Wonder Dec 11 Cruise adult only

4KsLUVDisney

Mouseketeer
Me and my husband will be cruising on the Wonder out of Galveston on December 11 alone for the 1st time without our kids. Any recommendations for things we should do on the cruise, events, activities or spa treatments? We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on December 15 and I have booked Palo for dinner that night.

Since we have always cruised with our kids we never do anything but hang with them at the pool and do the shows at night.

We just spent 2 weeks onboard the Wonder for the Panama Canal without kids and we had a ball. We went to everything!! We had Palo brunch and Palo dinner, hung out in the Cove Cafe, went to the different lounges, took part in trivia contests, stayed out late, went to all the shows, etc. We don't do spa so can't comment on that. Doing DCL without kids is a totally different experience!!!

MJ

mmouse37 what are some of the things you can do during the day on the boat on at sea days? I wish I could have a post with the navigators for the Wonder out of Galveston to see what there is to do.... my husband is starting to rethink the whole cruise alone and that we will get bored for 7 days and our port days are only have days in port. Lots of time is going to be on the boat. We are cruise in an ocean view room on deck 2 and our 2 previous cruises we had verandah rooms and not being able to sit on a balcony in room is making him 2nd guess the cruise as well. Any insight you can share would be great. I think we will be plenty entertained at night with shows etc but it's the day time I am worried about with him.

I'm not a big activities person (my favorite thing to do is curl up with a book and watch the ocean go by), but one recommendation is a tastings/mixology class. Those are normally very fun and reasonably priced ($20-$30) per class. If you look on disneycruiselineblog, you can also check out some of the more recent navigators to see what activities they have for adults. I know there's generally cooking classes, trivia, bingo, etc during the day.

mmouse37 what are some of the things you can do during the day on the boat on at sea days? I wish I could have a post with the navigators for the Wonder out of Galveston to see what there is to do.... my husband is starting to rethink the whole cruise alone and that we will get bored for 7 days and our port days are only have days in port. Lots of time is going to be on the boat. We are cruise in an ocean view room on deck 2 and our 2 previous cruises we had verandah rooms and not being able to sit on a balcony in room is making him 2nd guess the cruise as well. Any insight you can share would be great. I think we will be plenty entertained at night with shows etc but it's the day time I am worried about with him.

DH and I are about to take our 4th Disney cruise (Wonder). Its just the 2 of us (we don't have kids yet). We find there is always something to do and never feel bored. A few of the activities we like are trivia, mixology classes, bingo, and we are spa people so we always book a couples service. I can tell you we love the Disney spas and have never been disappointed. We love to go to the movies but work doesn't not always allow it at home so we take advantage of the theater and even funnel vision is we like the movies playing. One thing we did not do on our 1st cruise (serious regrets) and have done since is the adult only shows. We always find these entertaining and a lot of fun. Personally, I don't think you will regret it. I hope this helps a little.

I just off the Wonder out if Galveston last Friday and have my navigators if you'd like to see! There was plenty of adult entertainment! Some we wished we could have gotten to do but this was our first cruise so most was family fun!! We did trivia games, and did enjoy some amazing mixology classes and some time at the quiet cove pool. The Match your Mate game was hilarious fun! There was an 80's music trivia night in wavebands, adult comedy shows, and such yummy food all over!

DW and I didn't start cruising until our kids were in college. We've done 3 cruises over an anniversary (ironically, none on DCL). She works long hours so her goal is to totally relax: sleep in, get in some serious sunning by the pool or beach, enjoy the spa, etc. I'm more into history and exploring new cultures, but I'm unable to sleep past 6am and find both beach and pool incredibly boring (unless I'm snorkeling). Consequently, we do a mix of activities together and separately.

We like going to the late night programs in the lounges, wine tastings, and Palo for brunch. She spends sea-days by the adult pool and sometimes I join her in the hot tub, but I enjoy a sea-day reading and watching the ocean on our veranda. We always have second seating which allows her more time by the pool while I attend the evening show, then we meet in the room to get ready for dinner while enjoying a glass of wine on the veranda. Often she'll take advantage of a spa special. Last cruise I attended the cooking demos. In port we almost always spend time walking around the area window shopping and stopping for a snack or drink somewhere. We may or may not take an excursion, and a few times we've done separate excursions. We keep busy, but not too busy as we don't try to do everything or have a schedule for every minute of the day. Mostly we just try to spend some quality time together but still do things that we enjoy, either together or separately.

I just off the Wonder out if Galveston last Friday and have my navigators if you'd like to see! There was plenty of adult entertainment! Some we wished we could have gotten to do but this was our first cruise so most was family fun!! We did trivia games, and did enjoy some amazing mixology classes and some time at the quiet cove pool. The Match your Mate game was hilarious fun! There was an 80's music trivia night in wavebands, adult comedy shows, and such yummy food all over!

I would love to see the navigators... would give me some good ideas for planning especially you were on the Wonder out of Galveston

We've never cruised with our DD (she's an adult). That being said, we always could find something to do: walk on the deck, read a book, cooking demo, wine tasting, movies. You won't regret a cruise without kids!!!

Quite honestly we NEVER felt bored onboard during the sea days and we had many sea days in a row. We did the 3 different mixology classes, sat by the pool, read books on Deck 4 (love that deck) and participated in all sorts of trivia games.

We were in an oceanview on Deck 1 and we left the cabin about 8:00 am each day and only went back to the room to change for the pool or for dinner. Hardly spent any time in our cabin. We could went another 2 weeks and not felt bored!!

MJ

I've been on 4 DCL cruises, all of them it has just been my boyfriend and myself. We've never ever been bored!

Definitely book Palo brunch (and dinner) if you can. Hanging out at the Cove Cafe is awesome, and the Wonder actually has an upstairs extension called the Outlook Cafe that none of the other ships have - it's really nice because you can see the ocean from it. Do the Anyone Can Cook classes, those are a lot of fun, so is trivia. Try to hit the sit down breakfast and lunches as often as possible. Try the Exotic Rasul treatment at the spa, it's really relaxing - you guys get your own private treatment room (wink wink haha) and really nice products and masks to use on each other for an hour. Maybe book the Rainforest Room for a sea day! I think you guys will have a great time.

You'll have a great time. I was worried when we booked the Panama cruise my husband would get bored, he still says that was one of his favorite trips. We're on the cruise before you, empty nesters going for some relaxation.

Personally, I love to sit in the pool and talk to the other adults. I also like going up to satellite falls when the ship is cruising - it's windy, but enjoyable (not sure if Wonder has that.?)

There are also movies and lots of planned activities. On the fantasy, I did (I think 2?) tours that walked the ship and talked about the artwork and some of the design. They also had on the fantasy a meet and greet with an imagineer from the world. That was real interesting and as a Disney buff, I had a great time talking with her about some of what she had done in FantasyLand.

As others say, there is ALWAYS something to do on a ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter