Wonder - January 21, 2011 The Cruise To Nowhere In Particular..

Hello to everyone in this group. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Monica and I live in Mazatlan, Sinaloa Mexico. For anyone on a future Disney cruise to the Mexican Riviera, I am pleased to make myself available to you for any questions about the city of Mazatlan or country of Mexico.

As for myself, I am a resident of both the United States and of Mexico. I speak both English and Spanish fluently and I have sailed on DCL numerous times and have been a lifelong fan of Disney. Let me say right upfront, I am NOT selling anything nor am I affiliated with any business or tour company. I am only here to help and give honest information and opinions in an attempt to make your time in Mazatlan or Mexico a positive experience.

I hope that everyone will welcome me to the discussion and that I can be of assistance to anyone who has a question about my city or country. I will attempt to check the boards once per day, but should I miss a question, please do not hesitate to send me a private message. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Gracias,
Monica

5 second vacation time- all of my sailaways:cloud9:

Nov 2005 (1st Disney Cruise - Wonder)
vacation019.jpg

Nov 2007 (Eastern Carribean - Magic)
DSC00258.jpg

June 2008 (Mexican Riv - Magic)
DSC00861.jpg

Nov 2008 (Western Carribean - Magic)
DSC01196.jpg

after reading your post I went and also found a sideways 11B. I'm in 6511. Thanks for the suggestion. We have not done a sideways room before.:thumbsup2

What is a sideways room? We (my husband Tom and I) are signed up for this trip as well. We were just on the 11 night Mediterranean cruise with the Magic and when we booked this the cast member who signed us up told us that this cruise is extremely popular and that it is already 75% sold out.

What is a sideways room? We (my husband Tom and I) are signed up for this trip as well. We were just on the 11 night Mediterranean cruise with the Magic and when we booked this the cast member who signed us up told us that this cruise is extremely popular and that it is already 75% sold out.

The sideways cabins are Cat 11Bs that have the door in between the bath room and the desk area. If you look on the deck plans you can see where they are show, all forward on deck 5 and 6. To me, they have more floor space. And I know 6521 has a steamer trunk which is great for extra storage. I found that very handy on the 14 night PC cruise in 2005. There are not a lot of them, either.

sidewayscloset.jpg

sidewaysentry.jpg

Image146.jpg

sidewaysbed.jpg

Yeah, this is a very popular cruise, inexpensive and easy for so many people to get to.

The sideways cabins are Cat 11Bs that have the door in between the bath room and the desk area. If you look on the deck plans you can see where they are show, all forward on deck 5 and 6. To me, they have more floor space. And I know 6521 has a steamer trunk which is great for extra storage. I found that very handy on the 14 night PC cruise in 2005. There are not a lot of them, either.

sidewayscloset.jpg

sidewaysentry.jpg

Image146.jpg

sidewaysbed.jpg

Yeah, this is a very popular cruise, inexpensive and easy for so many people to get to.

Looks much nicer than a cat 12 (tomb room as we called it)

sidewayscloset.jpg

sidewaysentry.jpg

Image146.jpg

sidewaysbed.jpg

Thanks for the pics of 11b. I've been wondering how this room will actually look. Not many good photos of it on the web.

The standard 11B will have the door where you see the large suitcase and the bed will be at the same end of the room but you will be facing the hearboard, at least the others that I have seen are laid out that way. so the desk/vanity are pushed down against the bathroom wall. I just like this layout so much. I did see on the virtual tour on the dream that there are some sideways entry cabins, but they are cat 10, I think.

I totally forgot I had put these pics into my photobucket. This Netbook is quite new comapared to that cruise, so it doesn't have a lot of cruise pics on it, YET,

We just booked a sideways 11 (since you were all raving about it!) for a Spring Break cruise in March. My MIL booked it through me and wanted to know if my DD and I could go with so we went ahead and did so.

Thanks for the pictures!

Looks like we may be adding in some girlfriends and upgrading to a verandah.....today will tell!

DONE! Now there are four of us in 7540.

So I just released a 9A, stateroom 6512 if any of you are GTY for that catagory, you may try and call grab it...don't know if DCL will let you do that or not, but it's worth a shot. (since oceanview are not available at all right now).

:woohoo:

I just want to share my excitement to you guys... We have 2 cruises booked for this year, the 1st one will be in July (RCI-Mariner, MR cruise) then the 2nd is in Nov. (NCL-Epic, Eastern) BUT after all the discussions, research, $$$ that we will be spending..... we decided to keep the Mexican Riviera (RCI) cruise (since we don't have to fly) and cancel the NCL Epic- thanksgiving cruise (airfare to MIA for 3, will probably be around $1300:scared1:). In replacement of our Nov cruise..........................We booked a 10 night Med cruise (DCL, of course) for June '11 :yay::yay::yay:. We'll be using our DVC points plus cash for this cruise....i didn't know that we can book thru DCL direct and transfer it to points just before the final due date, DUH?! I'm pretty surprised to see that points for MED next yr is a lot less than compared to this year :confused3. We're are sooo excited. DH is really looking forward to see Rome, and he said we have to make sure we get to visit St. Peter's Basilica.

Welcome Aboard!!!!! How was your Med cruise?

I just want to share my excitement to you guys... We have 2 cruises booked for this year, the 1st one will be in July (RCI-Mariner, MR cruise) then the 2nd is in Nov. (NCL-Epic, Eastern) BUT after all the discussions, research, $$$ that we will be spending..... we decided to keep the Mexican Riviera (RCI) cruise (since we don't have to fly) and cancel the NCL Epic- thanksgiving cruise (airfare to MIA for 3, will probably be around $1300:scared1:). In replacement of our Nov cruise..........................We booked a 10 night Med cruise (DCL, of course) for June '11 :yay::yay::yay:. We'll be using our DVC points plus cash for this cruise....i didn't know that we can book thru DCL direct and transfer it to points just before the final due date, DUH?! I'm pretty surprised to see that points for MED next yr is a lot less than compared to this year :confused3. We're are sooo excited. DH is really looking forward to see Rome, and he said we have to make sure we get to visit St. Peter's Basilica.

Wow, that's exciting, I didn't even realize they were doing the Med again next year. We had a Med booked with RCCL this year but had to cancel it, just too much money. We are going on the Oasis instead. One day I will do a Med.

Awe...sweet! Are those real pedals ? :hug:

I didn't know they stopped the romance package.

I also never knew how cool the sideway rooms were.

Yes those are all real pedals. They cancelled it last year. I think too many people were booking it to get Palo reservations early and then cancelling the package. Ruined it for all of us.

Yes those are all real pedals. They cancelled it last year. I think too many people were booking it to get Palo reservations early and then cancelling the package. Ruined it for all of us.

Actually, they are peTals. Pedals are usually found on self propelled vehicles, such as pedal cars, bicycles, tricycles, etc. LOL.

Gotta love the Internet, one person finds a loophole in a DCL packages and tells everyone on the boards, next thing you know, so many people are doing the same that it is ruined. REAS package, divers at the Living Seas, personalized menus, etc. Just like the birthday buttons, everyone wants their snowflake to wear one all week at WDW to get "free" cupcakes at every meal, etc. And when Disney stops it, what an uproar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter