Wonder Baja Cruise October 8th 2017

disney4me31

Teresa
Welcome Aboard!!! This is my 3Rd cruise, but 1st on the Wonder. I've only been on the Dream, but my bucket list is to sail on ALL of them. I will be traveling with my husband and mom, who will be staying in the room next door to us. My husband will not know about this trip until Christmas. It's seems so far away. Hopefully, time will fly. We are interested in doing FE.

Last edited:
My almost 3 year old grandson asked my husband, aka "Papa", if he could go on the "Big Mickey Boat". Papa, of course, said yes...... First grandchild. So here we are. DH and I will be in a balcony cabin. Our Grandson, along with his mommy, daddy and new sister due September 2016 will be next door in an Oceanview cabin.

This will be Disney cruise #5 for me. We are looking forward to spending the whole 5 days on the ship and have no plans to disembark. We are Disney fans. I worked at Disneyland for 5 years, have had annual passes for decades and many WDW trips under my belt as well.
So happy that the Wonder is staying on the West Coast for a while after Alaska. Only a 90 minute drive to the port for us and and an hour for daughter and family.
Looking forward to watching this thread grow. Would love to participate in FE and Christmas Ornament exchange.

Hi there my name is Robin and I will be traveling with my DH (age during cruise (63), DS(21) and me (58) and BFF and her family. We are from San Diego :) We will be celebrating my DHs BD :) our other son may be in college so he may not be joining us but I will switch my ressie tomorrow and make sure my cabin is good for 4 :) just incase....

I had us booked on the Oct 22 cruise but my BFF has decided to cruise and can go on the 8th so I am changing my ressie. I started a thread on that date and had some stuff posted that I can share here.....

Since we don't have any roll call going yet or info hope its ok that I start it :) this way we can have it on the first page when people come to find us :)

Disney4me...You are a better secret keeper than me...I would have spilled the beans that very second I booked...lol....

disneydiane61....Great idea about the ornament exchange...I did that on a Disney Christmas cruise years ago and it was awesome! we did it separate from the FE...it was who ever wanted to exchange ornaments...we did it like a white Elephant exchange...but the ornaments were all knew or homemade :) I still put mine on my tree every year :) Im in for that for sure :) Wonder if maybe we did the same exchange together? when did you do yours? maybe we have sailed together before over the years?

So where is everyone? I looked elsewhere but no posts for this cruise anywhere else :)

Last edited:
WELCOME ABOARD EVERYONE :boat::boat::boat:
:welcome:
Disney Wonder San Diego to Baja for 5 Days of Sailing Oct. 08, 2017

We have reserved the next few pages for our group roll call, the FE list, and planned group activities (like meets, cabin crawls, and mixology ). As the group grows and with your help, I will keep these posts up to date with the most current information.

Day Port Guest Ashore Guest Onboard
1 San Diego, California - 4:00 PM
2 At Sea - -
3 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico* 8:30 AM 4:45 PM
4 At Sea - -
5 Ensenada, Mexico 9:15 AM 4:00 PM
6 San Diego, California 8:30 AM -

Here are a few links to some "trip reports" for this same 5 day itinerary...may help with some ideas :)

1. Wonder 5-night cruise from San Diego to Ensenada to Cabo
2. Back to Baja! Wonder Cruise Oct. 4th, 2015

Disney Cruise Line brings new experiences and enhancements to the Disney Wonder this Fall....
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-enhancements-to-the-disney-wonder-this-fall/

Last edited:

ROLL CALL

1. Disney4me31

2. disneydiane61

3."Got Disney" Robin 56, Billie 62(DH) Michael 19(DS)
Cabin # 2604
Dining: Late seating
From San Diego, Ca.

4. chgfan21 Diane(46) DH Jack(48) DS Trace(12) DS Zack(7)
Cabin #6133 and 6135
Dining:Main(early) seating

5. sarahbearra DS (11) DD (9) DD(6) DS(4) + parents
Dining: Late seating

6. sarahsmom02 Kelly (48), DH Sophia (11) --these are cruise date ages
Cabin #1074
Dining: Main (early) seating

7. Melinda Browning
Cabin # 6052
Dining: Late Seating

8. Candelario Camacho
Cabin# 6052
Dining: Late Seating

Last edited:
We just booked this cruise, our first Disney Cruise. We will have 4 of us, my 2 sons Zack (7) and Trace (12), and my husband, Jack(48) and me, Diane (46). We have two cabins next to each other. I have been reading about Disney Cruise and decided to take the plunge. We have cruised other lines, but not Disney. We are all excited to see what all the hype is about!!

I have also been reading about FE and would be interested in participating; sounds like so much fun!! Ornament exchange sounds fun too! Looking forward to meeting everyone.:mickeyjum

Totally excited about this cruise! This is our second Disney Cruise, both in October. It will be my husband and I and our four kids (DS 11, DD 9, DD 6, DS 4) as well as my parents. I'll have to look for our cabin numbers but we have late seating for dinner for now, but we may change that. We live in Cali and are looking forward to just being on the ship the entire time. Also very excited about all the new updates to The Wonder. We went on the Fantasy before and LOVED it! We really had fun with the FE and want to do that again.
Also, does anyone know if this will be a Halloween On The High Seas cruise?
Do we have a FaceBook group yet?

Last edited:
Totally excited about this cruise! This is our second Disney Cruise, both in October. It will be my husband and I and our four kids, as well as my parents. We live in Cali and are looking forward to just being on the ship the entire time. Also very excited about all the new updates to The Wonder. We went on the Fantasy before and LOVED it! We really had fun with the FE and want to do that again.

WELCOME ABOARD! yes this should be a HW on the high seas cruise unless they decide to stop it....as for the other question I cant answer that here so you will have to just look :magnify:

be sure if you can to get out at least in Cabo...you will love Cabo :)

where in Cali are you from? Im from La Mesa Ca....county of San Diego...just 20 minutes away from port :) so I can put down the info...can you please give names and ages at time of cruise...dining time, any celebrations...cabin numbers as well :) this will help with the FE ...

We just booked this cruise, our first Disney Cruise. We will have 4 of us, my 2 sons Zack (7) and Trace (12), and my husband, Jack(48) and me, Diane (46). We have two cabins next to each other. I have been reading about Disney Cruise and decided to take the plunge. We have cruised other lines, but not Disney. We are all excited to see what all the hype is about!!

I have also been reading about FE and would be interested in participating; sounds like so much fun!! Ornament exchange sounds fun too! Looking forward to meeting everyone.:mickeyjum

Hi Diane Welcome aboard! you will really enjoy the Disney cruise :) starting on the smaller ships is great because they are much more personable... where are you from? and what seating do you have? cabin #s as well for the FE....be prepares to never see your children the whole time...lol...they will make many friends the first day and you will fall in second place...we have always made it clear to our boys that they are to have diner with us every night...and excursions as well...otherwise the ship is yours....they have been cruising on DCL since they were little...Branden was 5 now 22 and Michael was was 2 and he is 19.....we cruise at least every 2 years or less.....we dont usually only do a 5 day cruise because it goes so fast but this time we are because it is out of SD and planning on going to Aulani come that June 7 months later....we will also hit Disneyland for a few days before the cruise to get our Disney on :)

so if there is anything that we can help you with let us know or anything that you want posted on the pages marked for this cruise let me know....Im not sure if the OP is still on this cruise so I posted pages for info for all of us to post and share....as I mentioned before I was on the 22nd date but my BFF decided to go so changed it to this date :)

Robin,

We are in cabins 6133 and 6135 and we are at the earlier seating. We currently live in Arizona, but both Jack and I grew up in Southern California. Jack grew up in El Cajon and I grew up in Rancho Cucamonga. We took our kids to Disney World in 2014 and our older son to DL when he was 4. Taking our kiddos to DL before the cruise is a great idea, if we can arrange to go, we will. Letting the kiddos run loose? We aren't used to that, but we will have to see what Disney brings. Our kids have loved the kids clubs on the other cruises. I am excited to get to know other families before the cruise, as we usually just go with us.

What is a mixology?? A pre-cruise meet would be fun, as long as it is just before the cruise, as we have a 7 hour drive to SD.

Glad to have such an expert handling the FE!!

Totally excited about this cruise! This is our second Disney Cruise, both in October. It will be my husband and I and our four kids, as well as my parents. We live in Cali and are looking forward to just being on the ship the entire time. Also very excited about all the new updates to The Wonder. We went on the Fantasy before and LOVED it! We really had fun with the FE and want to do that again.

What is Halloween On The High Seas cruise? What are we to expect?

What is Halloween On The High Seas cruise? What are we to expect?
Halloween On The High Seas is a Halloween themed out cruise. They decorate the ship and the characters dress up in their Halloween costumes. They have a Halloween trick or treating night and some spooky stories. They also have Nightmare Before Christmas sing along show. It's just some extra fun to celebrate the holiday. Our cruise last year left on Halloween day. My kids were able to wear their costumes several times. Our DIS group even set up a private trick-or-treat event in one of the lounges, my kids got so much candy, I didn't know what to do with it all.

WELCOME ABOARD! yes this should be a HW on the high seas cruise unless they decide to stop it....as for the other question I cant answer that here so you will have to just look :magnify:

be sure if you can to get out at least in Cabo...you will love Cabo :)

where in Cali are you from? Im from La Mesa Ca....county of San Diego...just 20 minutes away from port :) so I can put down the info...can you please give names and ages at time of cruise...dining time, any celebrations...cabin numbers as well :) this will help with the FE ...

We live in Big Bear, about 3 hours from you!
I'll add the rest of our info to my original post :)

Halloween On The High Seas is a Halloween themed out cruise. They decorate the ship and the characters dress up in their Halloween costumes. They have a Halloween trick or treating night and some spooky stories. They also have Nightmare Before Christmas sing along show. It's just some extra fun to celebrate the holiday. Our cruise last year left on Halloween day. My kids were able to wear their costumes several times. Our DIS group even set up a private trick-or-treat event in one of the lounges, my kids got so much candy, I didn't know what to do with it all.
That sounds like a ton of fun!! I am in for anything that will make the cruise a blast for all of us! I hope its a Halloween cruise! :joker:

Robin,

We are in cabins 6133 and 6135 and we are at the earlier seating. We currently live in Arizona, but both Jack and I grew up in Southern California. Jack grew up in El Cajon and I grew up in Rancho Cucamonga. We took our kids to Disney World in 2014 and our older son to DL when he was 4. Taking our kiddos to DL before the cruise is a great idea, if we can arrange to go, we will. Letting the kiddos run loose? We aren't used to that, but we will have to see what Disney brings. Our kids have loved the kids clubs on the other cruises. I am excited to get to know other families before the cruise, as we usually just go with us.

What is a mixology?? A pre-cruise meet would be fun, as long as it is just before the cruise, as we have a 7 hour drive to SD.

Glad to have such an expert handling the FE!!

A mixology is when a group of us get together and schedule our own private mixology class with a bartender in one of the bars...it is fun..we get to learn how to mix drinks and take turns doing them ourselves for everyone else ....its usually around $20 a person depending on how many want to do it.....they are small drinks but they pack a punch when your a light wt drinker like me...but it is fun...and it is just us and our family over 21) from this thread...no outsiders :)

A mixology is when a group of us get together and schedule our own private mixology class with a bartender in one of the bars...it is fun..we get to learn how to mix drinks and take turns doing them ourselves for everyone else ....its usually around $20 a person depending on how many want to do it.....they are small drinks but they pack a punch when your a light wt drinker like me...but it is fun...and it is just us and our family over 21) from this thread...no outsiders :)
That sounds like a blast!! We love to learn new drink recipes!! Count Jack and I in!!:stir:

very quiet in here....still over a year off however that has never stopped a thread from buzzing about the cruise :) sooo where is everyone...have not seen another thread anywhere for this cruise but here....except for what i have made.....interesting..

very quiet in here....still over a year off however that has never stopped a thread from buzzing about the cruise :) sooo where is everyone...have not seen another thread anywhere for this cruise but here....except for what i have made.....interesting..
I'll Buzz with ya!! What types of things do you suggest for the FE gifts? Is there a budget that people normally set? What is the typical group size? Do we plan for adult gifts too when there are kiddos in the cabin?

Hello, I just booked our cruise and am beyond excited!! My husband and I will be cruising with with our 12 year old and 3 year old daughters. We are crusing with two other families also.

Look forward to joining the FE group and any other groups that are set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter