• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder Alaska Cruise 9/2/2013

I noticed that, in looking at the DCL Personal Navigators from this summer's Alaska cruises (which should be strikingly similar to ours, except for the movie listings) that Disney's justly famous tastings classes-- mixology, martini, chocolates and champagne, mojito, tequila/marguita, rum, whiskeys--- will be offered the first at-sea day and the last at-sea day. THey are an amazingly low-cost ($20 for about 5 cocktails) and super fun over 21 class (and you learn a LOT!) held in the afternoons from about 1 until 5, each an hour or so.
Watch for them in your Navigator. :drinking1
It's a great way to continue your enjoyment of being with each other; if fact, on the longer 14 day cruises, often the DISboards group will ask for their own mixology or "Champagne Girls" class!!!! (Not this cruise though)

BE FOREWARNED though-- these classes and offerings by DCL fill quite quickly, so if you have an interest, see the Guest Services or call down to them on Monday just before or after we sail! :dance3:

We did the chocolate pairing. It was not full, maybe because it cost $30. A great deal really, if you like cognac as they served one that is $125 a serving at the bar. They also had a tasting of my favorite champagne, Tattinger, a Lasssiter Winery Cab, a nice port and maybe one more. It was was very good. The chocolate was very good too.

Signing up for some tastings is top on my list of things to do as soon as we board! Are the Palo resies taken at the same location or one where else?

Signing up for some tastings is top on my list of things to do as soon as we board! Are the Palo resies taken at the same location or one where else?

Hi, Ellester!:)
Both the Palo reservations and the Beverage Seminar pre-bookings for the week may be made on Deck 4 Midship at "Studio Sea" when you board from 12:30 until 3:30. Studio Sea is up on the balcony above the main atrium where you enter. After that time you may call on your wave phone (supplied in each stateroom) 7-6843 and leave a message. According to a the DCL Navigator from this summer, there are several offerings throughout the week, mostly on the two at-sea days (which makes sense). I believe there are eight or nine different offerings altogether! So much fun. Great when you can talk a few new friends to go with you! I'm very sure someone is willing... :rotfl2:

Thanks, Gramfrog! Glad they are in the same place. I don't know that we will do all the tastings, but I sure want to do a few!

I was talking to the kids the other day, telling them about the whale watching excursion we have booked in Juneau. Natalie, my 4 1/2 year old, told me "I am NOT going on that little boat to watch whales!" She proceeded to tell me that she would just stay on the ship by herself and wave to us from the balcony, where she could see whales just fine. If she gets tired, she said she would go inside and take a nap and if she gets hungry she will go find some food. Sounds like she has it all figured out! ;)

Thanks, Gramfrog! Glad they are in the same place. I don't know that we will do all the tastings, but I sure want to do a few!

I was talking to the kids the other day, telling them about the whale watching excursion we have booked in Juneau. Natalie, my 4 1/2 year old, told me "I am NOT going on that little boat to watch whales!" She proceeded to tell me that she would just stay on the ship by herself and wave to us from the balcony, where she could see whales just fine. If she gets tired, she said she would go inside and take a nap and if she gets hungry she will go find some food. Sounds like she has it all figured out! ;)
LOL :rotfl2::rotfl: That's a girl who will be going far! (no pun intended)
BTW, if you want an example of the DCL Personal Navigator which will be on your bed each night, here's the one from May of this year-- of course, the evening's entertainment and the movies will change somewhat.
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...ey-wonder-7-night-alaskan-cruise-may-27-2013/

Concerning signing up for Palo, dining rotation chgs etc., Ask the greeting CM when you come unboard where it is being done. In July it was in Diversions on 3.

Wow we leave in 5 days to head up to Vancouver and I have not even started packing! We are doing this cruise B2B with the vancouver to LA cruise. I'm worried about how much I need. Seems like we need to be prepared for all sorts of weather. We are doing the helicopter ride to a glacier with dog mushing. What type of shoes do we need for that? Not easy to pack snow boots. Do you think somehow we can manage this excursion with sneakers?? I've noticed so many families with twins coming on this cruise! Awesome! We have 5 year old twin boys. Can't wait to see some of you on the ship! Oh and does anyone know where to buy alcohol in Vancouver :)

Wow we leave in 5 days to head up to Vancouver and I have not even started packing! We are doing this cruise B2B with the vancouver to LA cruise. I'm worried about how much I need. Seems like we need to be prepared for all sorts of weather. We are doing the helicopter ride to a glacier with dog mushing. What type of shoes do we need for that? Not easy to pack snow boots. Do you think somehow we can manage this excursion with sneakers?? I've noticed so many families with twins coming on this cruise! Awesome! We have 5 year old twin boys. Can't wait to see some of you on the ship! Oh and does anyone know where to buy alcohol in Vancouver :)

Canada Place, were the cruise ship terminal is, has a few shops in the check-in area. I believe there is alcohol sold there. If not, you are only a block or two a way from a number of shops. There is a BCLiquor store in Harbour Center, near the pier. Harbour Center is on Hastings around Seymour St., just look up for the look out tower that is part of the building. If you are coming in through the airport, there is the duty free shops.

Canada Place, were the cruise ship terminal is, has a few shops in the check-in area. I believe there is alcohol sold there. If not, you are only a block or two a way from a number of shops. There is a BCLiquor store in Harbour Center, near the pier. Harbour Center is on Hastings around Seymour St., just look up for the look out tower that is part of the building. If you are coming in through the airport, there is the duty free shops.

Don't forget that Monday, September 2, is also a holiday in Canada-- Labour Day. The shops may be closed, so get your liquor where you can, or buy it Sunday.

Hi FE'ers...i have added our room number to the list...yay! Out of delinquency now right? :)
:cheer2:

If you'd like to copy these, and adjust the size, you can get them off my Flicker page, http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmvandy/

9601406033_6308b4c176_b.jpg

9601413171_ce82e4d185_b.jpg

9604648712_cb93008c6c_b.jpg

Thank you for the info!! We are coming through the airport so I am thinking that will be the easier way to go.

Thank you for the info!! We are coming through the airport so I am thinking that will be the easier way to go.

What time are you flying in, and from what airline? I see your in California, are you coming in on Monday? We are flying in Monday, on West Jet, get in at about 10:30. In July, once we got off the plane we had to wait in a pretty long line to go through customs, which is right before you go into the luggage area. After you pickup your luggage there is another line to give a customs guy your stamped forms. If you have DCL transfers, from there we checked in with the cruiseline, all of them have their desks over by the exit. You give them your checked luggage and proceed to the outside where you wait in line to get on the next available bus. It is a good 30 minute ride to the pier. Where you get to wait in line to check-in.

I'm not sure how you get to the airport shops from the luggage area. The Pan Pacific hotel is just upstairs from the ship terminal and there are shops all around, a really easy walk. You might call Pan Pacific and ask about a store that is close.

We went for haircuts this morning. Since Bob was going thought I'd get a trim to clean it up. OMG - I'll be the one wearing the hat. Since when does "trim" mean 4 inches? Of course men don't seen to understand, even after 40 years, that "it'll grow out in a month or two" isn't a helpful response to "how bad is it?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter