• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder - January 21, 2011 The Cruise To Nowhere In Particular..

I'm still working on my Fish Extender stuff...:=:rotfl::rotfl: I love it...

Right there with ya!

Got most everything packed now. Just going back over making sure I have all documents for car, hotel, cruise, Leno, etc.

Almost time for a little (and I do mean little) bit of sleep! At least my flight is w-i-d-e open...so if I dont get First Class, I should be able to have a row in coach. Thats another 2-3 hours of sleep at least!

I heard 6:30 am on another Dis thread. We are at the Crowne Plaza so I was wondering if we'd be able to see it pulling in from the hotel at all... but I don't know if I want to be up at 6:30 anyway...

I have a zillion things to do still, and can't get anything accomplished while the kids are still in the dark :(

I did get my hair done today though! CHECK!

Thanks Joy-for the info. We are staying in San Pedro also and thought we might go and welcome her home. Plus we figure it will give us a jumpstart on our day. Have to pick up my parents at the port, they are on the wonder now. So we will pick them up and drop them at the airport and then head back to the port to board. It's gonna be a great day. Now I just have to figure out what to pack. Thanks for sending my wristbands out, that's about the only thing I have packed. Are we still meeting by the pool at 3:00 or has that changed?

Darn, I logged on quick to grab one and everything is gone.:sad1: I originally did not think we wanted to do Palo since we will be back on the ship in April. Now the last couple of days I was thinking I did not want to wait until April to dine in Palo. I am so bummed I missed out. I guess we can take our chances and see if they have anything open when we board. However, we would have to pack accordingly.

Yeah, I tried to grab one of these but they where gone as well. I guess I'll have to asks when we get on board.

I just watched the Christening... I'm freaking bawling... it started when Jennifer Hudson said "May God bless her and everyone that sails on her." It amazes me that we'll be sailing on her in just a few months. Anything having to do with the ships makes me cry (hearing the horn, watching a commercial...) We are so incredibly blessed and fortunate to be able to have these family moments. :love:

I am undecided on the DCL design. I love the Mickey balloon one and if I don't see it at the park, I'm going to order it from Disney Shopping. I love Dooney but am really picky about style and size and haven't found many I love... I have a Goldilocks-like relationship with my handbags.

I am actually undecided about the DCL one also. We are going on the Dream in April so if I don't fall in love with one of them this weekend, I'm going to wait until April.

The pattern that I really like is the Disneyland 55th Anniversary. I have one bag (I don't remember the name of the style) that I use as my everyday purse and DH bought me the matching wallet for Christmas. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much...just updated my list as I am actually sitting here working on my gifts...

don't have a stateroom number for Kris3kid/Sammie

Hi, Actually i just followed/updated the list that DES made on the 1st page, though i see Kris3kid/Sammie in the roll call with FE next to it, but it was not on the FE list, so i'm not sure if she cancelled thru pm'ing Des. Anyways, i added her name to the list. There are also few participants who have not posted here in awhile so i don't know if they're still interested or maybe forgotten that they signed up for FE.

Howdy all!!

I guess it's time to get out the suitcases.
Tomorrow is my birthday so I don't want to spend the whole day packing.
But I'm really excited!!!
My 10 year old cannot stop talkign about the kids club and how excited HE is to spend the day there.
Anyone have teenagers? I have 15 year old who is really looking forward to going but he has to show up at the teen club by himself so I think hes a bit nervous.

This is it for us. Final packing this morning, then when the kids get out of school we're driving down.

I didn't get to see the christening, it was on while I had to take the kids to school. May peek at it this afternoon. I was watching twitter for updates on it. DCL had great updates.

Decided to watch the replay now. They have the talking Mickey. The fairy Goodmother looks exactly like the one that performs at Cinderellas Castle.

I'm still working on my Fish Extender stuff...:=:rotfl::rotfl: I love it...

Same here. At least the bf was helping me last night. Now the gifts are almost ready to print. Just have to finish digitizing the images for our FE so I can make the damn thing. Good thing it shouldn't take me that long to sew it (I hope). lol

Somebody on Twitter, commented that while Jennifer Hudson did a great job at singing, the song was subpar (I reworded that a bit) I'm loving the Princesses with the little princesses standing by.

That's a big bottle of Champagne! (Mickey says it's full of Dreams) It's nearly as large at the crew compartment of the Helicopter that's carrying it.

Pretty cool, but I was wanting to see that bottle break across the bow. It erupted in fireworks, then fireworks were shot off the side of the ship.

FEs done at 1am this morning!!! Have a few more magnets to make tonight, laundry and pack! We are sooooo excited for our first cruise!!!!

One of my staff called in sick today, so I actually have to focus on work....ugh....I don't wanna work, no no no, I just wanna pack and leave!! :dance3::dance3:

Since I was on the 2-day count-down I thought I would check the boards and could not believe it almost 200 pages, where have I been???
To Respond to Melora: I have a dd who will be 14 on Monday and this is our 4th cruise, last May she went to the teen club and loved it, although she was shy at first. Her name is Kathryn, the CM's make it so fun and easy to interact with other teens, she ended up meeting great friends. I also have a DD 11 and DD 8, my DD11 is so excited for the edge. The last cruise she had to hang out with her younger sister at club, and her younger sister is more outgoing, so this time she said, YES....I can make my own friends.....Can't wait to see all of you in 2-days......I'll be the one drinking white Zin on the top deck during the cast off party......:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter