• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder Trip Report Feb 6-10 Day 2

cypress_star

Mouseketeer
Ok, we all got thru the night of rough seas, kids seem ok this morning. I woke around 6:45 and ordered room service, coffee and cookies :flower: . They were very prompt got our coffee within 10 minutes. We had cabin 6132, which has a verandah, so we proceeded to step outside to drink our coffee and watch us roll into Nassau. It was a beautiful day!!!!! Somewhat windy, but hey what do you expect on a cruise It's always windy by the water. DH and I decided to go up on Deck to watch us cruise right in, it was spectacular! I had scheduled DH and I to do the Suriel Bath at 9:30 this morning. I was quite nervous about doing this mud bath thing, but let me just say one thing...do it!!!!! It ended up being one of the best things DH and I did together. I won't go into any details, just use your imagination :love: . I'll give you the picture...steam room, mud, oils, lotions, water, 2 people who have a room all to themselves for 50 minutes!

We strolled back to our room around 11ish and got ready to do a walking tour (I came up with this myself) to Nassau.

We got off the ship walked the pier and BAM :scared: !!! you are hit with an excessive amount of people following you asking if you need a taxi, hair braided, etc. It was TOO MUCH!!!!! We finally made it to Bay Street (don't know how) and thought I would do the walking tour. It was total confusion with as many people as we had. So we ended up going over to the Straw Market and then because I needed a drink stop at Senor Frogs and got a margarita! We did enjoy the straw market. If you are going to do anything go there, women are making baskets, men are carving things out of wood. The only thing I want to say is you are overwhelmed by the designer purses, I almost got one. Thank goodness, one of the ladies slipped up as I asked her how could you possibly sell an orginal Louis Vutton for $50, her reply was it looks just as original as the real one don't you think. Anyway the girls and I did buy the straw purses and DS bought a carving of an eagle. I did haggle with them to lower prices and was pleased with the buys. I was told that there was a good restaurant called Conch Fritters, we made our way to it and had lunch, it was very good, but very very expensive. But heck we're on vacation! :cool1:

We all went back to the ship and just kinda did our own things, the kids went to the movies, I sat on our verandah with DH and had a drink and eventually started getting ready for dinner. DH, MIL, friend, Uncle and SIL decided they wanted to take a cab to Atlantis, I opted out and stayed onboard with the kids. The kids and I went to the Magic Show featuring Mike Super. It was great, we had a wonderful time and met up with the rest of the family for dinner.

Tonight was Pirate's Night so the themed changed to suggest that. We were served menus on scrolls and got headbands. It was great fun, missed most of the show at 10pm because we lingered in dinner too long. But made it out for the last 30 minutes or so. They had a nice buffet, but we didn't eat any because we had just finished dinner. We didn't have fireworks :sad1: but it was fun anyway.

By now I was exhasuted so we headed back to the room. The DD15, DS15 and DD15 went to the teen club and hung out til 2am. They said it was great fun.

All in all it was a wonderful day!

great trip report- please keep it coming- am i reading your report right- do you have 15 year old triplets? Wow!!

Yep that's right I have 15 yr old triplets!

I hope my trip reports are somewhat informative. They're long but I can't seem to shorten them up any. I'm gonna post a link for pics tomorrow.

Hey, long, detailed trip reports are wonderful. My dh wonders how I know so much about our upcoming trip. It's terrific reports like yours that make my planning easier. It even makes the waiting a little more bearable. Can't wait to see Day 3 . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter