Wonder March 19th report

mrsmo5@earthlink.net

Earning My Ears
Our long awaited trip finally arrived. We had a great time and loved every minute of it. The weather was perfect. When we left the ship this morning it was overcast and apparently was going to rain all day and get cold. Felt kinda bad for the new group boarding.
My 6 year old had a blast in the kids area. Had to drag her out to join us for dinner and shows and trips to the pool etc. We checked her in at Castaway Cay and I had to go back 3 times before she would leave with me.
Did not see my 15 year old till this morning. We were not even certain he was still on board(just kidding).(The funny part of the trip was that I signed him in at the loft for an excursion with the teens. My husband was snorkeling later in the day and was swimming above one the sunken boats and he saw something that caught his eye. He decided to swim all the way down and see what it was. It was room key that he thought had been down there for a few years. When he got back to the surface, he looked at the name of the card and it was our sons!!! How weird was that! Apparently Sean had snorkeled earlier in the day!) He was the one that wasn't quite sure he would have any fun. He came in every am around 2:00. He met lots of new friends and had a blast. My 14 year old also had a great time.
Things I would highly recommend.
The shows
bringing your own digital camera. (it was great having all the professional pixs up at shutters and be able to compare them on my camera. My pixs were just as good. I saved a ton of money but still ended up spending close to $200 on just photos but if I did not have all the pixs of the characters it would have been at least $500.
The over the door shoe thingy. What a great space saver!
Pirate Night. What a blast.
Sail away party is also a must!
Bring your own photo mats and leave at guest services to sign. I also bought a Mickey Mouse punch(at my local Scrapbook Store) and puched out a bunch of Mickey heads on acid free paper and asked to have all the characters sign a head. This way when I scrapbook I can match the signature to the pix...I thought this was much better than having an autograph book hanging around somewhere..better to keep all together.
Things we would not do again:
Palo...yes the food was good but not excellent. I really missed our great waiters down below.
The straw market at the Bahamas...talk about being pestered!

All in all we had the vacation of a lifetime.....I would highly reccommend the DIsney Cruise to any family with kids of any age. Our kids are 6, 14 and 15 and it is very rare to make all of them happy on a vacation and I must say that they all were quite entertained! Worth every penny! Did we book again? No(not to say we will not in the furture)because this trip was absolutely perfect and I did not want to be dissapointed if we went again and the weather etc was not the same! To all of you that have not gone but are going in the future....You are going to have the time of your lives.
Oh and being the nosey person that I am, I asked one of the waiters at the beach after my 2nd Conch Cooler(excellent, must have at least one) how much they make a month....$50.00 a month! That is why it is important to tip! The whole staff was excellent and deserved at least what is recommended!
Email me if anyone has any questions!

Thanks for the report! It sounds great! I am glad to hear your teens enjoyed it. My DDs are 12 this year, but I am wondering what they will think of the cruise when they are teens (if we go then).

We are sailing on the Wonder this coming Sunday! I can't wait! It goes by so fast.

BTW, I don't suppose you remember if they offered a 10% off for booking another 3 or 4 night (or was that only for the 7 night?). I know you didn't rebook, but just wondered if you remembered reading what they were offering.

Thanks!

DJ

;) Thanks for your Great report !!! We leave in less than 2 weeks and you make us excited!!!

We were on the March 19-23 Wonder cruise too. It was everything I hoped for and more. This was our first cruise. We chose to do Disney for our 40th anniversary and were made to feel really special by our servers. We went to Palo on the first night since it was actually our anniversary that day. They knew it was our anniversary and made it a wonderful experience for us. We loved the food there and thought it was worth the extra $10. We signed up that night for the champagne brunch on Wednesday morning and it was really good as well. I think you pay for the atmosphere at Palo more than the food. We mainly stayed in the adult only areas of the ship and found them to be quieter and never crowded like the family areas were. When we wanted to enjoy seeing kids and characters, we walked down to the family pool areas or went to a show. It was the best of both worlds.

Our favorite was Castaway Cay at the adult beach Serenity Bay. Hardly anyone was on the beach in the morning, maybe a dozen or so adults. If you don't want barbeque at Cookies, the food hut at the adult beach served blackened mahi-mahi that was really good for lunch.

We did the historical city tour in Nassau. Our driver was super friendly and funny. It's an interesting tour. Ended up at the straw market and my husband didn't like it because of the constant asking if you wanted to buy. I just said no thank you and kept going if I wasn't interested. I thought it was fun to barter the prices down--and they will keep going down if you persist.

Don't miss the Pirates in the Carribean deck party--it's lots of fun for all ages.

The fresh fruit and chicken ceasar wraps at Scoops are the best! We had that for lunch sitting out on deck. We didn't bother with formal dining for breakfast or lunch. Beach Blanket Buffet worked fine for us for breakfast.

Order the cheese platter from room service if you like cheeses. It has really delicious cheeses on it along with crackers and grapes. A great snack for evening or late afternoon while you get ready for dinner.

We didn't book again onboard but haven't ruled out another cruise on Disney.

"Bring your own photo mats and leave at guest services to sign. "

WOW what a great idea. I like the idea of the pillow case but my son is 15 and too old for that but the photo mat is a great idea.
What size and color did you use?
Thanks

I just got 2 of each size to fit 4x6 photos and 8x11 in white and had them sign in a black sharpie! Have fun...PS My 15 year old son had a blast in the teen area. He told me after we got back that he thought it "might" be fun but he had more fun than he ever thought!

mrsmo5@earthlink.net said:
I just got 2 of each size to fit 4x6 photos and 8x11 in white and had them sign in a black sharpie! Have fun...PS My 15 year old son had a blast in the teen area. He told me after we got back that he thought it "might" be fun but he had more fun than he ever thought!

Thanks for the reply. I figure I won't see my son for 3 days! (okay he has to eat dinner with us but thats all I'm asking)
Off to the craft store for photo mats.
Thanks again

We sail in June and this just made me even more excited. My dks will be 9 and 12!!
:Pinkbounc

I really enjoy reading these posts. I am going march 14, 2007 on the wonder for the four night cruise and I cant wait. my family and friends think I am crazy for me to be so obsessed when I have so long to go. I was wondering my daughter is 12 now and will be 13 in June. She likes to still do kid things as well as teenager things. Will she have the choice to do some of the lab things and still do the teenager stuff. Or will she feel out of place. Thanks for the posts. Keep posting they are so much fun to read and learn.

Who were your servers? Did you like them? thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter