• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonderama with Bob McAlister

We loved it! I loved when they opened those cans. I always think of it when I open a can of Pringles.

I'm another member of the Sonny Fox Wonderama generation. Bob McAlister was after my time. :lmao: (I was 10 when BM took over.) I used to love when he'd ask some little girl if he could look through her purse and then pull out whatever she had in her bag. For some reason, that always got me :rotfl:

I also loved Soupy Sales and Sandy Becker.

The other show I loved when I was a kid was Shenanigans with Stubby Kaye. I'm singing the song in my head right now! Does anyone else remember that one?

I think I remember that other show - ZOOM!
"We're gonna zoom zoom zooma zoom!"

There was also a girly show that seems to have been broadcasted only in the NY area called Secret Garden. Love that show too.

OH my !!! What a trip down memory lane! Had not thought about that show in YEARS, thanks for the reminder! Made me feel young again!:)

See this thread is very old but wanted to add my son was on the show around 1976-1977. He won the balloon game and he still has the prize he won. How I wish I could get a copy of that show, back then there were no recording devices like vcr's..what a shame!!

I actually got to be on it when I was little. I got to sit on a balloon and pop it. I was probably only around 8, so I can only vaguely remember it.

Old post, I know, but -

My two sisters and I were on it a few times - I'd say around 1976. (My father worked for the NYC Channel 5 affiliate at the time - I think it was something like Metro-media 5, or Multi-Media 5.)

- Laura

I loved the game where the kids had to eat a bunch of crackers and the first one to whistle won a prize! Cracked me up every time. (Yes, I was easily entertained as a child).

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread! I absolutely remember that (think it was Saltine crackers?)and remember trying it and making a mess and coughing because of all the crackers in my mouth.

Old post, I know, but -

My two sisters and I were on it a few times - I'd say around 1976. (My father worked for the NYC Channel 5 affiliate at the time - I think it was something like Metro-media 5, or Multi-Media 5.)

- Laura

Do you know if there were any tapes released, I've seen bits of a show or two on u tube, it would be so cool to see. My son won the balloon game so he was on camera

I NEVER see this show mentioned!! LOL For years now I've wondered if I was the only person who remembered this show! I watched it every (what was it, Sunday morning????). :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

"Kids.......are people.....too....!" :rotfl:

So I posted the above almost 6 years ago. April 2008, before so much happened that changed so many aspects of my life and my mind. If I could go back in time and know then what I know now, I'd probably kill myself that day.

I can't tell you how it warms my heart to see the fond memories of this amazing show...well, allow me to give you all some updates. First, Sonny Fox is alive and well and celebrating his 91st birthday this August (2016). More importantly, Wonderama is COMING BACK!!!! Sons, Daughters, nieces, nephews and grandchildren will be able to enjoy the same terrific television that we did growing up instead of being forced to watch mindless cartoon and demeaning sitcoms. feel free to email me at tony@wonderamatv.com if you'd like to stay in the loop. THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter