Wonder May 17, 2015 3 Night Mexican Riviera

Case1096

Earning My Ears
We are booked on the 3 night sailing, Cat 7A Secret Veranda! Along with myself will be my DW and my DD who will be 4 at the time of sailing. Since we are traveling from NJ we are hopefully going to loop in Disneyland with this trip.

We just booked this sailing too! This will be our 5th sailing: Mexican Riveria on the Wonder in 2012, Alaska on the Wonder in 2013, Bahamas October 2014 on the Dream, and Bahamas December 2014 on the Wonder.

My husband and I have two girls both will be 9 on this trip. We live in Arizona and LOVE cruises with no airfare! ;)

We just booked this sailing too! This will be our 5th sailing: Mexican Riveria on the Wonder in 2012, Alaska on the Wonder in 2013, Bahamas October 2014 on the Dream, and Bahamas December 2014 on the Wonder.

My husband and I have two girls both will be 9 on this trip. We live in Arizona and LOVE cruises with no airfare! ;)

This one should be interesting as it will be the longest flight we've taken with our DD. We've done Florida plenty of times as well as Denver. I think she'll be OK since she'll have a TV and her iPad to keep her busy. Hoping we can find reasonable air into San Diego, but already planning on flying into LA and driving down the same day. Long travel day!

DH and I are booked as well, although actually going through the canal, doing the 2 day as well as the 5 day repositioning right after this one. I guess I must be testing myself to see if I can get tired of being on one of their ships - it has not happened yet I must say.

DH and I are booked as well, although actually going through the canal, doing the 2 day as well as the 5 day repositioning right after this one. I guess I must be testing myself to see if I can get tired of being on one of their ships - it has not happened yet I must say.

wow! That trip sounds Amazing!! :worship:

Ahoy, sailors!
Just transferred our OBB to this sailing. We are Eva (35 at sailing) Von (31 at sailing) and our two sons, Elliot (4 at sailing) and Ian (1 at sailing). This will be our third Disney Cruise, Elliot's 2nd, and Ian's 1st! We are from Mesa, Arizona and can't say no to a driving distance Disney cruise. :drive: Our previous cruises have been on the Fantasy, but I was an entertainer on the Disney Magic back in 2006, so I know what we have to look forward to with the Wonder. We're also thinking about doing a day or two at Disney Land first. It would be a first for my boys. Cant wait to get to know all of you!
:banana:

Hello. My DH and I just booked. It will be our third cruise on the Wonder, as we have done a repositioning (Vancouver to LA) 2011, Ca Coast (Pixar) in 2012 and now this one. I am a Disney Nut, my DH not so much. We live in San Diego, so no travel at all for us. We also have our second trip to Disney World planned this year.

Welcome aboard! I am really hoping that they sell the tar out of these two little dinker cruises so that they are encouraged to do more closed loop west coast cruises in the future!

Welcome aboard! I am really hoping that they sell the tar out of these two little dinker cruises so that they are encouraged to do more closed loop west coast cruises in the future!

I think the sailing will fill pretty quickly as they did for the 2014 2 nighter to nowhere. The trouble is Disney sees how poorly almost every other cruise line does in Southern California. Not sure why nobody can make it as profitable as Florida. At one point a few years ago RCCL was selling 7 night balcony cruises for $500/person in a balcony plus giving people $100/cabin OBC's!

While we're still on the first page here, let's make a roll call list for this sailing! PM me your info and I will update the page as we go. I'll try to keep track of the posts, but PMs will make it easier. List ages as of sail date, please! (Grown-ups optional! ;) )

EvaSue-
Eva (35), Von (31), DS Elliot (4), DS Ian (1). Silver Castaway, Ian's 1st cruise

Case1096-
Scott (37), Mindy (37), Norah (4) - 4 Disney Cruises on 4 Ships from NJ - sailing in a 7A Secret Veranda

glindamood-
DW Gail (60), DH David (60) deck 6 Platinum Castaway. Taking their 21st cruise!

Camonkeygirl
DW Heather, DH John. Third Wonder cruise, cabin 2618

pepe3penelope-
DW Amy, DH Eric, DD Megan (7.5), DS Nathan (3.5). Cabin 6610

rlrose313-
DH, DW, DD7, DD7, 7507/7505

adnil530-
DW Linda, DH Mike, DD Michelle (19), DD Laura (14), Deck 6, 9th Wonder cruise!

DisneyLove58-
DW Victoria, DH Patrick, Silver Castaway

franandaj-
DP Alison, DP Fran, deck 6, third time on the Wonder

traveln4fun-
Monica, DS Lydia, DD Sophia (26), DS Aaron (25)

caladbolg-
Wilma, DS Nicholas (14), DS Robert (13), DD Emily (11), taking 3rd and 4th cruise with this b2b

nsiordia-
DW Nubia (32), DH Pancho (33), DD Anais (10), DS Sebastian (8). cabin 2136, 2nd time on Wonder

ethanash1-
DW Cyndi, DH Ricky, DD Daniela (19), DDBF Martin (19), DS Ethan (11), DS Ashton (10), Gold Castaway, 6th cruise

Hello, everyone! We booked both the 2 night and 3 night San Diego cruises yesterday! So excited beyond belief that we can do this on the west coast and not worry about airfare! :yay:

Family consists of DW, DH, DD (7), DS (3.5) We booked the same cabin on both cruises: category 5C Cabin 6610 (aft starboard).

This will be our 3rd cruise on Disney Cruise Line. First was on Wonder on the Pixar Pacific Coast cruise 10/2012. Second was Fantasy Western Caribbean 06/2013.

We booked the same cabin on both cruises: category 5C cabin 6610. Would love to be able to meet everyone. Thank you so much for arranging this, EvaSue! Understand the 2 nighter is too short to meet everyone, but would be glad to meet during the 3 nighter! :cool1:

Hello, everyone! We booked both the 2 night and 3 night San Diego cruises yesterday! So excited beyond belief that we can do this on the west coast and not worry about airfare! :yay:

Family consists of DW, DH, DD (7), DS (3.5) We booked the same cabin on both cruises: category 5C Cabin 6610 (aft starboard).

This will be our 3rd cruise on Disney Cruise Line. First was on Wonder on the Pixar Pacific Coast cruise 10/2012. Second was Fantasy Western Caribbean 06/2013.

We booked the same cabin on both cruises: category 5C cabin 6610. Would love to be able to meet everyone. Thank you so much for arranging this, EvaSue! Understand the 2 nighter is too short to meet everyone, but would be glad to meet during the 3 nighter! :cool1:

Welcome, be sure to say hello to my parents as they you forward next door neighbor! They make great babysitters, but I think we'll keep them pretty busy for 3 days!

I agree, I think a meet is totally doable on a three nighter! I'm also up for an FE, if there are enough people interested, and I'd be happy to organize, unless someone else is chomping at the bit to do it. ;)

I agree, I think a meet is totally doable on a three nighter! I'm also up for an FE, if there are enough people interested, and I'd be happy to organize, unless someone else is chomping at the bit to do it. ;)

I would love for us to do an FE. I would love to also help, EXCEPT I've only participated in one but never organized one.

My only suggestion is that because the cruise is so short and it would be difficult to cover several cabins...maybe keep the group sizes fairly manageable (limit to ten cabins). I've read about how some FE groups do several subcategories like a cabin gift, candy exchanges, separate gifts for individual persons, etc. That seems overwhelming.

What does everyone think?

Welcome, be sure to say hello to my parents as they you forward next door neighbor! They make great babysitters, but I think we'll keep them pretty busy for 3 days!

Hee, hee, hee! What a coincidence! Will definitely say hello! After I booked the cabin, I had some panic/regret because I realized that the cabin is directly above where the Buena Vista Theater screen is. Got worried about movie noise. So far I haven't read any reviews that complained about it.

Hee, hee, hee! What a coincidence! Will definitely say hello! After I booked the cabin, I had some panic/regret because I realized that the cabin is directly above where the Buena Vista Theater screen is. Got worried about movie noise. So far I haven't read any reviews that complained about it.

I've seen random reviews of movie theater noise, but not consistent. Maybe it depends on the actual movie playing.

I think we can keep the FE simple and manageable. Why don't I just start a spreadsheet with interested parties? I'll just need names, cabin numbers, ages, genders, and any special considerations (such as "no alcohol, peanut allergy, etc). As we get closer to sailing and have a better idea about numbers, we can reevaluate for potentially grouping. :thumbsup2

I can't seem to send a pm from my iPad easily, but it will be my DH John and I (Heather) sailing for our third time on the Wonder in room 2618. We live in San Diego, so no travel costs involved for us. I would like to do the FE, but the last two times the groups were huge, and we ended up with an extra suitcase full of just FE stuff to give away. If anyone has any questions about San Diego and what there is do do, please feel free to ask. I love talking about my hometown

I can't seem to send a pm from my iPad easily, but it will be my DH John and I (Heather) sailing for our third time on the Wonder in room 2618. We live in San Diego, so no travel costs involved for us. I would like to do the FE, but the last two times the groups were huge, and we ended up with an extra suitcase full of just FE stuff to give away. If anyone has any questions about San Diego and what there is do do, please feel free to ask. I love talking about my hometown

Hi! I just started 2 new threads about parking at the port and Ensenada because I couldn't find information. Since you're a San Diego local, I would love to pick your brain!:hyper:

1) We live in the LA area. We will drive down, park, and leave our car at the port. I thought I read somewhere that there are multiple lots. Which one is the most convenient? Is it walkable or would we have to take a shuttle? We're also doing the 2 night cruise beforehand & I notoriously overpack (although I will try my best not to go bonkers this time!) and we have our 3 1/2 year old DS and 7 1/2 year old DD.
2) Have you been to the Ensenada port? We went in October 2012 and just stayed on the boat to enjoy the ship. My husband wants to stay on the boat again. If I feel like I need to step on land again, I just wanted to know if it's walkable, safe for the kids, and if the souvenirs are worth it.

Thank you so much!!! :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter