• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder January 4 2016 Galveston to Puerto Rico

For the FE if anyone else is interested, pm me or send me an email and we will make sure to get the FE updated and keep all informed.

We are at the one year mark. I know it will probably fly by.
We just signed up for this cruise. It will be our first! My 10 year old daughter and my husband will be onboard. We are really wanting to do the whole FE thing but not sure how!! :)

B
SO first, thank you for the responses. I talked with some other folks and given what you said here we are booking tomorrow for this cruise. I mean we don't know what we aren't getting if we haven't been on the Dream. We can always do it if we decide in the future to do another cruise.

Yes, I would like to be added to the FE list. I have a year to figure out what to do so seems like I can get it done. But as always, we will probably wait until the last minute.

I saw on some other boards a kids thread for those on the cruise. I'm interested in doing that for my daughter (I will probably have to do most of the typing for her since she is only 8), but she is an only child and a little scared of the kids club and being by herself. So would really like to find some kids about her age that she "knows" before boarding. I haven't seen many families with young ones on this thread yet, but let me know.

Thanks again to those that answered by questions. Seems weird to book a vacation so far in advance but glad to get to know ya'll during this time.

Barbara
Barbara
My daughter will be 10 when she goes on the cruise. And she really wants to do the Kid Club too. Maybe we can help each other out!! This will be our first cruise and we are super excited!

We just signed up for this cruise. It will be our first! My 10 year old daughter and my husband will be onboard. We are really wanting to do the whole FE thing but not sure how!! :)

There are several threads that give you detailed information on the FE. Basically it is similar to a secret Santa (does not have to be secret)
You purchase or make a fish extender to hang outside your door, join a group (there will be 12 cabins in each group), then start making and/or buying your gifts for the exchange. That is a basic explanation, as I said there is a lot more info on various threads.

Just give me your names, cabin number (if you have it or when you get it) and I will put you on the list.

:welcome: we are glad you will be joining us and look forward to talking to you in the months to come.

There are several threads that give you detailed information on the FE. Basically it is similar to a secret Santa (does not have to be secret)
You purchase or make a fish extender to hang outside your door, join a group (there will be 12 cabins in each group), then start making and/or buying your gifts for the exchange. That is a basic explanation, as I said there is a lot more info on various threads.

Just give me your names, cabin number (if you have it or when you get it) and I will put you on the list.

:welcome: we are glad you will be joining us and look forward to talking to you in the months to come.

Thanks Kathy!
My name is Dawn, my husband is Steve and our 10 year girl is Haley. We are the Harts from Colorado! Our room is: 8558
Already counting down the days!!

Thanks Kathy!
My name is Dawn, my husband is Steve and our 10 year girl is Haley. We are the Harts from Colorado! Our room is: 8558
Already counting down the days!!

Dawn, I have you on the FE list. It is now full at 12 cabins. I have it in an Excel spreadsheet. I will send you a copy soon.

We will now be starting a second group of 12 for those interested in joining a FE group. We will not close until November or there abouts.

Hi all!
This will be our first Disney cruise - me, my hubby, our twin 4yo girls, grandma, papa and our niece. I'm also interested in joining an FE group, and also can't figure out how to PM twokats. Any tips on the PM would be appreciated.

Hi all!
This will be our first Disney cruise - me, my hubby, our twin 4yo girls, grandma, papa and our niece. I'm also interested in joining an FE group, and also can't figure out how to PM twokats. Any tips on the PM would be appreciated.

:welcome: You will not be able to PM me until you have 10 posts. All I need to add you to our FE list is names, cabin # to start with and I can get the rest of the info later. But as I said, ask questions, and just talk to us and when you reach the magic number of 10 then you can PM away!!

Thanks Twokats. I'll keep on posting.
Craig, Dana, Isabella and Sophia in 2122
Nick, Cindy and Jordan in 2124 (adjoining rooms)

Thanks Twokats. I'll keep on posting.
Craig, Dana, Isabella and Sophia in 2122
Nick, Cindy and Jordan in 2124 (adjoining rooms)

Just double checking. Are you joining as one for the FE or will both rooms be joining separately. Hope I am making sense to you.

Just double checking. Are you joining as one for the FE or will both rooms be joining separately. Hope I am making sense to you.
Two - each door will have our own FE hanging, and each cabin will be providing surprises. Can you clarify if we make daily gifts?

Two - each door will have our own FE hanging, and each cabin will be providing surprises. Can you clarify if we make daily gifts?

That is your choice. The general consensus is that most do a cabin gift with something special for the kids, some do something for each individual in the cabin, whichever you want to do is fine. If you want to give on more than one day that is also up to you and your budget. There are basically no rules except to have fun with it and enjoy.

That is your choice. The general consensus is that most do a cabin gift with something special for the kids, some do something for each individual in the cabin, whichever you want to do is fine. If you want to give on more than one day that is also up to you and your budget. There are basically no rules except to have fun with it and enjoy.

Thanks Kathy! You are so helpful. I assume at some point (possibly when our group gets full) that we will all be notified at how many people, what ages and genders?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter