• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder new staterooms!

We are starboard aft deck 5. Chose that location because we liked the equivalent location on Dream. Easy walk to the kids clubs, convenient elevator up to the pool and drink stations. Really don't have any interest in changing, but would consider it for a "refreshed" cabin..

Am I the only one who has no issues sharing a bed with a platonic friend? Really? Just because you are in the same bed doesn't mean anything has to/ will happen.

My main problem is, I'm a light sleeper and would have trouble relaxing with another person in the bed. Not used to it. And I tend to sprawl in the bed. I have shared a bed for one or two nights, but for a whole PC Repo? I don't think so.

I am excited about the changes on the Wonder! I did call DCL today to put in my MDR rotations request in. I did inquire if they had any info on the upgraded staterooms on the Wonder and she stated "No, we don't have access to that information". :(

My cruise is end of Feb and I'll be on deck 7. I'll report back on any changes I see! :cheer2:

My main problem is, I'm a light sleeper and would have trouble relaxing with another person in the bed. Not used to it. And I tend to sprawl in the bed. I have shared a bed for one or two nights, but for a whole PC Repo? I don't think so.

I think I would ask for 2 extra blankets. 1 I would roll up and put it the length of the bed to give more of that feel of 2 separate beds and the other blanket so you don't have to share blankets. You could even ask for an extra sheet.

Am I the only one who has no issues sharing a bed with a platonic friend? Really? Just because you are in the same bed doesn't mean anything has to/ will happen.

It has nothing to do with what could happen.
I haven't had a roommate since freshman year of college, so sharing a hotel room or cabin is already outside of my default comfort zone. I can deal with it for a few weeks of vacation, however. Not having my own bed, however, just doesn't make for a relaxing vacation; I need something of my own space.

I'll miss the split beds and it will pose a challenge for my Mom and I when we cruise next November, but I'm not surprised as I figured it was coming.

I cruised the Wonder Dec. 21-30 and on the first cruise saw coffee tables and the chairs/stools that go under the dresser in the dressing area in the dumpster at the Miami port, and saw twin beds there on the second. So, it seems to me that they are already doing some cabin refurbishment. I'm pretty sure that the chair/stool in our cabin was new.

I shared an 00T with a friend last September. We just plopped into the big bed. No need to shuffle the room or pull out additional beds. We both slept platonically fine. No cuddling necessary. LOL!

You aren't the only one! ;)

I cruised the Wonder Dec. 21-30 and on the first cruise saw coffee tables and the chairs/stools that go under the dresser in the dressing area in the dumpster at the Miami port, and saw twin beds there on the second. So, it seems to me that they are already doing some cabin refurbishment. I'm pretty sure that the chair/stool in our cabin was new.

Just curious was the chair/stool different from the older ones? We liked the fact on the Wonder they are smaller and don't seem to get in the way as much. It felt like they were almost half moon shaped and pushed up against the window nicely. We never use the chair but the smaller one wasn't as bad and was cool.
:goodvibes
Heather

Hubby just scared me a little when I told him about the room refurbs on the Wonder. I *hope* they don't do away with the steamer trunks! I can't remember for the life of me if the Magic did away with them during her stateroom overhaul.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Hubby just scared me a little when I told him about the room refurbs on the Wonder. I *hope* they don't do away with the steamer trunks! I can't remember for the life of me if the Magic did away with them during her stateroom overhaul.

I believe the steamer trunks did disappear with the re-imagining. They now have the storage box that's a coffee table.

Guest service called and bumped us out of our rooms we had 6 rooms 6644,6646,6648,6650,6652 and 6654 told these rooms are having carpet and beds replaced 50 at a time. Gave us rooms on deck 6 port side mid ship and not all together. Asked to be on starboard side and side by side they told us that is all they could do and we could still cancel if we wanted to, i asked about on-board credits, told not a chance, when ask about switching room assignments told to do it at port of miami, brent at guest services was no help at all. Asked to speak to his supervisor was told that she does not speak to customers. Not at all like disney cruise was in the past.

Guest service called and bumped us out of our rooms we had 6 rooms 6644,6646,6648,6650,6652 and 6654 told these rooms are having carpet and beds replaced 50 at a time. Gave us rooms on deck 6 port side mid ship and not all together. Asked to be on starboard side and side by side they told us that is all they could do and we could still cancel if we wanted to, i asked about on-board credits, told not a chance, when ask about switching room assignments told to do it at port of miami, brent at guest services was no help at all. Asked to speak to his supervisor was told that she does not speak to customers. Not at all like disney cruise was in the past.

Did they just call? We are on the cruise just before you in rooms on deck 6. We are in the 6500 block.

So maybe we are safe then. I just wish I knew if our rooms will be the new ones or not.

Well that answered my question above and I'm sorry this happened - yikes. :hug:

Heather

I believe the steamer trunks did disappear with the re-imagining. They now have the storage box that's a coffee table.

I meant to add this to my note above oh well :)

They did remove the older style trunks, however our cabin had a newer style cabinet there in the same spot which worked as the same thing. It fit in the wall (you all know what I mean) and had drawers and a place on top to store things just like before. It was awesome!

Someone will probably beat me to posting a picture but I do have one if you get desperate, lol.

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter