• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonderful AAA agents and other questions

Alarose

Mouseketeer
Ok...I am really not sure if I am posting on the right board, but it seems like AAA questions are all over. I thought it would work here too, because I am on a budget!

We have AAA and I'm going to call and book a reservation. I know this has been explained millions of times, but is it best to book the room only reservation, or if you have a great AAA Agent, is it best to book the entire package? From what I can tell, there are no AAA discounts on the actual package...and you should be able to add discount codes as they come.

My other question...and looking for specifics here. I would really appreciate names of wonderful AAA agents! I'm sure there are plenty out there, but I've heard so many horror stories.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know how to find a "great" agent - I requested a quote online from my local office and got in touch with an agent that way. I'm going to book through them as it saves me close to $100 off Disney's price, but this is the first time I've used them.

My understanding (which may not be correct!) is that if you book a package, you cannot add codes/discounts that are room-only. For example, I cannot book a room only with my AAA discount then call later to add DDP and tickets - if I do, I will lose the AAA room discount. This is what 2 different WDW CMs told me. However, I believe if you book the package through AAA, you can get the discount on the room and still get the package (and thus the advantage of booking through AAA).

My advice would be to do your shopping around. Price out your trip on Disney's website as well as the individual components before you talk to AAA - that way you'll have a better idea about whether or not you're getting a good deal from them.

Dsny, I PM you back!

Ajh, thank you! But, if I understand this correctly. You can book a AAA price for room and packages, but AAA agents should be able to enter codes as they come out. I realize you can't get a room-only reservation and then try to get a meal plan on your own. Maybe I have this confused though???

just sent ya a pm...but that is correct the agent should be able to make any price adjustments as far as codes to a existing reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter