• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder Concierge

andrencau

Mouseketeer
My family of 6 are staying in a 2 bedroom suite for the September 26 double dip. We are at the 120 day booking window. We have had all of our requests confirmed. My requests were Cabana, 2 nights of Animator's Palette, a private dining table, a table by the window, and non-Coke beverages in our room. Just curious what are some of the "out of the norm" requests that have been made and were they honored?

This is nice to hear. We are sailing concierge on the Fantasy in October and I was thinking about requesting a private table and also a table by a window. What type of "non-coke" product did you request? My husband doesn't do coke products, so would be interested in making a request for him.

We did a 4 night cruise on the Wonder in April, 1-BD Concierge. We traveled with a group of 21 people so our only request was that we had adjacent tables.

The only requests we made were a cabana, which we got and some Mickey Rice Crispie treats, which we also got. Weeks later, I now wish I had asked for more to take home. Lynda and Rodrigo helped make our first cruise a wonderful experience.

Just curious, what types of beverages are you expecting as replacements for "Coke" products?

My wife "needs" Mountain Dew to function in life in general, so I thought it would be nice to have on vacation. I was told that they would have to speak with the Onboard Concierge and get back to us. In 2 days, I was notified that it would be no problem to have Mountain Dew in the room.

The window table was no problem either, except in Animator's Palette. They have no windows in there.

My wife "needs" Mountain Dew to function in life in general, so I thought it would be nice to have on vacation. I was told that they would have to speak with the Onboard Concierge and get back to us. In 2 days, I was notified that it would be no problem to have Mountain Dew in the room.

The window table was no problem either, except in Animator's Palette. They have no windows in there.

:cool1: My husband needs Mountain Dew to function as well. I think I will put in the request and see if we get any pixie dust! Thank you:thumbsup2

My husband is another Mtn Dew lover.....do I see a common thread with Concierge cruisers LOL.

Our request date is coming up soon, I'm so excited and just can't think of what to ask for LOL.

We are on the October 31 sailing (still a month till 120 days) and I love the Diet Dew!

Good to know. Also didn't know you could request window seats.

Anyone have a recommendation what MDR night to go to Palo? I was thinking of skipping the Pirate night as reviews have been iffy.

Cheers,

Eric

We did a 4 night cruise on the Wonder in April, 1-BD Concierge. We traveled with a group of 21 people so our only request was that we had adjacent tables.

The only requests we made were a cabana, which we got and some Mickey Rice Crispie treats, which we also got. Weeks later, I now wish I had asked for more to take home. Lynda and Rodrigo helped make our first cruise a wonderful experience.

Just curious, what types of beverages are you expecting as replacements for "Coke" products?

So they don't charge for Mickey Mouse rice crispie treats? My older daughter would love these!

My family of 6 are staying in a 2 bedroom suite for the September 26 double dip. We are at the 120 day booking window. We have had all of our requests confirmed. My requests were Cabana, 2 nights of Animator's Palette, a private dining table, a table by the window, and non-Coke beverages in our room. Just curious what are some of the "out of the norm" requests that have been made and were they honored?

Thanks for starting this thread...my wife is pumped to know this, she drinks coke zero...

The rice krispy treats do not cost. I asked about treats for the kids and was told that there are usually a variety of daily treats that are delivered. If you get anything from room service, a tip is customary(not mandatory). Disney service is world class and I believe every request will be considered (within reason). It never hurts to ask.

My husband is another Mtn Dew lover.....do I see a common thread with Concierge cruisers LOL.

Our request date is coming up soon, I'm so excited and just can't think of what to ask for LOL.

My husband is a 2-Dew-per-day guy. Now I see where we've made our error ... we've never sailed concierge! :rotfl2:

The rice krispy treats do not cost. I asked about treats for the kids and was told that there are usually a variety of daily treats that are delivered. If you get anything from room service, a tip is customary(not mandatory). Disney service is world class and I believe every request will be considered (within reason). It never hurts to ask.

Thanks! We definitely believe in tips! Room service probably gets run ragged in the morning and right before typical bedtimes for the little ones. I called for nightly Mickey Mouse ice cream bars and my waist line when I got back wasn't happy! :hyper:

No rice krispie treats available on the ship unless we purchase them in the shop and no Mickey ice cream bars because the older ships don't have a freezer in the Royal or Concierge suites :(

Emailed concierge yesterday asking if we could have Mountain Dew in our room. Got a reply this morning that they would not be able to make that request as the ship carries coke products:(

Emailed concierge yesterday asking if we could have Mountain Dew in our room. Got a reply this morning that they would not be able to make that request as the ship carries coke products:(

Another 'ymmv' based on what CM you get. Or maybe they are changing it since it became such a popular request and was costing them.

Has anyone asked for Cherry Coke in your room? I like regular Coke, but having Cherry Coke (esp. since you can't get it elsewhere on the ship, I believe) would be awesome.

My 120 day is next week. I think I will ask for:
1. "Private" table with us + our non-concierge friends who are sailing with us. (Seven people total). (I think we would get this anyway, but just to be sure.)
2. Window table
3. Formal night in Triton's (or at least not in Parrot Cay).
4. Palo dinner for the two of us and Palo brunch for us + our 2 friends (don't think they will be able to do this until friends' booking window opens). It's hard to know which night to ask for Palo on, though. It's the only 6-night Wonder out of Miami, so we don't know exactly what the rotation will be.

I don't know what to say about the rice crispie treats. They were available at a concierge reception on day three, I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter