• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder Alaska Cruise 9/2/2013

Hey everyone!

This will be my second DC and my fiance's / husband's first. I was supposed to go on this same cruise last year but things fell apart. I'm so incredibly excited to go on my missed cruise for my honeymoon!!!

We are from Casper, WY and can't wait :love:

Hey everyone!

This will be my second DC and my fiance's / husband's first. I was supposed to go on this same cruise last year but things fell apart. I'm so incredibly excited to go on my missed cruise for my honeymoon!!!

:wizard: WOO HOO! Welcome aboard:wizard:

Hey everyone!

Super small world. We are from Green River, WY. Welcome aboard :)

LemonPie said:
Super small world. We are from Green River, WY. Welcome aboard :)

Thank you! So much, all that I've learned from my last cruise is that no one knows where Wyoming is until you say Yellowstone. We are actually getting married over in Cokeville when my fiancé is from :-)

Thank you! So much, all that I've learned from my last cruise is that no one knows where Wyoming is until you say Yellowstone. We are actually getting married over in Cokeville when my fiancé is from :-)

I lived in Europe for about 6 years and every time I tried to explain where I was from People would say "Oh Miami" and I would say "no like where the cowboys are" and they would say "Oh John Wayne" and I would say "yes" and they would say "you live in Miami with John Wayne?" Seriously every time. I also work in a chemistry lab at a trona mine/ soda ash refinery. After 15 years of nursing I needed a change. Chemistry is fun.

Wow! Only our second cruise and I get to start the thread. We loved our first cruise on the Disney Wonder to the Mexican Rivera we just had to sign up for another one. We are so excited that I will go ahead and throw out there that I would love to start an FE group for this cruise. The kids loved getting gifts in their Fish Extender everyday. Already thinking up some great ideas so come on and join in. If it gets too big we can always break it into two groups.

Look Forward to seeing old friends (whom we met on previous cruise) and meeting new ones.:cool1:

Im sorry Fresno, I didnt see that you had said you would host the fish exchange. your more than welcome to host it i must have missed that :)

Wow! Only our second cruise and I get to start the thread. We loved our first cruise on the Disney Wonder to the Mexican Rivera we just had to sign up for another one. We are so excited that I will go ahead and throw out there that I would love to start an FE group for this cruise. The kids loved getting gifts in their Fish Extender everyday. Already thinking up some great ideas so come on and join in. If it gets too big we can always break it into two groups.

Look Forward to seeing old friends (whom we met on previous cruise) and meeting new ones.:cool1:

Hey Fresno Family! We live in Clovis! What are the ages of your children? I have 5 yr old twin boys. I don't know much about fish extenders. HOw do I find out the details? We did our first Disney cruise last month and didn't participate. Thinking it might be fun for Alaska...

LemonPie said:
I lived in Europe for about 6 years and every time I tried to explain where I was from People would say "Oh Miami" and I would say "no like where the cowboys are" and they would say "Oh John Wayne" and I would say "yes" and they would say "you live in Miami with John Wayne?" Seriously every time. I also work in a chemistry lab at a trona mine/ soda ash refinery. After 15 years of nursing I needed a change. Chemistry is fun.

Which trona company do you work for. I'm a project manager with Energy Labs and I was even down in Rock Springs last night for the monthly SME meeting at Ted's Supper Club. The presentation was on rare earth metals in the devils tower area.

GOOD Morning, Happy CRuisers!

Hey Fresno Family! We live in Clovis! What are the ages of your children? I have 5 yr old twin boys. I don't know much about fish extenders. HOw do I find out the details? We did our first Disney cruise last month and didn't participate. Thinking it might be fun for Alaska...

There are whole threads on the cruise main board explaining Fish extenders, how to make them, and what to put in them! One lady even made hers out of duct tape. It was CUTE.

Which trona company do you work for. I'm a project manager with Energy Labs and I was even down in Rock Springs last night for the monthly SME meeting at Ted's Supper Club. The presentation was on rare earth metals in the devils tower area.

You guys are singing my song! I finished my career as a "chemist" - and I use the term loosely because what I really did was "cook" - but it netted me 3 patents and I didn't blow anything up in the process, so I guess I could call myself a chemist:lmao: The book on my bedside table right now is "Uncle Tungston" by Oliver Sacks.

My DH will be interested in talking to you Wyoming folks - especially if you SKI. HE knows where it is,;)

That's the same reaction we get when we say we're from New York. Everyone instantly visualizes the skyscrapers of New York City. But where we're from it's rolling green hills, slow rivers and mountains in the back ground.

Happy Day, all!

I work for OCI. We send stuff to Energy Labs quite a bit but usually to Billings. Net time you are close let me know we could do coffee or something.

"You guys are singing my song! I finished my career as a "chemist" - and I use the term loosely because what I really did was "cook" - but it netted me 3 patents and I didn't blow anything up in the process, so I guess I could call myself a chemist The book on my bedside table right now is "Uncle Tungston" by Oliver Sacks.

My DH will be interested in talking to you Wyoming folks - especially if you SKI. HE knows where it is,

That's the same reaction we get when we say we're from New York. Everyone instantly visualizes the skyscrapers of New York City. But where we're from it's rolling green hills, slow rivers and mountains in the back ground.

Happy Day, all!"

I have family in Cicero so I understand New York too. We don't ski, we camp and hike. :)

We're onboard for AK on 9/2 and want to participate in the FE, hubby & me. This will be our 2nd FE experience. The first was great fun. My first AK experience as well, and I'm reeellly looking forward to it. :wave2:

We haven't skied since New Year's Eve 2011 going in to 2012 but we definitely know where to go and where to avoid! I personally use the term ski very loosely as I'm a much better faller than Tyson is a snowboarder or I am a skier. His little brothers though are an entirely different story though doing tricks and everything hahaha!

Hi everyone! I am SO excited to be able to officially post on this thread! We are sailing on the Wonder to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday this September. She wanted to take her grandkids on a trip they would never forget!!! It will be my mom, myself, my DH, our three daughters (15, 12, & 4 at sailing), and our son (9 at sailing). I can't wait! We have cruised on Carnival but never on Disney and never on the west coast. I've applied to the FB group as well. Looking forward to all the planning we have ahead!!!

~Ellen

My DW Melissa (57) and I (Jon 57) are excited to sail with you all. This will be are 3rd DCL trip.
I just booked the air and hotel for this vacation. We are flying in Sunday and spending the night at the Marriott Pinnacle only a few blocks away from the port.
I can't wait for school to end and the start again, as that is when we can start this cruise!

JonK

Welcome aboard! I wonder if we met on last months EBPC?

I think I'll start a list of B2B cruisers!

Can you add me to that list?

I know where Wyoming is and have driven through parts of it.

Waiting until the deposit is made on Sunday, but fairly sure I am doing this one with hubby (NWDad) Kevin

If anyone has Seattle questions have you seen:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2838598

For Vancouver:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2283011&highlight=vancouver

Looking forward to meeting everyone
Skye

I figured it out! :cool1: I have set up a facebook group for us and named it the "Wonderful Alaskan Adventurers" The link is below. I belive you go to the page and request to be added. If that doesn't work I can add you. Just let me know. This way we can all get to know one another over the next year and we can more easily manage our FE group and group meets and so on.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/424369520956708/

I just clicked to join the FB group. Please count us in (hubby & me, seniorish couple traveling without children). We'd like to be part of the FE. Really looking forward to the cruise, great fun & some Alaskan sights. Closing in on 10 DCL cruises real soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter