• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder Trip Report Feb. 6-10 Day 3

cypress_star

Mouseketeer
We, DH and I, awake around 6:30 and immediately order room service (our usual coffee for 2 and chocolate chip cookies) and like usual we get it in around 10 minutes. We proceed to our verandah and watch us sail into Castaway Cay. It is absolutely beautiful! The sun is out, we even have to put our sunglasses on at 7:15am.

Two of my triplets booked the Wild Side Excursion for teens only, so they had to be at the Aolft by 8:20, so I got them moving and tried waking the other 2 to get breakfast, because I knew from the last time we sailed if you didn't disembark when they let you off, you weren't going to get good beach chairs. Well DH, MIL, SIL, Uncle and friend decided I was trying to be toooo OCD so we didn't get off the ship until around 10 (MIL, SIL, Uncle and friend didn't come with us) so chairs were scarce and I had also told them it will be hard to find each other if we don't go together. Anyway....DH, DD15, DD10 and I headed for the beach, the weather was awesome! DD15 and DD10 wanted to immediately get their hairbraided so I sent DH with them, I was going to get some sun! They came back with beautiful bradis $2/row.

I had booked the banana boat ride with DD15 for 11:15 so we basked in the sun until 11 and headed over there. It was so much fun, I did bring goggles as was suggested on this board and I'm so glad I did, the water sprayed us in the face. Definately an excursion the whole family can enjoy!

We meet back for lunch at Cookies BBQ, DD15 and DS15 also met us there and we had ribs, salad, burgers, hot dogs etc. Pretty good, not exceptional but good.

DH, MIL, DD10, and MIL friend were booked on the Kayak Excursion for 12:45 and I was booked for a Cabana Massage at 1:00 so we ate and headed over to Serenity Bay. The triplets stayed behind because they were booked to go parasailing at 2:00. The Massage was out of this world, I HIGHLY recommend this :Pinkbounc , my only complaint is where they are located along the bike trail and every few mintues people were riding by talking etc., very distracting. But the massage was excellent, would do it again in a heartbeat!

After the massage I headed back to see if I could watch the triplets parasail, luckily they hadn't left yet so I got them off and settled down to write postcards and mail them, before heading back to the ship to rest.

I got back to the ship and ordered the cheese tray from room service, opened a bottle of wine and sat on the deck for a while just enjoying the view, it was an awesome day!

The triplets came back from parasailing and said it was fun, but it was better when they went in Destin, they indicated they probably wouldn't do it again if they had their choice :confused3

We started showering and getting ready for the evening when DH and others finally returned. They said they wished they would have just rented kayaks and paddled around, the excursion was mostly walking and talking, not worth it. Oh well, live and learn

Tonight was the Golden Mickeys show, I wasn't sure what to expect but let me just say....Don't Miss it!!!!! I think it was the best show overall, but I know others will say Disney Dreams rates right up there. We loved it.

Dinner tonight was at Parrot Cay, it was very good, but I think that is in part because we had excellent wait staff.

Nothing to crazy tonight, I think it was 60's night at Wavebands, but we were just too exhausted to go beyond dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter