Wonder new staterooms!

I am bummed over this as I am one who needs my own bed. I tend to kick and slap those who share my bed so it is for their benefit. That is IF I get to sleep instead of staying awake worrying over it. I was ok in the sofa bed before but if it is going to be more uncomfortable this development has just turned a very expensive PC cruise into a nightmare!

I don't have any news yet. BF is working on staterooms but he did get connected since Sail away party a few days ago.
For those who are worried about the sofa bed, he didnt say any word about new sofa beds. Just carpets, master beds and curtains. I promess that I will ask him about sofas and steamer truncks next time!!!

I would guess if they are going to replace carpet and beds then they are going to replace sofas. The good news is that if the sofas are that bad on the magic they probably have had a lot of complaints so they will more than likely improve the quality of the new ones on wonder.

I would guess if they are going to replace carpet and beds then they are going to replace sofas. The good news is that if the sofas are that bad on the magic they probably have had a lot of complaints so they will more than likely improve the quality of the new ones on wonder.

I hope so, but my mom slept fine on it. Others with kids that I talked to said they (the kids) slept fine. I doubt many kids would complain and if they did the parents would just think they are tired from all the activities and staying up late.

I know adults sleeping on the sofa bed are low in numbers. But I sure hope the sofa beds are more comfortable than the one I had on the Magic. I have slept on quite a few different beds over the years but have never encountered such an awful mattress. Oh and I forgot to put that down on my questionnaire at the end of the cruise, I was too busy letting them know about another big problem we had on one of our excursions.

I'm not a good sleeper and would hate to keep anyone else up with my tossing and turning. Wish I could just lay down to sleep and then stay asleep all night, but it's just not happening at this time of my life! I was fine with it in my younger days but not now!

Sometimes I kick/punch in my sleep (when flipping over my sleeping body just goes for it) and depending on how my nose is doing (I have allergies to dust, pet dander and various pollens) I might snore some. So yeah... I don't want to subject someone who isn't my husband to my nighttime fun even though most nights neither thing is an issue. :cool2:

Thanks for this news and please keep us posted! I am sorry about the split beds being a problem for some, but I am so happy that some renovations are happening on the Wonder. We're on the first hawaii cruise! If anyone gets a newly renovated room in the upcoming weeks, please take pictures! Here's hoping for real hairdryers (OK, maybe not yet...)! Now if they could just add a satellite Falls... :-)

Assuming ours was new, then it was the same half-moon shape, and I think the fabric was just slightly different.

Regarding the new chair/stool at the dressing area, I compared pictures and know ours was new and noticed a useful difference in the new ones that they have a strap on the back that acts as a handle to pull it out. Minor detail, but an improvement over the old ones without the strap/handle!

Ok my dear cruisers,
My best friend who is working now on new Wonder staterooms confirmed me a few minutes ago that they identical to Magic ones.

I don't consider that good news. No more Disney ships with twin beds. hope it isn't true because was kind of banking on having twin beds on the Hawaii cruise.

I don't consider that good news. No more Disney ships with twin beds. hope it isn't true because was kind of banking on having twin beds on the Hawaii cruise.

I'm right along with you. I'm travelling with my mom and I always let her have the bed and I take the sofa bed. While that didn't work on the WBTA since the Magic got refurbished the sofa bed was not at all comfortable for me. 3 nights of trying to make it work and my mom said she would try the sofa bed.

Plans were to book an Alaska cruise so that my dad could come (he won't fly). But now if they switch out the sofa beds to the same ones as the Magic I won't be able to book that cruise to Alaska.

just a heads up, the magic will still have to do a dry dock because that is mandated by maritime law. They just won't have to take as long and they can focus on other things on the ship like the new restaraunt and adult areas as well as cleaning and repainting the hull and cleaning or replacing the prop.

just a heads up, the magic will still have to do a dry dock because that is mandated by maritime law. They just won't have to take as long and they can focus on other things on the ship like the new restaraunt and adult areas as well as cleaning and repainting the hull and cleaning or replacing the prop.

We're talking about the Wonder here. And, yes she will have to have a dry dock. But she just won't be getting the BIG, MAJOR changes that the Magic had done to her all at the same time. It seems they are doing some of the easier changes during her cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter