Wonder January 4 2016 Galveston to Puerto Rico

I'm falling down the rabbit hole of FE gifts between Etsy & Zulily. I'm going to need an extra suitcase. What are others doing as far as each family's gifts? A gift for each member or something for all to share? There's so many cool choices that I'm wondering if one thing for each family member is going overboard. I haven't gotten the list yet, so I hope there are little girls in our FE group because I've already begun getting gifts for them as there are so many cool ones.

Hi all!

I just booked this cruise today, so I am late to the party!

My son (7) and I will be traveling on a mother/son trip and I am super excited to be on the WOnder. It is the only Disney ship I have not been on.

If it is not too late, we would like to join the FE list. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Nancy

Just popping in to say hi - haven't been on here much since all the changes so have been chatting elsewhere . Good to see other transatlantic folks onboard :) we have two cruises on a different cruiseline before this one but most excited about DCL for sure!!

New port for DCL, so unless someones been on another line don't think theres going to be much info here. I will say they look amazing!
Ironically we have been to Tortola on DCL. The Baths at Virin Gorda are great and they usually drop you so you are swimming with the current (unless shuttling you with a dinghy). :)

Hello from Houston!
Really excited to see that more people are joining!
I saw today that they're discounting this cruise on the DCL website so I assume that it'll book up quickly!

Hello from Houston!
Really excited to see that more people are joining!
I saw today that they're discounting this cruise on the DCL website so I assume that it'll book up quickly!
It is really booked for a repositioning cruise. We just upgraded to an outside stateroom & there weren't many less expensive cabins available. We like deck 2 because our son goes to Edge, but nearly all the outside staterooms midship were taken. It should be fun.

Got all your changes noted.
If any of you do upgrades at port, you can call my room 6080 or come by the room. I will have something on my door for you to be able to leave me a message.

@twokats We just did our upgrade to an outside stateroom given the ship is fast booking. We're in stateroom #2514 & are there to stay. It's me (Caryn), my husband (Michael), & our 14 year old son (Todd). May we please, please get a copy of our fish extender group list? I'm well into ordering gifts & need to make sure who is in our group so everyone doesn't end up with snacks, candy, flavored Minnie Mouse chapstick & lipgloss, cruise magnets, sports bottles & Mickey backpacks. I'm sure there are boys & dads in there.

@twokats We just did our upgrade to an outside stateroom given the ship is fast booking. We're in stateroom #2514 & are there to stay. It's me (Caryn), my husband (Michael), & our 14 year old son (Todd). May we please, please get a copy of our fish extender group list? I'm well into ordering gifts & need to make sure who is in our group so everyone doesn't end up with snacks, candy, flavored Minnie Mouse chapstick & lipgloss, cruise magnets, sports bottles & Mickey backpacks. I'm sure there are boys & dads in there.

To save me time looking. . . do I have your email? I will send it to you that way.

To save me time looking. . . do I have your email? I will send it to you that way.
You don't. How do I get it to you so I'm not spammed? I don't know how to sent private messages on here. If I type it below, can you delete my post after you read it? Let me know what's easiest.

You don't. How do I get it to you so I'm not spammed? I don't know how to sent private messages on here. If I type it below, can you delete my post after you read it? Let me know what's easiest.

send it to me in a pm (conversation) and I will be the only one to get it. Click on my screen name at the side and it will give you an option to start a conversation.

Especially after military and Interline rates were released for this sailing. We transferred an OBB on opening day for this cruise, but after seeing the availability on pif date decided to take the gamble and move our OBB. That same week they released the *gt rates for all three (igt, ogt, and vgt) then later mto and int. So what we lost our set cabin number (still showing available) but holding out for special rates played out well for us (hotel and airline have been booked)
Military rate also out for Wonder Jan 17 and 24. When they put them out this early you know ship isn't selling well as they would like.

Especially after military and Interline rates were released for this sailing. We transferred an OBB on opening day for this cruise, but after seeing the availability on pif date decided to take the gamble and move our OBB. That same week they released the *gt rates for all three (igt, ogt, and vgt) then later mto and int. So what we lost our set cabin number (still showing available) but holding out for special rates played out well for us (hotel and airline have been booked)
Military rate also out for Wonder Jan 17 and 24. When they put them out this early you know ship isn't selling well as they would like.
So are all those blocked cabins unbooked? Are they just holding them out?

Sorry if someone already replied, but I think they're talking about the wristbands for the kids clubs, Oceaneers Club & Oceaneer Lab. There's a plastic wristband the kids wear to get in and out. It has a little electronic box & it can be scanned as they check in & out of the clubs. It's easier than signing them in & out like it used to be. We never had much trouble cause ours never wanted to leave. It was practically checking him in at the beginning of the cruise & picking him up at disembarkation.

Thank you ..its our first Disney cruise and i just wanted to make sure. super excited!!

This is a xmas gift for my daughter and she doesnt know it yet. My question is anyone else surprising the kidos? i cant wait to see her face when she opens her gift on xmas day!!

We are traveling with another family and have older kids..
19,17,14 and 14. Hoping the kids can start connecting now prior to the trip. They always have a much better time when they have a group of friends...
Anyone else traveling with kids around the same ages?

Last edited:
So are all those blocked cabins unbooked? Are they just holding them out?
They aren't blocked for those rates per say, just a fare code
When you search a cabin DCL will show a max of 8 cabins usually. With the old website you could search specific room numbers so you could see if more were available. But they don't show all their availability or that would be showing too much of their secrets and revenue management to competitors. Most cruise lines only show a small block of cabins at a time.
I was hoping for a verandah with Lower rate so had been tracking availability with a list I kept going.

Just did a quick check for our family of four still sitting gty:
37 insides
39 outsides
That I counted
Of course they allocate x number of children per lifebot section so that could look different if searching 4 adults. Plus capacity per lifeboat. If only 3 seats left but trying to book a cabin for 4 in that section, DCL will not allow it to be booked
And of course capacity of 3 or 2 for a stateroom adds available verandahs and more available insides I could
See immediately

Just did a quick check for our family of four still sitting gty:
37 insides
39 outsides
That I counted
Of course they allocate x number of children per lifebot section so that could look different if searching 4 adults. Plus capacity per lifeboat. If only 3 seats left but trying to book a cabin for 4 in that section, DCL will not allow it to be booked
And of course capacity of 3 or 2 for a stateroom adds available verandahs and more available insides I could
See immediately
My last count there were still over 150 cabins available to book

Hi everyone!! Just booked this cruise last night...super excited!! Was wondering if anyone was doing or interested in an open bar event. We participated in one in September on our Hawaii cruise and it was a blast. I believe you need 25 people interested, but it is an hour for $15.00 I believe, all drinks included. There is a cheaper non-alcoholic version as well, but we had such a great time. It is a great way to meet people and for the money it is so worth it if you enjoy cocktails. Also, is there a Facebook page for this cruise?

My husband (Grant) and I would be interested!

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter