Wonder January 4 2016 Galveston to Puerto Rico

"GTY" means that they assign your stateroom number at a later date. I've heard anything from 45 days out to right before sailing. For non-GTY rooms, you can pick your stateroom in advance, but it costs more, obviously.

If you have never cruised with DCL before, you can book cruise activities 75 days prior to sailing (and after final payment). Once you complete one DCL cruise, you are a "Silver Castaway Club" member and can book 90 days out. There's also Gold Castaway Club (5 completed cruises) and Platinum Castaway Club (10 completed cruises), which have even longer booking windows.

Getting on and off the ship is usually pretty efficient. As far as return times, they are very strict.* We try not to cut it too close if we're on our own. If you are on an excursion booked through DCL that runs late, you are in better shape...they will generally hold the ship, I'm told.

*On our last cruise, our Cruise Director put it like this: "If you decide to return after the all-aboard time, be sure to bring your camera...so you can take a picture of the beautiful Disney Fantasy leaving without you!" :eek:

LOL! That's funny!

OK, so that explains why we can't book anything until Oct. 21st, since it's our first cruise.

If this cruise is half as fun as I think it's going to be, I can see us working our way to that Platinum status. :-D

Kim

LOL! That's funny!

OK, so that explains why we can't book anything until Oct. 21st, since it's our first cruise.

If this cruise is half as fun as I think it's going to be, I can see us working our way to that Platinum status. :-D

Kim

Our first cruise was in May '09 and I thought it would be a long long time before I reached Platinum. This will be our 10th cruise (my husband requested this one) so that our Panama Canal cruise in May '16 we will be Platinum.

hi everyone... im so excited for this cruise .. first time with Disney cruise line.... its going to be me , my daughter (8 years old) and my mother....Girls Trip!!!! we are also staying at san juan one day and got a private tour that same day we get off the cruise...there is is room for more people if anyone wants to join...the people we booked from is WWW.customtourspr.com.. i also what to learn about this FE thing.... not sure what it is but i think my baby will like it. can someone tell me where i can find info and sign up
Hey we are staying an extra two days. My husband and 10 year old daughter. What is your private tour? We may be interested!!!

How many people are staying in Puerto Rico after getting off the boat? We are staying three nights. If you are staying, what plans have you made there, if any?
We are staying until Tuesday! I think a meet up or a rum tour in Puerto Rico would be fun with a group of peeps!

We are staying a couple of days too. We are at the San Juan Marriott. I think a meet up would be fun! We should organize something!

We are staying a couple of days too. We are at the San Juan Marriott. I think a meet up would be fun! We should organize something!

We are staying a couple of days at a The Milano in Old San Juan. We stayed there last October and it is really neat. It is an old warehouse type building turned into a hotel and it has a rooftop restaurant. We will be showing our daughter some of the things we did last year.

So, despite this being our 5th disney cruise, we're currently in GTY for the first time. We downgraded the cabin to be PIF on time & we're advised to upgrade back to an ocean-view afterwards. My son just got out of the hospital after nearly a month stay which began the day after our cross-country move from California. We decided to keep this trip despite it because it was a difficult time & we needed something he loves to get us back to good. He loves going to Edge even since he was a year younger than you're supposed to be when he & I took the transatlantic westbound in 2013. My question is can we still be included in the FE group? Please. It makes such a difference. We love buying our gifts & finding the perfect things. I can upgrade to a stateroom number right now, but it will change before we sail when we upgrade to an outside. What should we do?

So, despite this being our 5th disney cruise, we're currently in GTY for the first time. We downgraded the cabin to be PIF on time & we're advised to upgrade back to an ocean-view afterwards. My son just got out of the hospital after nearly a month stay which began the day after our cross-country move from California. We decided to keep this trip despite it because it was a difficult time & we needed something he loves to get us back to good. He loves going to Edge even since he was a year younger than you're supposed to be when he & I took the transatlantic westbound in 2013. My question is can we still be included in the FE group? Please. It makes such a difference. We love buying our gifts & finding the perfect things. I can upgrade to a stateroom number right now, but it will change before we sail when we upgrade to an outside. What should we do?

We are GTY too. I signed up for the FE... Kathy - did you get my PM? Do we have to have our stateroom already, to join the FE?

How old is your son? My kids are daughter - 17 (turning 17 next week!) and my son just turned 18 last month.

Kim

We are GTY too. I signed up for the FE... Kathy - did you get my PM? Do we have to have our stateroom already, to join the FE?

How old is your son? My kids are daughter - 17 (turning 17 next week!) and my son just turned 18 last month.

Kim
Todd is 14, but he's a year advanced in school, so all his friends are older. In fact, I'm thinking he may go to Vibe on this trip. Actually, I just looked it up & Vibe is 14-17, so he will be going to Vibe. On our past three cruises, 2012 Pacific Coast cruise, 2013 westbound transatlantic & 2014 Western Caribbean, Todd made friends he still has & communicates with. In fact, he's way more successful than me meeting people. I've passed him in the halls with his friends from Edge & heard his friends say, "Isn't that your mom?"

Kim
I'm totally willing to pay the extra $58 to get a stateroom now, so we can join the FE group & begin working on our gifts. But, what happens when we upgrade back to an outside stateroom (sitting in that big window on the second deck beside the water is one of my favorite things in the world, I've actually seen whale spouts & on our last cruise, we came alongside a boat of Cuban immigrants for a couple hours & rendered aid from the ship until the Coast Guard arrived) & our stateroom number changes? If it means we can't join the FE group, we'll stay in an inside. Or we can upgrade now to join. I was just hoping for another week or two to recover from the hit on Oct. 6 to our financial empire of being PIF. The solid four figure empire dipped to two figures. But, it'll recover & it's worth it for Disney.

You do not have to have your stateroom number to join the FE. Even if you upgrade at port, I will have a copy of the list at my cabin and will have the new numbers available if any happen. So don't worry about stateroom issues.

gkwylie, I did get the pm.

You do not have to have your stateroom number to join the FE. Even if you upgrade at port, I will have a copy of the list at my cabin and will have the new numbers available if any happen. So don't worry about stateroom issues.

gkwylie, I did get the pm.
Thank you, twokats! Will you let me know if there's anything else I need to do in order for us to be added? And when we might be able to know the ages & genders of the kids & their families in our group? Is there any special info some people have given like favorite characters or where folks are from? Also, with the new alcohol policy, wine & beer are a premium since they're limiting what we can bring on. Does anyone see a concern if we give a local IPA to moms & dads that might like it?

Thank you, twokats! Will you let me know if there's anything else I need to do in order for us to be added? And when we might be able to know the ages & genders of the kids & their families in our group? Is there any special info some people have given like favorite characters or where folks are from? Also, with the new alcohol policy, wine & beer are a premium since they're limiting what we can bring on. Does anyone see a concern if we give a local IPA to moms & dads that might like it?

If you want to list a favorite character we have a spot for that, also, for where you are from and if you have any special celebration or allergies.
We have started a new list so when we get a fair amount of people on it I will let you know about them, plus when it is full you will get another copy.

If you want to list a favorite character we have a spot for that, also, for where you are from and if you have any special celebration or allergies.
We have started a new list so when we get a fair amount of people on it I will let you know about them, plus when it is full you will get another copy.

good morning Twokats, i was just checking if you got my pm with my email information so i can get the list. thank you
Hey we are staying an extra two days. My husband and 10 year old daughter. What is your private tour? We may be interested!!!

great .. this is the website WWW.customtourspr@com.. if you want more info send me your email and i can tell you more information. we can fit up to 8 people. my Daughter is 8 years old and its just me and my mother.

Its interesting how many folks are not fromTexas. When we went out of Galveston last time it was almost all Texans in our FE groups.

These lists were set up at 12 cabins per group. The guy that originally set it up chose that number and when he had me take over, it was already set up.
When will the lists be available to see? Trying to get to my 10 messages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter