Wonder won't be doing Mexico for several YEARS

bahacca

Mouseketeer
Was in line at Target buying a cute top with anchors all over it for the sail away party. As luck would have it, a person ahead of me is wearing a jacket with "WONDER" on the back of it in Walt font and it has Alaska, Hawaii, Mexico, etc on it. So I ask him "How many times have you sailed on the Wonder?" He laughs. "I'm a stage manager for the shows, so a lot." He's on break now, but will be the SM on my cruise in April:goodvibes I asked him if Disney planned to do Mexico or any other itineraries on the West Coast and he said "We may do a few before heading to Alaska, but Mexico is a definite no, probably for several years." I asked him if safety was the issue and he said "100% yes. We had to practically BEG people to board the ship to go there." A bummer for me since I live in CA. Thought others may want to know.
Oh-and I asked him if I should bring candy for the people who will do the character signatures and he said "They get SO much candy and stuff-they'd probably prefer you leave it at home." I was a bit surprised after what i'd read here, but... Maybe I'll give granola bars or something instead!

Was in line at Target buying a cute top with anchors all over it for the sail away party. As luck would have it, a person ahead of me is wearing a jacket with "WONDER" on the back of it in Walt font and it has Alaska, Hawaii, Mexico, etc on it. So I ask him "How many times have you sailed on the Wonder?" He laughs. "I'm a stage manager for the shows, so a lot." He's on break now, but will be the SM on my cruise in April:goodvibes I asked him if Disney planned to do Mexico or any other itineraries on the West Coast and he said "We may do a few before heading to Alaska, but Mexico is a definite no, probably for several years." I asked him if safety was the issue and he said "100% yes. We had to practically BEG people to board the ship to go there." A bummer for me since I live in CA. Thought others may want to know.
Oh-and I asked him if I should bring candy for the people who will do the character signatures and he said "They get SO much candy and stuff-they'd probably prefer you leave it at home." I was a bit surprised after what i'd read here, but... Maybe I'll give granola bars or something instead!

No offense meant here, but, I wonder how much input the stage manager has in planning DCL itineraries?

:cutie:

Thanks for the info....yeah, with all the specials available, one could guess that these weren't popular cruises.

Candy for Character Signatures? Sorry..what is that?

Candy for Character Signatures? Sorry..what is that?
Each room is allowed to drop off items to be signed at Guest Services. It has been suggested here to include candy or goodies for the CMs since they cannot accept money for these services. I'm now thinking perhaps granola bars will be what I include.

We put in fruit snacks and candy. Leftover candy from FE gifts. I think the bars would go over well too.

. . . I wonder how much input the stage manager has in planning DCL itineraries?
He probably doesn't have much input in planning itineraries, but as a manager onboard the Wonder, is likely privy to insider information.

Woody

He probably doesn't have much input in planning itineraries, but as a manager onboard the Wonder, is likely privy to insider information.

Woody

You're probably right...also, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out those cruises weren't selling and DCL is not going to stay in a market that doesn't sell well.

You're probably right...also, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out those cruises weren't selling and DCL is not going to stay in a market that doesn't sell well.
Like Galveston.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter