Wonder deck 5....

LimoFam5

DIS Veteran
Seems like a busy deck. We have never stayed on this deck and Im a bit nervous.
How is it? We are in a deluxe ocean view stateroom forward and looking for info.

We stayed on Deck 5 aft a few years back and loved the area. I remember it was the very first cabin in the hallway around the corner from the movie theater.

Perhaps someone can share about staying Deck 5 forward. We found the deck to be very convenient to everything and would stay there again if the opportunity arose.

Have a wonderful cruise.

We stayed on 5512 on the Magic last year and loved the location. It was very convienent to the kids club and the main lobby, not to mention the theater. It was very quiet there and very little foot traffic, since it is forward. We would stay there again if the opportunity presents itself.

We love Deck 5! The public areas are busy, but the stateroom hallways are very quiet. I prefer to walk the length of the ship on Deck 5, where you have nice wide public hallways instead of walking down endless stateroom corridors. You have convenient access to the kids clubs, the atrium, restaurants, the BV theater, Shutters. No worries, you'll like it just fine.

We have completed 8 DCL adventures and stayed on deck 5 7 of the 8 times with another one booked for next year. Awesome location and not that busy especially if you aft away from the kids clubs.

Thanks for all the info. I am used to staying on deck 2 and really like it.

I guess im worried about the motion in the ocean.....how is that?

Thanks for all the info. I am used to staying on deck 2 and really like it.

I guess im worried about the motion in the ocean.....how is that?

We have stayed deck 5 forward. Love it. Quiet. Easy access to the kids clubs for the rugrats. Easy access to other areas.

Didn't notice any negatives about the motion. Yes there is some, but we did not have an issue on deck 5 at all. (DD did one cruise when we were on deck 8. It was the first night out of PC and all the excitement got to her at silly o'clock in the morning. What fun was that having to call guest service in the middle of the night! Doh!)

Great location for us. In fact we are on deck 5 for our upcoming cruise.

-Kay

Is it noisy being right above the theater though? What about the back of the ship on deck 5?

We have stayed deck 5 forward. Love it. Quiet. Easy access to the kids clubs for the rugrats. Easy access to other areas.

Didn't notice any negatives about the motion. Yes there is some, but we did not have an issue on deck 5 at all. (DD did one cruise when we were on deck 8. It was the first night out of PC and all the excitement got to her at silly o'clock in the morning. What fun was that having to call guest service in the middle of the night! Doh!)

Great location for us. In fact we are on deck 5 for our upcoming cruise.

-Kay

So reassuring. We're in 5020 next cruise. Can't wait!

We were in #5520 and loved it so much we booked it again for next year:goodvibes. It was very quiet and I never heard noise from the theater or crew.

Most of our staterooms have been on 5 forward, including being lucky enough to have a secret porthold stateroom. Love deck 5 - forward and aft! Very quiet, easy access to all parts of the ship. I have never noticed a lot of traffic, even by the kids clubs. Our next cruise this October on the Magic is on 5 aft.

Jan

We stayed there once and liked Deck 5....while walking from one end of the ship to other I prefer using Deck 5......a more interesting deck than walking a full passenger deck.

MJ

We have stayed in deck 5 forward rooms for most of our cruises. It is my favorite location. We have also done deck 6 and 7 forward...don't like it. Too much traffic and noise on a stateroom only deck. Deck 5 forward is quiet, no foot traffic except those that have rooms there. Quick 1 or 2 floors down for the WDT, shops, Guest Services, restaurants, night clubs. A few floors up for the pool deck. Plus the forward elevator is relatively quick as most people don't use it.

As for motion, I get sick riding in a car if I read or even turn around and look in the back seat. Riding in the back seat is off-limits :laughing: I have never had an issue with the motion on deck 5 forward. I take a bonine every night and I'm fine. The motion has never been that different from the rest of the ship.

Is it noisy being right above the theater though? What about the back of the ship on deck 5?

I can't remember any noise from the theater. There may have been some, but I don't recall anything.

Shows tend to run at the same time as dinner. So we were probably at dinner when the late show was playing. We didn't go to all the early shows, if that was the case, we could have been in the room changing when the early show was on. Again, nothing that I can remember that was an issue. Unless you plan to be in your cabin during a show, you won't hear it.

-Kay

We love 5 aft and choose to stay there whenever we cruise on the Wonder. We can hear some "noise" on the last night from the dining room when they do the flag parade during the late seating, but it's short lived and nothing that disrupts our sleep or enjoyment. It usually happens about the time we are in the room getting ready to put our bags out. Overall, it's a very quiet location.

We stayed in 5002 in June. The location is great; it is convenient and quiet. The forward elevators are rarely busy and the main traffic is crew going to crew area forward. The big problem is that we were on board during the PremEar of Cars 2. They showed the movie in the WD Theater below us twice at midnite. It is a noisy movie and literally rattled the pictures on the walls and shook the bed. Impossible to sleep thru. Woke the grandkids next door in 5000. As stated by PP, the regular shows aren't an issue as they are during meal times and done by bed time. Liked the location, but not if they are using the theater late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter