• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder - cat 3 - 8034 or 8534 ?

TravelinGal

DIS Veteran
Right now, both cabins are open. A friend from another Disney forum has 8532 and I thought it would be fun to have the cabin next to her, but I'm concerned that being under the arcade will be significantly louder than being under the Cove Café.

Any opinions between the two cabins?

Thanks!
Robin

We were in 8530 (a couple of cabins up) and loved it! We heard foot traffic from the floor above, but not alot of noise other than that. On that cruise we had the beach view of Castaway Cay. Our next cruise we were in 8016 and we had the not so good view at Castaway Cay! If I had the choice, I would go with 8534. Flip a coin! Either one is going to be great!:thumbsup2

Right now, both cabins are open. A friend from another Disney forum has 8532 and I thought it would be fun to have the cabin next to her, but I'm concerned that being under the arcade will be significantly louder than being under the Cove Café.

Thanks!
Robin

Yes, 8034 is under Quiet Cove so there is less noise from up above.

Having been in 8534, I'd go with 8034. 8534 was wicked noisy.

If your only concern is noise I'd reserve 8034. We stayed in 8530, the Roy suite and found it very noisy so I would think the other side of the ship couldn't be any worse. I recall chairs noises and the crew cleaning detail first thing in the morning as the the most annoying. There were a few early morning joggers as well but they didn't seem to be as annoying to me. I can't recall any noise that I could identify as coming specifically from the arcade so I would guess the Cove Cafe would be just as quiet. The only issue I would have on that side of the ship is the reduced chance of having a view of the beach at Castaway Cay. They usually back the ship into the dock.

Having been in 8534, I'd go with 8034. 8534 was wicked noisy.

I completely agree. We were in 8532 on one cruise and the noise from the kids running back and forth to the arcade didn't let up until at least midnight. Because of that, we have 8034 reserved for our 2009 cruise. We'll probably still hear them moving chairs around and getting ready for the day (pretty common on most of deck 8), but being under Quiet Cove should "hopefully" be less noisy.

We've been in 8534 twice and will be next April again. We love and heard very little noise at all. Occasional deck chair sounds but nothing of any concern.

8034 was extremely noisy. We heard people running around all the time above us, ping pong balls bouncing on the ground, teen dance parties at night (though that was pre-Stack days). It's not really under the Cove Cafe, it's more under the chairs right next to the dance stage of the Goofy pool.

That said, I'm sure 8534 is the same and we are booked in that room for a 2010 cruise, so clearly not the end of the world to us.

We just got back from our second sailing in 8534.

The amount of space is wonderful, the verandah was amazing - location GREAT.

HOWEVER - the creaking noise was really, really bad. Enough that I won't sail again in this cabin. My 3yo son was up in the middle of the night worrying that the roof was going to fall in.

That said - I won't sail CAT 3 unless it was a mid-ship (just to much $$). So we'll either wait/hope that they have considered these things for the suites on the new ships...or go with connecting cabins on a lower level.

So, it seems like those who have stayed in either one report on each being noisy and quiet... What a quandary! LOL

Guess I'll stick it out on the 8534 side since I have a (online) friend who will be staying on that side.

DS sleeps like a log, so I'm not worried about creaking etc and DH and I sleep through most everything (except me if DS wakes up crying - you know the whole mommy thing...) We'll pack earplugs just in case and I can pull them out when I wake up in the middle of the night. (I always seem to wake up around 1am :confused3 PITA, but I'm used to it now and usually fall right back asleep)

I'm still open for more opinions, of course... Especially if someone has stayed in both cabins (or at least both sides of the 4 midship cabins)

Thanks!

Thanks!
Robin

Tell your friend to take care of *MY* cabin!

Get 8534 then you can open the connecting door between the rooms!

Tell your friend to take care of *MY* cabin!

Get 8534 then you can open the connecting door between the rooms!

LOL - I'll be sure to tell her. :rotfl2: Thank you SO much for sharing it the other 51 weeks of the year.

That's why I was thinking of moving to that side. We're going with a group and I thought it might be fun to host a party between our 2 suites - can you imagine? A veranda SIX cabins long?! (too bad they're only 4' deep, but still!)

If the creaking does get bad in the cabin (we experienced the same thing), call the concierge. They will send up carpenters to caulk.

LOL - I'll be sure to tell her. :rotfl2: Thank you SO much for sharing it the other 51 weeks of the year.

That's why I was thinking of moving to that side. We're going with a group and I thought it might be fun to host a party between our 2 suites - can you imagine? A veranda SIX cabins long?! (too bad they're only 4' deep, but still!)

Just a note...the verandah dividers do NOT open up.

We were on the Wonder 10/5 and had 8034 and 8036. Foster, our stateroom host, was able to open the veranda divider for us. It was great to have a quadruple length veranda! We had no problems at all with 8034, we have it booked for Oct 2010.

Our friends were in 8532 and we were in 8534, and those doors did not open. In fact, they were welded shut.

Our friends were in 8532 and we were in 8534, and those doors did not open. In fact, they were welded shut.

How could that be if they market those cabins as connecting? Are you talking about the interior doors between the cabins or the divider between the verandas?

How could that be if they market those cabins as connecting? Are you talking about the interior doors between the cabins or the divider between the verandas?

I seem to recall that we couldn't open the verandah divider in 8532. The interior doors between the cabins do open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter