me!!! Good times............good times!!!)

How is everyone ready for christmas cant wait for september still need to find a hotel in San Diego

ABsolutely! never enough time!! :ssst: we've been known to not get off on port days

My 9 year old came bounding up the stairs this morning yelling "only 270 more days!!!!" Happy Monday all!

My 9 year old came bounding up the stairs this morning yelling "only 270 more days!!!!" Happy Monday all!

Nice.

Today I made 6 dozen Wookie Cookies and so far two dozen sugar cookies and rolled my ankle while going to the post office. Been an awesome day. Oh cruise related comment: we sat around figuring out how many hours of PTO we needed. That was fun. I have enough PTO right now.

Couldn't agree more. At sea days are the best, perfect day is start with Palo bunch,nap in the sun, see a movie, and do a tasting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter