Wonder Alaska Cruise 9/2/2013

Please take us off the list, turns out we will be on the May 27 instead as prices dropped.

Might still be on the 9/9 repo. Time will tell.

Wow. What a dynamic group. Lots of ins and outs. We certainly hope to make it on this trip. We do have issues too. My DH is not an American citizen. He is a legal alien (our kids often think he is just an alien. Well he let his Finnish passport expire. I guess after being here for 19 years he just didn't think about it. Anyway he was left with the choice of having to go to New York to the embassy to renew his passport or apply for citizenship. He took the road to become an American. Now we are in government red tape limbo. If we don't have a passport in hand by PIF day we will reschedule for next year so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Hi everyone! My name is Tiffany and I am so excited to be going to Alaska! I will be sailing with my mom and a friend who lives in England. Like Ellester above, it is to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday.

I have not posted here since my orriginal post back in July of 2012. we are still going on this cruise. I am Magie a semi retired ICU nurse. I will be taking my granddaughters on a cruise on the Carnival Magic in June (only because Disney leaves Galveston befor shcool lets out). It will be for Bethanie's graduaton from high school. Her sister Caitlin will be 13 and Bethanie is 18. Both of their previous cruises have been on Disney. For this cruise there will be only adults, Michelle (Ibmickey1) is my oldest daughter, and her partner Chris. Michelle and I have been on 5 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder and Dream. I don't know yet weather we will join the FE group I would like to but may not be able to because of bagage limits. We now only have a few months to wait and I am getting excited, and have started to plan what I will be taking with me. We are also trying to decide just what we will be doing while we are in the ports. What is everyone else going to be doing on the shore excursions. I do know that we want to do some whale watching. What will everyone else be doing? Sorry this is so long but when you post only onec in 8 months you sometimes feel that you need to explain yourself.

Well, Alaskan cruisers, I have practically guaranteed us good weather. I got a Land's End down jacket on clearance at Sears. Starting price, around $160, marked down to $88 and then another 40% ( I think, it may have been 50%) off, making the final cost only $48!!!

I wanted a warm jacket, but as I live in California, didn't want to spend a lot of money.

We're moving to Georgia and probably building a house, so we've cancelled our fall cruises.

We are enjoying a quiet Easter at home. My 9yo son is getting over the flu so we had to do split shifts for Mass this morning so someone could stay with him. The bunny did manage to find us so the candy is abounding!

I hope to book our flights this week. We were waiting on some medical tests on my mom that came back good so we can commence with the serious planning! My dad and step-mom took a Princess cruise to Alaska the same week last year. They said there were all kinds of deals in the ports since it was the last week for the ships in Alaska and everyone was trying to clear out their inventory. Hoping for some good deals! My stepmom also loaned me the rain coat she bought in Alaska. She is a native Floridian and said the jacket was perfect for the weather so I think I am good to go there.

We're moving to Georgia and probably building a house, so we've cancelled our fall cruises.

Sorry you are canceling, but it sounds like an exciting move is in your future! Spring is here in Georgia, the pollen is flying!

Almost a month since everyone has posted? What is everyone up to over Easter??

We went for 3 days to Venice, Italy... just came back, and now we start planning our shore excusions. Anyone else already started planning their shore excursions?

It is with a heavy heart that I let you know we too have canceled our Alaskan cruise. :sad1: On a bright note we re-booked for an Eastern Caribbean for 2014. I hope you all have a fantastic trip.

Well I though I had better say hello, seeing I will be cruising in September.
I must say I am a little excited to be going to Alaska for my first ever cruise and to be able to enjoy it with my daughter and her boyfriend is even more special.
Hopefully I will be able to meet a few of you on the cruise and say hello.
:wave2:

Hey Everyone,

It seems we have had a lot of people leave this cruise and I'm not sure who is heading up the FE anymore. I have started a list but it has gotten a little confusing so if you are interested in participating in the FE could you PM with the names and ages of people in your stateroom/group and also your stateroom number if you have it.

Thanks Lauren

Hi everyone, we will be joining you on Sept. 2nd. My mother (fairygodmother) myself and my partner Chris. We are flying in to Seattle on the 31st and driving to Vancouver and staying at the Pan Pacific on the 1st. Hopefully we will get to do a little site seeing.
I have booked a whale watching tour with Harv and Marv in Juneau. :yay:. But we have not decided what else we want to do yet. Must get that done soon since we can start booking our excursions in a few weeks.
Not sure if we will be doing FE this time may need the luggage room since I am thinking about bringing 2 cameras and telephoto lens. :confused3. I know it is a little much but this is a once in a lifetime trip for us.

What excursions are the rest of you thinking doing?

G'Day and greeting from Oz
We too are joining Brad, Suella and our 14 year old son
3rd time on the Wonder and starting to get excited

Hi everyone, we will be joining you on Sept. 2nd. My mother (fairygodmother) myself and my partner Chris. We are flying in to Seattle on the 31st and driving to Vancouver and staying at the Pan Pacific on the 1st. Hopefully we will get to do a little site seeing.
I have booked a whale watching tour with Harv and Marv in Juneau. :yay:. But we have not decided what else we want to do yet. Must get that done soon since we can start booking our excursions in a few weeks.
Not sure if we will be doing FE this time may need the luggage room since I am thinking about bringing 2 cameras and telephoto lens. :confused3. I know it is a little much but this is a once in a lifetime trip for us.

Welcome, Cant wait to meet everyone :) We are closing the FE a month out so If you decide you want to join just let me know :)

What excursions are the rest of you thinking doing?

G'Day and greeting from Oz
We too are joining Brad, Suella and our 14 year old son
3rd time on the Wonder and starting to get excited

Welcome to some More Aussies :)
TecomaGirl (Chris) and myself (lauren) as well as my boyfriend ricky will be cruising as well and we are all from Australia.

Tecomagirl lives in Tecoma Victoria and Ricky and I live in Brighton Tasmania.

Where will you be travelling from?

Are you interested in participating in the FE?

Talks soon:cool1:

Also please join our Facebook group if you wish?? http://www.facebook.com/groups/424369520956708/

Hello all!
I've got a party of five joining for the Alaska adventure. Myself, boyfriend, my daughter, my mother, and her best friend. Anyone have any "teenagers" from 18-21 going? My daughter is worried that she is now too old for the teen club but too young to do anything else. This is cruise number 8 for most of us in my group. Also staying at the Pan Pacific!

Just made the final payment!
Now I can't wait to book a few fun port adventures!pirate:

JonK

Hello all!
I've got a party of five joining for the Alaska adventure. Myself, boyfriend, my daughter, my mother, and her best friend. Anyone have any "teenagers" from 18-21 going? My daughter is worried that she is now too old for the teen club but too young to do anything else. This is cruise number 8 for most of us in my group. Also staying at the Pan Pacific!

Our daughter will be 18, and we're also staying at the Pan Pacific....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter