Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

The only meet n greet Ive ever been to was on the Magic and it was in the Promonade lounge. I think the first at sea day would be a great idea.

We have never been to a meet and greet, but sounds like fun. First sea day sounds good .

From past Meet n Greets. I've found that the promenade lounge is a good choice for first meets. Deck spots always tend to be filled with many people and it's sometime difficult to determine who's who. Cadillac Lounge or Diversions are also good choices for get togethers while sailing.

There was one couple who was in wavebands every night at the same general area. And that became an informal get together every night of one of our cruise. It was very nice because if you were looking for something to do you always knew where Mike and Robin were.

Shall we do a meet on the first sea day (I think Sept 13th?) at Promenade Lounge at like 11ish? It opens at 12, but we get there before it opens.... the internet café looks to be open all day.

The only meet n greet Ive ever been to was on the Magic and it was in the Promonade lounge. I think the first at sea day would be a great idea.

I think having it on the first sea day is an EXCELLENT idea - one issue with the lounges other than the Promenade is the fact that sometimes you've got private things going on in there, so even if Promenade is holding a craft thing or whatever, we can get off on the side - brilliant idea! I love the idea of not having it on the day we embark - too many other things going on and that makes it feel rushed.......I also think 11 is a good time - not too early but before lunch.

Let me know what post you'd like me to link to or if you'd just like me to post the info on the first post when plans are final!

I've only ever been on the Fantasy (don't shoot me! I like 7 day+ cruises in the heat because I'm flying in from upstate/rainy WA), I don't know the older boats.

Don't worry, we won't shoot you, we want you to be in charge of the Meet and Greet! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great cruise!

Hello Everyone!!! WOW, miss a few days and you miss soooooooooooooooo much!!!

Sounds like we are official now Beverly!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Do you know if IrishCowboy closed out our old thread? I sent him a PM too explaining my situation.

I would like to :welcome::welcome::welcome: all of our new cruisers joining us on the BEST Cruise EVER!!! And to the BEST Cruise Thread EVER!!! So glad ya'll are sailing with us!!! This is going to be one GREAT Cruise!!!

A couple of nights ago, as DW and I were watching TV, DW started talking during the commercial break of the show we were watching. DW said on this cruise she wanted to go shopping in the ports for some souvenir earrings. She said she meant to do this earring shopping on our last cruise, but forgot all about it, with the excursions we went on. I said that sounds fine to me. Then as we sat there watching TV.........................I see this light bulb go on over her head...................I mean I actually saw a light bulb go on over her head...............literally.................a light bulb goes on............over her head...........I saw this light bulb go..............ok,ok,ok,ok, you get the picture. Anyway, DW turns to me and she said, "You know what we can do before the cruise, honey?" I said, "What?!??" She said, "We can go and get one of your ears pierced before the cruise. That way we BOTH can go earring shopping." Well, I got to tell you, we BOTH had a good laugh over that!!! (To any of you guys out there who do have one or both of your ears pierced, I think it is a good look - just not for me. Beside, when it comes to pain...........I'm a big baby!!!) After we stopped laughing so hard, I said, "That won't be happenin'. But, we both can still go shopping and I will buy one of those clip on earrings!!!!" What do ya'll think of that?!??!

Also, I forgot to mention to ya'll I'll be celebrating my 6...............aahhhhhhhhhh................5...................uummmmmmmmmmmmm................47th...............yeah that's it my 47th birthday on this cruise!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: (Aahhhhhhh...........it's good to be 47 again...........I mean it's good to be 47!!!)

The meet and greet sounds like a GREAT idea to me too. Count DW and I in!!!

From past Meet n Greets. I've found that the promenade lounge is a good choice for first meets. Deck spots always tend to be filled with many people and it's sometime difficult to determine who's who. Cadillac Lounge or Diversions are also good choices for get togethers while sailing.

There was one couple who was in wavebands every night at the same general area. And that became an informal get together every night of one of our cruise. It was very nice because if you were looking for something to do you always knew where Mike and Robin were.

Promenade Lounge is always where we had our meets on the Magic...never did one on the Wonder, our only cruise on the Wonder was our first one and I had noooooo idea about DIS or cruise meets or anything like that...seems years ago...oh wait, it was. Never mind! ;)

We can always be found in the Cadillac lounge before second seating for a drink or two!! :thumbsup2

Hello Everyone!!! WOW, miss a few days and you miss soooooooooooooooo much!!!

Do you know if IrishCowboy closed out our old thread? I sent him a PM too explaining my situation.

I would like to :welcome::welcome::welcome: all of our new cruisers joining us on the BEST Cruise EVER!!! And to the BEST Cruise Thread EVER!!! So glad ya'll are sailing with us!!! This id going to be one GREAT Cruise!!!

A couple of nights ago, as DW and I were watching TV, DW started talking during the commercial break of the show we were watching. DW said on this cruise she wanted to go shopping in the ports for some souvenir earrings. She said she meant to do this earring shopping on our last cruise, but forgot all about it, with the excursions we went on. I said that sounds fine to me. Then as we sat there watching TV.........................I see this light bulb go on over her head...................I mean I actually saw a light bulb go on over her head...............literally.................a light bulb goes on............over her head...........I saw this light bulb go..............ok,ok,ok,ok, you get the picture. Anyway, DW turns to me and she said, "You know what we can do before the cruise, honey?" I said, "What?!??" She said, "We can go and get one of your ears pierced before the cruise. That way we BOTH can go earring shopping." Well, I got to tell you, we BOTH had a good laugh over that!!! (To any of you guys out there who do have one or both of your ears pierced, I think it is a good look - just not for me. Beside, when it comes to pain...........I'm a big baby!!!) After we stopped laughing so hard, I said, "That won't be happenin'. But, we both can still go shopping and I will buy one of those clip on earrings!!!!" What do ya'll think of that?!??!

Also, I forgot to mention to ya'll I'll be celebrating my 6...............aahhhhhhhhhh................5...................uummmmmmmmmmmmm................47th...............yeah that's it my 47th birthday on this cruise!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: (Aahhhhhhh...........it's good to be 47 again...........I mean it's good to be 47!!!)

The meet and greet sounds like a GREAT idea to me too. Count DW and I in!!!

Glad to see you, David! Hope your son is doing well! We miss your humor!!

Promenade Lounge is always where we had our meets on the Magic...never did one on the Wonder, our only cruise on the Wonder was our first one and I had noooooo idea about DIS or cruise meets or anything like that...seems years ago...oh wait, it was. Never mind! ;)

We can always be found in the Cadillac lounge before second seating for a drink or two!! :thumbsup2

LMAO :lmao:I could have totally written this exact same post, except for the part about the Cadillac lounge before second seating, but Mother and I just might have to meet you there for a pre-dinner cocktail or two!!
:drinking1:drinking1

LMAO :lmao:I could have totally written this exact same post, except for the part about the Cadillac lounge before second seating, but Mother and I just might have to meet you there for a pre-dinner cocktail or two!!
:drinking1:drinking1

:rotfl: Well, it will be new to us in some ways, but on the Magic, we could be found in Sessions and on the Dream and Fantasy, it's Skyline! We like to sit by the portholes!

I actually meant the part about not even knowing about the Dis on our first cruise, which was the Wonder. We simply discovered DCL on the Travel Channel and planned our entire vacation around that. We added on Sea World after seeing a special about it and we added on Blizzard Beach after we saw it on the top water parks.

We definitely were more prepared for our cruise in 2004 on the Magic after finding the Disboards

After reading about the tequila and margarita tasting in a WBPC trip report I am definitely in...sign me up. :cool1:

I actually meant the part about not even knowing about the Dis on our first cruise, which was the Wonder. We simply discovered DCL on the Travel Channel and planned our entire vacation around that. We added on Sea World after seeing a special about it and we added on Blizzard Beach after we saw it on the top water parks.

We definitely were more prepared for our cruise in 2004 on the Magic after finding the Disboards

Our first DCL cruise was a land-sea cruise back when they had those...we had never been on a cruise before, so we didn't want our WHOLE vacation to suck :lmao:
Who knew? This one will be #13 for us....

I just updated the first post with a list of everyone who has signed up to participate in the Palo Group Brunch and also the FE list - hopefully this will let everyone know who/how many we've got participating.

I know Padalyn has told me they want to participate in both/all FE groups if/when the groups split (I do forsee that happening as there is still a lot of time before our cruise and we've already got quite a few participating)....

I have noted that on the list too, so if there is anyone else out there, let me know!

Hello everyone :wave2:

I am considering doing this cruise for my 20th Wedding Anniversary but am just concerned with being at sea for 5 days. I'm only ever done 7 night cruises. It's either this or WDW (where we were married) but I just think this would be more special.

I am considering doing this cruise for my 20th Wedding Anniversary but am just concerned with being at sea for 5 days. I'm only ever done 7 night cruises. It's either this or WDW (where we were married) but I just think this would be more special.

For us, it's all about the sea days - there is SO much to do, you can't possibly get bored - we did the EBTA and had so much fun, I can't wait until we can do it again in a couple of years............really looking forward to those relaxing days at sea!

Ummmm......not exactly - and didn't know why until I read his post here:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49163010&postcount=153

So, I have PM'd a couple of different people and hopefully it will be closed out soon - I did make a final post there about the fact that the thread had been moved, and as long as people read it for now, they should be able to find us even if they've subscribed to the previous thread!

We love the sea days too... we did the EBPC in 2008 and since then I have wanted to do it again. We were actually booked on the Southern out of San Juan when I 'happened to notice' there was another EBPC almost same time....we had sooooo much fun!!!! Can't wait until we are on board again!

We LOVE sea days! We enjoy the ports and touring, especially beach days, but the sea days, and really getting to do many of the activities on board, are what make the cruise for us! We've done 11,12,13 night cruises and are looking forward to this 14 night one and hopefully even longer ones in the future! Hope you'll join us!

:rotfl: Well, it will be new to us in some ways, but on the Magic, we could be found in Sessions and on the Dream and Fantasy, it's Skyline! We like to sit by the portholes!

I went to Skyline once and busted my ankle. I was like "ohhhhh Star Wars characters! Ohhhh dehydration! Booze! Bam!" Totally unrelated note, I plan not to drink a whole lot. :rotfl2:

Yeah I can be the meet person. Tall, loud, 33 year old female. Very easy to find. I tend to wear neon.

I hope you decide to join us lvstitch and family!!! This would make for a GREAT 20th Wedding anniversary. (Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, married 20 years............. wish I could remember back that far!!! ) Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..................I mean I remember it well!!! 20 year Wedding Anniversary, YES I remember that!!! Any ways, hope ya'll decide to join us. Like everyone else has said we too LOVE those sea days!!! :cool1::woohoo:

I went to Skyline once and busted my ankle. I was like "ohhhhh Star Wars characters! Ohhhh dehydration! Booze! Bam!" Totally unrelated note, I plan not to drink a whole lot. :rotfl2:

Yeah I can be the meet person. Tall, loud, 33 year old female. Very easy to find. I tend to wear neon.

kdeans1010 you have our vote for the Meet Person Setter Upper!!! (Does the neon flash off & on, off & on, off & on!!! I could find you for sure then!!!):lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Well, got to go and take care of DS. He is doing very well. At his age he heals much fast then his ol' man. He should be able to take care of himself very soon. I know he just gets frustrated with not being able to care for himself, and have someone wait on him hand and foot. (WHAT AM I SAYING!!!! He loves having someone wait on him hand and foot...............what's NOT to like about someone waiting on you hand and foot!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter