Wonder new staterooms!

She mentioned that the suites weren't going to be touched until dry dock, but I don't know if she meant all suites or just the royals.

She mentioned that the suites weren't going to be touched until dry dock, but I don't know if she meant all suites or just the royals.
Bummer! We are in a 1 BR on the March 1 sailing :(.
My parents will be in a verandah stateroom on deck 7, so we'll see if theirs has updates!

My parents will be in a verandah stateroom on deck 7, so we'll see if theirs has updates!

Well, I hope they are doing the suites in time for your cruise. It might just be the Royals that aren't being done, because there's so much to do.

Guest service called and bumped us out of our rooms we had 6 rooms 6644,6646,6648,6650,6652 and 6654 told these rooms are having carpet and beds replaced 50 at a time. Gave us rooms on deck 6 port side mid ship and not all together. Asked to be on starboard side and side by side they told us that is all they could do and we could still cancel if we wanted to, i asked about on-board credits, told not a chance, when ask about switching room assignments told to do it at port of miami, brent at guest services was no help at all. Asked to speak to his supervisor was told that she does not speak to customers. Not at all like disney cruise was in the past.
Hi! We are on this cruise as well. I just called Disney because I was worried maybe I had missed a call (I never check our answering machine), and so far we are still in our chosen rooms on deck 8 and deck 2. Wondering if that could change as our sail date approaches though. Funny thing is that when I just now called DCL, they CM I spoke to had no idea the rooms were even getting refurbs. She said this was the first she had heard of it. Sorry your rooms got changed but sure am looking forward to this cruise!:cool1:

Susan

Off topic, I like your user name Susan. We too are DisneyPoor. It's about the only extravagance I am willing to spend money on. Ah well. Kiddos are only young once. :)

My guess is that it is all suites, the reason is two fold. First it is harder or impossible to shift already booked guests around to equivalent suites since there are a very limited number of suites on the ship (nor do they want to upset these passengers with a move).

Secondly, the profit on a suite is much higher than the standard room, so it is most cost effective to wait until the dry dock.

Off topic, I like your user name Susan. We too are DisneyPoor. It's about the only extravagance I am willing to spend money on. Ah well. Kiddos are only young once. :)

Thank you! I got that nickname from my husband. Lol! He always says we are Disneypoor. You're right--the kids are only little once. Mine are now almost 20 and 17. I don't regret a penny of money spent on our Disney vacations. :)

Susan

hi! We are on this cruise as well. I just called disney because i was worried maybe i had missed a call (i never check our answering machine), and so far we are still in our chosen rooms on deck 8 and deck 2. Wondering if that could change as our sail date approaches though. Funny thing is that when i just now called dcl, they cm i spoke to had no idea the rooms were even getting refurbs. She said this was the first she had heard of it. Sorry your rooms got changed but sure am looking forward to this cruise!:cool1:

Susan

the cm don't know all that much about the maintenance on the wonder. It's guest services that you have to talk to and again i was told that 50 rooms at a time were being closed for maintenance. March 15 deck 6 aft will be closed.

We are on the same cruise as you and live down in Mystic. Hopefully a lot of rooms will be done by then!

the cm don't know all that much about the maintenance on the wonder. It's guest services that you have to talk to and again i was told that 50 rooms at a time were being closed for maintenance. March 15 deck 6 aft will be closed.

I'm in a 9B (all that was left :worried:) I believe they are all on deck 2 so I'm guessing they will be nowhere near done with that cat. Thanks for letting me know who to call!

So I can call DCL and ask to speak with guest services?

What about the refrigerators?!?! In Sept/Oct we did 2 b2b sailings on the Wonder. The first room (deck 5 inside) had a fridge. The second room (deck 2 inside) had the cool box thing. I hope this means all rooms will have the true refrigerators now. Did the Magic swap them all out when the rooms were redone?

I'm interested in this as well, anyone have definitive knowledge on this?

I was just on Disney Wonder 7574 and the hall was blocked off 2 doors down (starboard side) heading to the Aft elevator. They were remodeling those rooms.

I'm in 7120 for a B2B starting 2/6. Hope I don't get moved. Would hate to have to change rooms between cruises and more improtantly, I want my "secret" verandah!

I'm worried about our March cruise. We sail on March 15th we are on deck 2 with connecting rooms. I don't want to lose the connect doors because we have 5 kids and I would like for us to all be together.

Hopefully we will start getting updates from people who are getting off recent cruises. It will be nice to let us know where they were redoing rooms and what rooms were next. :thumbsup2

Just got back home from the Wonder last week....I noticed that there were a lot of things going on for her improvement:

1. Deck 5 (near Buena Visa Theater) - wall/ceiling painting. We smelled paint fume during daytime. By night, it was gone.

2. Deck 10 (from Wide Sport section to Outlook Cafe floor - outdoor) - new paint on floor, wall, and railings.

3. The ship's body (black section) were given new fresh black paint coating.

4. Old bed spreads were replaced with the new one.

That's about all I saw so far.

We sailed on the Wonder Jan 9-14 and I saw a full rack of new beds with mattresses still wrapped in plastic being loaded onto the ship

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter