• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonderful Cast members

puzzles

Mouseketeer
I want acknowledge the Cast members who make our vacations so wonderful. I feel bad because I dont know any of their names. But this last trip was special because of them. I am sure that many of you have run into friendly, happy, helpful Cast Members. Lets toast them here!

I know it is their job to be friendly and helpful, but many are not. You always here about the grumpy ones, but I wanted to recognize the special ones. You know, the ones that go over and above and just really spread the magic. We ran into many Cast members who had to be exhausted, we were there during the holiday rush, and they were still so wonderful.

Some that stick out:
1. There was a young man working at this popcorn stand in MK. The line was so long. I think there must have been 30 people in line. He was cheerfully helping people, and even when people were complaining about the wait, he stayed positive and was just so UP. I told him how much I appreciated his positive attitude, and that made him smile.

2. There was a young female cast member in Fantasyland that was so sweet. We spent a lot of time in that area and every time we went by she was saying HI to people as they went by, and smiling and just radiating magic.

3. In Epcot, there was a girl who was doing custodial work who we kept running into. She was whistling and singing softly and almost dancing as she swept the ground. She looked so happy, that it really made us feel happier. In fact it made us feel like singing as we walked by.

4. My husband slipped on some wet cement near the castle one day. He was more embarrassed than hurt. There were tons of people around because the castle show was starting. He got himself up, but was shaken up a bit. There was no place to sit around there. A cast member who was in that area helped him find a seat. He went and got him a bottle of water & some popcorn (my husband didnt ask for anything), and kept coming back to check on him. It was very sweet. My husband was fine and wasnt acting like he was hurt or anything, this cast member just wanted to be sure.

These are just some examples of why Disney is such a magical place. Do you have anything to share?

Do you have anything to share?

When you encounter an especially helpful or talented Cast Member, remember (write down) her/his name from the name badge, and the time of your encounter.

Then, as you exit (or take a break) you need to visit Guest Relations (they are at all of the parks) and ask for a Cast Member Comment Card (that's not the exact name, the but the Guest Relations clerk will know what you mean.

Fill out the card with the name (from the name badge) of the CM, the location, the event/situation that you want to describe, and the time it occurred.

This card will go to the CM's supervisor and can help in a positive way the CM's ranking at raise time, etc.

I did this twice during our recent Jan. trip.

On the first day of our trip we made the mistake of taking a bus from our resort, POR, to my parent's resort All Star Music with our 3 young kids. My mom was not feeling well and we wanted to check on her. By the time we ate dinner and left it was going on 10:00pm and we were exhausted. We were waiting for the bus back to DTD when a bus for the MK pulled up. Since I was holding one sleeping kid, I told my wife to ask the bus driver if it would be any faster to take his bus and switch at the MK. He told us to, "Get on", so we did.

We were the only ones on the bus, obviously, and he did his best to engage us in conversation but we were so tired (and I had one of my famous migraines). After a while I realized we weren't heading for the Magic Kingdom. He pulled right up to POR! He told us he had called in and rerouted his bus for us. I couldn't believe it. It wasn't an official YOMD wish, but it was the best one anybody could have given us.

The thing I've always loved about Disney's philosophy (and I worked as a CM for several years) is that they encourage that kind of spontaneous "break the rules" customer service. Many CM's don't have the courage to do it, but those who do are truly special.

On our Honeymoon in 2007 there was a busdriver who just made our night. It was the end of the night, following Fantasmic, and there were a lot of tired people who just wanted to get back to their resorts. Well our driver had some untapped well of energy and managed to have everyone smiling by the time our ride was through, saying hi/good evening to everyone and singing Zip-a-dee-do-dah. We were all singing by the end of it, and we all had smiles on our faces. I don't remember his name now, but my husband made a point of taking his name and singing his praises to the desk manager once we got back to our resort.

I agree! We were there Jan 20-25 and the CMs at the resort (Poly) and the parks were fantastic! My 6 year old niece was very ill a few times one night and at 1am, 3am and 4am the mousekeepers came to help us out and took care of replacing the bed, cleaning the carpets, checking on my niece to make sure she was feeling better, even left her a get weel soon card!

One night at DTD my DH and the same niece split from me and the other niece and we found them 20 minutes later sitting on the floor playing with 2 CM's and they were having a blast...my niece hugged them both and said they were her new friends.

Really nice CMs that went out of their way to make the girls feel special!

We met a wonderful CM while waiting to get on the monorail from the MK to the TTC. We struck up a conversation with him and he asked if the kids had ever ridden in the front of the monorail. I knew that you could ask, but with a family of 7, I never wanted to exclude any of the kids. Our eldest three were wide awake and were absolutely thrilled! We had to wait through a few because they were training new pilots, but it didn't matter. The kids loved it. We saw him a few more times during our trip and always said hello. :)

We had a wonderful CM at Tusker House for breakfast one morning. She was a fabulous server and always came by to talk (she was from our neck of the woods). My dh made sure to talk to the manager on the way out and commend her.

On our honeymoon we made friends with so many great CMs! I posted about them in my TR. I also went to guest relations and told them how great some of them were.

First trip with DD5 and DD2. DD5 was afraid to ride everything--we go to a local amusement park in TN a dozen times or more a year and has never acted like that before--even riding roller coasters... I think she was a little overwhelmed with the "magic".

I was trying to convice her that the Peter Pan ride in MK was not scarry. She was she cranky and crying big crocodile tears-terrified of it. A wonderful CM came over and asked why she was so sad at MK. I explained that she was afraid to ride this ride. The CM got down to her level and explained EXACTLY what to expect and then asked her if she wanted to ride it. DD5, who had stopped crying at this point, said yes.

The CM said "You will be our Honorary Lost Girl for the Day" and did a little celebration and sang a little song to her and sprinkled pixie dust on her. She gave her a certificate of honor and we got to go through FP line!
From this point on she wasnt afraid of any rides--at all! :cheer2:

I wish I had her name--she def. made our trip more enjoyable!!

When you encounter an especially helpful or talented Cast Member, remember (write down) her/his name from the name badge, and the time of your encounter.

Then, as you exit (or take a break) you need to visit Guest Relations (they are at all of the parks) and ask for a Cast Member Comment Card (that's not the exact name, the but the Guest Relations clerk will know what you mean.

Fill out the card with the name (from the name badge) of the CM, the location, the event/situation that you want to describe, and the time it occurred.

This card will go to the CM's supervisor and can help in a positive way the CM's ranking at raise time, etc.

I did this twice during our recent Jan. trip.

I wish I would have thought of that! I also wish I would have written down the names of all the great CMS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter