• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder dining rotattion w/kids

Ariel Lover

Earning My Ears
We sail on Sunday on the Wonder. Yea!!!

I have heard people mention that you can often predict your dining roatation based on the ages of your kids. Is this true? If so, what might you say ours would be, traveling with a 4yo, 6yo, & 7yo?

Thanks for any ideas.

When we sailed on the Wonder in Dec. 2001 we asked to eat at the late seating. I know that they tend to put families at the main seating and adult at the late seating. I am glad I choose the late seating for my family, because of the 3 hour time difference, my kids would have never been hungry at the early seating. It would have been 3:30 pm. to them. When I booked the cruise, the early seating was full, but the late seating was only about 1/2 to 3/4 full every night. The attention we received from the servers was wonderful. The head server offered to give us our own table after the first night because there was so many open tables, but we really enjoyed talking with our tablemates so we declined. If you have choice, I would choose the seating that would fit the eating habits of your kids. Happy kids at dinner, make for happy parents and happy tablemates.

Thanks for your advice. We already have early seating. I was curious as to our dining room rotation.

Opps! Sorry I miss read your question. I'm not sure how they come up with their dining rotation. My kids are DS 9 and DD 4. We ate at Animator's Palate on the first night, Parrot Cay on the second, and Triton's on the third. My kids loved Animator's Palate the best. I felt the food was the best at Animator's Palate, just good at Triton's and okay at Parrot Cay. My husband and I never had the chance to eat at Palo's, but next time we hope too. Everyone always post that Palo's is a must do. Hope you and your family have a wonderful trip together. I know my family will always remember our first Wonder Cruise.

I believe that the consensus on this board is that:

Adults cruising without kids start at Tritons (TAP)
Families with older kids start at Parrot Cay (PTA)
Families with younger kids start at Animators (APT)

Of course, this is a broad generalization, so although this might indicate where you are "likely" to end up, I would not plan on it. (Also, I have no idea what age would be the dividing line between younger and older kids)

We cruised this month with kids aged 12 and 10. We had TAP rotation, early seating.

Our boys were 9 & 11 last year when we cruised, and we had the TAP rotation. We leave again in 10 days, so we'll see what we end up with this time!

but when you cruised last year, did your boys use the club? If so, how did they feel about being split up? We will have dd9 & dn11 and I don't want them split up in the clubs. It means different times for activities etc. They hate the whole idea and one of main reasons for bringing DN is for DD to have a buddy. Anyway, how was it with your kids? And, do they have your child's age on file or do they just ask you? Yes, I'm thinking of telling them DD is 10 to avoid the whole thing. She is pretty mature for her age and close to being 10 anyway (but more than a month away). Any info?
Jenn

jdm,
Unfortunately my boys didn't care too much for the clubs, and I do think that it was because they were split up. They spent about 45 minutes the first night there, then never went back. I do think they will know the age of your children at the club. Since your DD is almost 10, they might let her in the older group if you talk to them. I'm not sure. There are some open times in the club that combine the groups, so your DD & DN could have some free time together even if they won't let them go together for specific activities. This year, my boys will be in the same age group, so it will be interesting to see if they enjoy the club more than last year. Even if the club doesn't work out for your family, there are still plenty of things for them to do onboard together. I'm sure they will still have a wonderful time!

We sailed 3 day Wonder in NOV DD4, DS12, DD17. We had second seating TAP. We sailed again 4day in JAN. second seating we had APTA. I don't know if it makes a difference the age of your children. but on the 4day you have the first and last nights at the same restaurant, the 4th night all restaurants have the same menu, master chef. you also have breakfast in on the last morning at the same restaurant as the last night. 6:30 for early seating 8:00 late seating when you finish you disembark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter