Wonder November 27, 2015

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by cruisecrasher, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Howdy!

I'm so pleased that the Wonder cruises back into our great state to begin galavanting from Galveston in late 2015.

Anyone else joining us on this voyage?

7 Night Bahamian Itinerary C
    Friday 27-Nov-2015 GALVESTON 3:30 PM
    Saturday 28-Nov-2015 AT SEA
    Sunday 29-Nov-2015 KEY WEST 11:30 AM 4:45 PM
    Monday 30-Nov-2015 NASSAU 7:00 AM 5:45 PM
    Tuesday 01-Dec-2015 CASTAWAY CAY 9:15 AM 4:45 PM
    Wednesday 02-Dec-2015 AT SEA
    Thursday 03-Dec-2015 AT SEA
    Friday 04-Dec-2015 GALVESTON 8:30 AM

This will be our seventh DCL cruise and our kiddos fifth and I hope it will be our big family vacation! (We're still ironing out the details with the in-laws)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wynntx

wynntx Earning My Ears

We'll be there with our two kids, 6 and 15 (at sailing) and my parents. We may also have some other family members sailing too. :cool1:

4. cruisecrasher

Chris will be 9 and Kylee will be 6 (almost 7).
    We're also travelling with their cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. You might get to know them on the facebook group, but they don't DIS.
    I'm just glad we got all the kinks ironed out and everyone is on board, so to speak.

5. Ponderosa Mickey

Ponderosa Mickey Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!

We are SO thrilled the Wonder is back home in Texas! We are sailing with our two boys (will be age 8 & 5 at time of sailing) and will have our soon to be adopted daughter from China with us for her first Disney Cruise!

My parents and aunt/uncle will be sailing with us too. They got the Roy O Disney Suite!! (Lucky!!)

Can we pack our bags now?:tinker::donald:

6. cruisecrasher

We were in the Walt for the last cruise out of Galveston, it is beautiful but I'd be happy if they let me sleep on deck so long as I'm on the ship! Congratulations on your adoption!

7. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

:beach: I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
    Have a great Cruise!

8. cruisecrasher

Thank you!

9. PIGLETSMOMMA

PIGLETSMOMMA DIS Veteran

We are onboard with you guys. My husband, DD will be 12 and me. This will be the 2nd part of a B2B for us, first being 11/20. It will be our 20th and
    21st DCL cruises. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

10. cruisecrasher

Welcome aboard!
    20? Awesome!
    :teacher:
    Any tips for those of us still ins the single digits?

11. PIGLETSMOMMA

PIGLETSMOMMA DIS Veteran

Best tip! Save ALL of your money so you can give it to DCL! :rotfl2:
    Seriously, if you have any questions, I am glad to help. Tip, book early! I hear a lot of people say they are going to wait to book on board. Don't wait. Do it now and then book one on board too. Then you get to choose the better deal. You can even change back to the original SR # on the new cruise after cancelling it. You have nothing to lose that way. Never miss a Palo Brunch. They are awesome! I did not discover it until my 11th cruise. I skip the Palo dinner and do the brunch. YUMMY!:flower3:

12. cruisecrasher

We love the brunch! (Better than Palo dinner, IMO!)
    I didn't reshop until a while ago, but I agree early booking then reshopping is the way to go. I've gotten so used to early booking that them releasing the dates later each year makes me nervous!

13. PIGLETSMOMMA

PIGLETSMOMMA DIS Veteran

While these two B2Bs will be our 20th and 21st, before these happen we have an Alaska and the Iceland/Norway/Denmark/Scotland cruise! Lots of places to see!
    :yay:

14. Cindy34

Cindy34 Earning My Ears

So excited Disney is coming back to Galveston! Just moved my OBB and can't wait to join all the fun. I did the Hallowonder Cruise of 2013 and meet so many amazing friends. Joined the Facebook page too. Hopefully we'll be able to get some fun activities like mixologies or happy hours planned.

Traveling with my teenager and DH.

15. soccermom1422

soccermom1422 Earning My Ears

We are booked on this cruise and thrilled that DCL is coming back to Galveston! Our first and only other cruise was on the Magic in Sept. 2012, also from Galveston. I will be traveling with my DH and our 4 boys who will be 17, 15, 12, and 5 at cruise time.:cool1:

16. krausee

krausee Earning My Ears

We are first time Disney cruisers. We are excited to be leaving from Galveston, TX on Nov 27th. My husband and I will be traveling with our 9 year old son and our 5 year old boy/girl twins. Any advice would be appreciated.

17. cruisecrasher

Welcome krausee!
    After checking the FAQs, I'd pick these:

Books- I recommend the Passporter Guide to the Disney Cruise for first time cruisers, although if you want this cruises port specific information, you'll have to wait for the next edition, much of the boarding, stateroom, dining, passport information is relevant. All the books generally cover the season they were initially published during, so they all tend to be "behind" a bit.

Podcasts- DISUnplugged-find their podcasts on cruising Be aware again, any service or facility reviews reflect that time (cast rotation and routine refurbs often fix/change both) I also love lots of other podcasts.

Trip Reports- Find on the Trip Report thread or people's blogs.

18. 2boogersmom

2boogersmom Earning My Ears

We're coming, too!!!!

This will be our 2nd DCL cruise. 1st was Oct., 2012, also out of Galveston. It will hubby, me, daughter, newly 13 , and son, not quite 11 (ages at time of travel).

We will be celebrating my 50th birthday (about 6 months late, but whatever) and 15th anniversary (a week and a half late, but this cruise stays in port at both Key West AND Castaway Cay longer, so we chose this one!).

Not sure I can wait another 550.5 days, but at least the kids know this time. We surprised them with the last one. That was tough (but soooo much fun!).

19. soccermom1422

soccermom1422 Earning My Ears

I would second the recommendation about the Passporter and waiting for the next edition. And about reading others' trip reports. Here is my trip report from our other cruise out of Galveston. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2978578&page=3 We did a group trip report, so there are several reports from the same cruise on that thread.

There is lots of valuable info on this board!

20. Danawiz

Danawiz Earning My Ears

We are too! Kids will be 9 daughter and 7 twin boys! Have fun!!!

21. cruisecrasher

I've got several DCL trip reports from Galveston, but this one is most recent and also on the Wonder:
    http://magicalfamilyadventures.blogspot.com/search/label/Royal Treatment

The others are from when the Magic home ported here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.