Wonder for kids after sailing on Fantasy?

cbw4lsu

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I'm looking for your input on sailing the Wonder after sailing the Fantasy. Our family of 5 went on a 7 day Eastern itinerary on the Fantasy last summer. It was our 3 boys', (14, 14, and 9) at the time, first cruise. They really enjoyed it and talk about it all the time.

We are now booked on the Thanksgiving cruise on the Wonder next year. My concern is whether or not there will be enough for them to do on the Wonder. I'm sure my wife and I will enjoy it, but will 2 16 year olds and an 11 year old be disappointed?

Would we be better off possibly looking at a RCCL ship instead?

Also, if anyone has experience with this, one of our sons is in a power wheelchair. Are there any significant differences in getting around on the Wonder vs Fantasy?

Thanks for your opinions.

The Vibe is really different on Wonder. Not as big just a small room in the stack of the ship. There must be an elevator up but can't remember right now. Lots of stairs up to the room though.

The Edge is on the second floor. We have done the Magic but the Wonder is the same. They might have upgraded it since we were on the older ships but the space is not the same.

We are going on the Wonder in a few weeks and the kids are bummed because they know what they will be missing since we have done the Dream and Fantasy before this and remember the Magic. But they will be doing the same kind of activities so they will be ok. My dd is just of age to go to the Vibe too.

I'm wondering if I will miss the Fantasy and the extra top deck for sunning on the adult side....:rotfl:

My kids and I really like the sports deck on the Wonder. They have a separate area for basketball and soccer. I also liked the setup of the ping pong and foosball tables on the Wonder. I think they'll have plenty to do on the Wonder.

After being on the fantasy and dream twice we took a week cruise on the wonder and both my kids loved the wonder. My son was 12 and he did not miss anything. He really liked the sports deck and Edge. He met a lot more kids on the Wonder and was hanging out with them the entire trip. I think because the ship was smaller they could do more things with the kids in Edge and they all got to know each other better then our trip on the fantasy.

After being on the fantasy and dream twice we took a week cruise on the wonder and both my kids loved the wonder. My son was 12 and he did not miss anything. He really liked the sports deck and Edge. He met a lot more kids on the Wonder and was hanging out with them the entire trip. I think because the ship was smaller they could do more things with the kids in Edge and they all got to know each other better then our trip on the fantasy.
My kids would agree with this post. After going on the Dream we went on the Wonder twice. My kids ( 12 and 16) like the smaller ship better. They like the more intimate environment. They developed closer friendships with the kids and had more fun with the CM's in the edge and vibe. I doubt we will sail the large ships again.

How about an 8 year old who is generally shy. He didn't spend much time in the kids club on our two Dream cruises, maybe a few hours a day and usually when we went to get him we found him playin video games alone.

Why do you think?

How about an 8 year old who is generally shy. He didn't spend much time in the kids club on our two Dream cruises, maybe a few hours a day and usually when we went to get him we found him playin video games alone.

Why do you think?

This is probably more my DS. He's 11 however he just prefers to be with us (only child) and we do most things together anyway. We encourage him to got to the kids club, and now Edge, but he just doesn't get that much out of it to be honest. My DS can be shy and reserved but he is also friendly and makes friends so he's sort of in the middle.

We just got off the Wonder (which was our second sailing on her) and agree as before, we love ALL the ships, however Fantasy and Dream are the winners each time for us. My DS and DH definitely agreed. I always say, I would not hesitate to sail any of the ships and we try not to compare what we miss to the other ships, but if we had a choice we'd choose the Fantasy or the Dream.

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter