Wonder new staterooms!

CC Disney fan

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! I just wanted to share with you these good news!
I have a very close friend who's an Imageneer. He called me tonight and told me that tomorrow he'll be at the Wonder to start staterooms renovations. Rooms will be just like Magic and they will be working on 40-50 staterooms per week!
So, dry dock could be delayed bcs of the new PC locks but the Wonder will have new staterooms soon!
We're planning for 2016 WBPC so I'm really happy!!! Suitcases under my bed!!! Yes!!!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to share with you these good news!
I have a very close friend who's an Imageneer. He called me tonight and told me that tomorrow he'll be at the Wonder to start staterooms renovations. Rooms will be just like Magic and they will be working on 40-50 staterooms per week!
So, dry dock could be delayed bcs of the new PC locks but the Wonder will have new staterooms soon!
We're planning for 2016 WBPC so I'm really happy!!! Suitcases under my bed!!! Yes!!!

Sad news for those people who prefer the splittable queen bed. But good news for those who feel that there's more space under the bed (we've never had a problem putting our bags under the bed).

Ugh! Cruising while listening to saws and drills and hammers all day does not sound like my idea of a relaxing 14 days at sea in May. This news makes me seriously want to reconsider our trip. We have insurance, so we can bump it.

Ugh! Cruising while listening to saws and drills and hammers all day does not sound like my idea of a relaxing 14 days at sea in May. This news makes me seriously want to reconsider our trip. We have insurance, so we can bump it.

In reality, I'm not sure there's going to be that much actual construction going on. They're going to replace the bed (switch the twins to an actual queen with a higher frame. Maybe replace the carpet while they're at it.

That's just my take on it. I have no actual knowledge as to what they're going to do.

You wont even know they are there. When they do something like this, they will put up a partition in the hallway, and leave at least a room buffer. Plus what they are doing will not involve heavy or electrical tools. If it does, it will be in a spot where it will be the least intrusive to the guests.

How long will a project like this take? We cruise June 22...would love to be in a redone room. I hope this is true!

If they do every single stateroom on the ship, it would take about 17 weeks or so, figuring an average of 50 staterooms per week at best with 875 total staterooms.

I hope our deck 8 rooms are done for the WBPC!

I'm on the same cruise, and I would think Disney would want to be done by then. Having workers on board for two weeks, or flying them back from the ports would be really expensive, and you'd want everything done by the time you'd start the Alaskan cruises.

That's awesome! I cruise first week of March, would love that pixie dust to hit up my room!

We are on the June 8th Alaskan. Looking forward to seeing the refurbed rooms.

I do feel bad for those that need the split bed though.

I wouldn't worry about it too much :) Not to be a debbie downer, but on our recent Wonder cruise last month, they were working two decks above us on the railing where the lifeboats were (or something close to that) and we were on deck 2 and heard the drilling/sanding/etc. quite often. They are constantly working on something to keep the ships in top shape and sometimes repairs happen. It made a few naps not happen but it is what it is :)

We love the newer beds and this was the first time one of our bigger (28in) suitcases wouldn't fit under the bed but we knew that from Alaska.

It was reported several weeks ago they were taking blocks of cabins out of commission to do this so I wonder how they know which cabins and have those people been notified yet and if not, when will they be? I haven't read anyone posting they were impacted yet. Would DCL just choose the 50 empty cabins and keep them that way and work all over the ship if needed? That's my concern for folks - hope it doesn't impact people already booked.

Heather

Woo Hoo! So happy about this I was on in November and I really wasn't happy with the condition of the ship especially the staterooms. While the current beds are comfortable I do miss the under bed space. Sounds like they will be finished when i am back onboard in July.

The staterooms really need a refurb on the Wonder. It was the only part of the ship which looked tired last week. Our carpet was awful and rubbed against the door.

I don't have a problem with the splittable beds or one bed but it's sad for those who need to use them as split beds and have booked on the Wonder for that reason.

I always took advantage of the split beds sailing with grandsons and don't understand why Disney is eliminating them. Were there complaints about sleeping in them as a queen?:confused3

Yay! We cruise early March, but I really hope our deck 6 rooms are done by then :)

My guess it stemmed from the complaints regarding the lack of space underneath. Probably more people were looking for storage space than split beds

The staterooms really need a refurb on the Wonder. It was the only part of the ship which looked tired last week. Our carpet was awful and rubbed against the door.

I don't have a problem with the splittable beds or one bed but it's sad for those who need to use them as split beds and have booked on the Wonder for that reason.

Did you notice stains on the carpets throughout the entire ship? I thought it was awful and everywhere when I was on it in November. Hoping they addressed it in some way

All I know is they are gonna change carpets curtains and beds. My DF told me that they will not make a terrible noise or dust.
I promess to post every news I have from him. Even pics!

This makes me so happy! We are considering booking the Wonder next year but the beds were stopping me. Problem solved!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter