Wonder Alaska Cruise 9/2/2013

Lauren, I added our info to the FE list a few days ago..can u just confirm we are on there?
Thanks!

Hello
I have a favor to ask. We were on they july 22 cruise.. my daughter wanted the minnie mouse alaska plush.. we waited to long and they sold out. Is there anyone willing to buy and ill pay plus shipping. My daughter was heartbroken and her birthday is coming up. If so can you message me..
I would really appreciate it.. It would make my daughters bdsy
Thanks
Tammy

Hello
I have a favor to ask. We were on they july 22 cruise.. my daughter wanted the minnie mouse alaska plush.. we waited to long and they sold out. Is there anyone willing to buy and ill pay plus shipping. My daughter was heartbroken and her birthday is coming up. If so can you message me..
I would really appreciate it.. It would make my daughters bdsy
Thanks
Tammy
I will so totally do it for you! Tell me where (on the ship? In the kids' shop Mickey's Mates, where the stuffed animals are?) and if she comes in more than one size. I need to buy one for someone who was on the EBTA13 with us, so I can certainly buy two of them if they still have them. It will be my pleasure.

Wow! Only our second cruise and I get to start the thread. We loved our first cruise on the Disney Wonder to the Mexican Rivera we just had to sign up for another one. We are so excited that I will go ahead and throw out there that I would love to start an FE group for this cruise. The kids loved getting gifts in their Fish Extender everyday. Already thinking up some great ideas so come on and join in. If it gets too big we can always break it into two groups.

Look Forward to seeing old friends (whom we met on previous cruise) and meeting new ones.:cool1:
Hi.
We are going on the Alaskan cruise. First cruise. We have no idea about the FE - could someone explain?

Hi.
We are going on the Alaskan cruise. First cruise. We have no idea about the FE - could someone explain?

Welcome! :cheer2::cheer2: Glad you could join us! We have an active Facebook page with a lot more info on it. I believe the FE is now closed-- Lauren can let you know. An FE is an activity where you buy or make small "gifts" for each person who signed up on the list, and you put them in their FE extender by their door. FE stands for Fish Extender, and it a series of pockets meant to hang from the metal fish clip by your cabin door ; an idea sort of like Christmas stockings.
We also have a Meet-N-Greet planned for the first afternoon, and a PJ Breakfast for the first morning at sea. LMK if you do not have a Facebook page access, and I'll send you a Personal Navigator we compiled for this group with all the info. Otherwise, it's under "Files" on the group's f\Facebook page found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/424369520956708/ ask to join the page and we'll make sure you're on!!! pixiedust:

Hi

Just a heads up for late bookers like us, there are a few Palo brunch openings showing for the first sea day Sept 3.

We were able to snag an 11:00am.

Very excited, brunch is our favorite.

Hi

Just a heads up for late bookers like us, there are a few Palo brunch openings showing for the first sea day Sept 3.

We were able to snag an 11:00am.

Very excited, brunch is our favorite.

Just checked all sea days and they are all sold out for brunch and dinner. I am planning on heading to
get a brunch resie as soon as we board.

Recipe Exchange will be closed end of day 8-18-13. If anyone is interested in joining, let me know ASAP. Recipe Exchange List as of 8/12/13, 15 or 16 participants

Number / DISName / FaceBook Name / Cabin Number
1. ? / Tara Bullard / 8046
2. Mollymouse / Molly Davidson / VGT
3. Mareeld86 + Tecomagirl / Lauren Dykes & Chris Dykes / 6632 joint or individual participants?
4. Bferg / Beka Ferguson / VGT
5. ? / Nanette Foster / 5624
6. ? / Sigris Lopez / 7507
7. Yukongirl123 / Janice Moor / 2129
8. Myhrt2themouse / Stacey Nolan / 5632
9. Ibmickey/ Michelle Pickard / 7134
10. Fairygrandmother / Magie Pickard / 7134
11. Ellester / Ellen English Pillar / 6544 + 6546
12. gramfrog / Jacquie McCarron Skurla / VGT
13. plselv / Pam Smythe / 6038
14. brianvdb / Leina VanDenBroeke / VGT
15. Valbob89 / Valerie Vanderheiden / VGT

Good morning! I realize that there are several cruisers here who are not on the Facebook page, and I wanted you to be able to have input to the 20 page Personal Navigator for this Alaska cruise. Since it is still in correctible mode, I will have to email it to you instead of posting here (has last names, etc). If you'd like a copy, please PM me and I'll shoot it right over to you! You can also sign up or get info on the Meet-n-Greet, PJ Breakfast, or other events by PM'ing me. Thanks! :lovestruc

I currently have four DISboard users without last names, for whom I've made ID inserts/plastic tag holders. (Last names do NOT appear on the names tags; this is a housekeeping item) So if Bob and Dale; Paula, Ruben, and Megan; Tim David, Sue, and Paul; and Fareed, Yash, Eliza, and Rayna are still planning on going on the cruise, could you PM me with last names (or a group last name) so your tags can be in alphabetical order for distribution? Thanks! They will be available at the Meet-n-Greet and the PJ Breakfast (both open to all). Thanks! :cool1:

Hey Gramfrog,

We are still on for our cruise and the FE, but I can't pm u as I don't have enough posts? If you want to email me, I can reply back, my email is my username @hotmail.com:)

Hey Gramfrog,

We are still on for our cruise and the FE, but I can't pm u as I don't have enough posts? If you want to email me, I can reply back, my email is my username @hotmail.com:)

Just emailed you! LMK if you haven't received it.
As a newbie on DISboards, :scared1:all you need to do is post a few times one right after the other and you'll be up to your ten or so that you need to post to be able to PM someone! Start right now on this post-- one about how many cruises you've been on, one about port excursions you hope to book, or have booked, one asking if kids you children's ages will be on board, one with questions you wish to ask others about FE gifts, or what a GTY is, or transportation, or hotels in Vancouver, or sights to see, or.... Just shoot them off, one after another. That's how many people finally make their ten postings so that they can fully use the boards!:dance3:

9523002389_bdeeb23095.jpg

Recipe Exchange -- Last Chance

The Recipe Exchange sign-up will close at the end of day Sunday, 8-18-13. Come and join in the fun.

The recipe can be any one you would like to share; it might be a family favorite recipe or a recipe from your part of the country/world. Recipe can be on a recipe card, local postcard, a plain piece of paper or anything else you creative people might come up with.

Nanette Foster suggests that everyone put their names and room numbers on the recipe. That way we can remember who they came from and also have their room number in case it has changed since the original list.

If you participate, you will give and receive useful souvenirs that cost little to create and take up minimal luggage space. Each time you use them -- or even sort through your collection for the night's meal -- they will evoke memories of your cruise and the wonderful people you have met.

You don't have to be in the Fish Extender Exchange to join in - I will note who is not participating in the FE exchange so people know there may not be a Fish Extender at your door and that it is ok to place the cards directly in the Fish Holder (they are built to hold letters, etc., anyway).

So far we have 7 people taking part. You can send me a FB message, DISboard PM or e-mail at rmvandy@aol.com to provide me with your name, cabin number, and if you have one, your DISboard name. Also, tell me if you are not participating in the FE Exchange.

Number / DISName / Face Book Name / Cabin Number
1. ? / Tara Bullard / 8046
2. Mollymouse / Molly Davidson / VGT
3. Mareeld86 + Tecomagirl / Lauren Dykes & Chris Dykes / 6632 joint or individual participants?
4. Bferg / Beka Ferguson / VGT
5. ? / Nanette Foster / 5624 Not in FE exchange
6. Boridivabelle / Sigris Lopez / 7507
7. Yukongirl123 / Janice Moor / 2129
8. Myhrt2themouse / Stacey Nolan / 5632
9. Ibmickey/ Michelle Pickard / 7134 Not in FE exchange
10. Fairygrandmother / Magie Pickard / 7134 Not in FE exchange
11. Ellester / Ellen English Pillar / 6544 + 6546 Not in FE exchange
12. gramfrog / Jacquie McCarron Skurla / VGT Not in FE exchange
13. ? / Kristin Skurla Holm / VGT Not in FE exchange
14. plselv / Pam Smythe / 6038
15. brianvdb / Leina VanDenBroeke / VGT
16. Valbob89 / Valerie Vanderheiden / VGT
17. DLRPfan.be / Vande Walle Family / 2066 Not in FE exchange
Dirk, Tine, Manon
18. Scottjm / McAllister Family / 7532 Not in FE exchange
Scott & Susan

I cannot believe that we head to Vancouver just two weeks from tomorrow! We may have an adjustment as my mom, who is the whole reason we are taking this trip (to celebrate her 70th birthday in Sept.) fell today on her newly replaced knee. She sees the doctor next week but she really is wondering if she will be able to go. :( Any prayers you could send our way would be appreciated.

~Ellen

Ellen

Sending good thoughts and prayers for your mom's quick recovery and ability to come on the trip with you. val

Does anyone know if the pools are heated? I don't recall, but that was probably because I did not care - we were in the Caribbean. But in Alaska, it seems like it might be nice. Of course, the hot tubs area, but I am talking about the main pool (not adult or kiddie).

Does anyone know if the pools are heated? I don't recall, but that was probably because I did not care - we were in the Caribbean. But in Alaska, it seems like it might be nice. Of course, the hot tubs area, but I am talking about the main pool (not adult or kiddie).

In July they were in the 80's. DCL announces the temp of the pools on the tv. The pools were not crowded, but many took advantage of the blankets they make available in the towel cabinets. Also the spiked coffee and hot chocolate drinks offered in the Cove and LookOut.

I just read the Personal Navigator and got my answer: Yes, when the temp falls below 75. Thanks for the Personal Navigator!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter