• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder Alaska Cruise 9/2/2013

We'd like to join the FE
We just got back from the Mexican Riviera and had to book Alaska immediately to fight of the post cruise blues!:rotfl2:
Liz (Adult):hippie:
Elaine (Adult):santa:
This will be my 2nd Alaskan cruise. I went this year with Elaine's entire family while she had to work!:(

Dropping in to say :wave2:

My partner (rabidmarmot) and I will be on this sailing. Another couple, our 7 night cruising buddies, will be along as well. No first time DCL/cruisers but the itinerary is new.

Looking forward to being back on the classic ships since our last visit was the Wonder in Feb 2011 for MR.

See you around!

Hi... We are booked for this cruise as well, and so excited to see someone willing to take on the FE project--whoo hoo!!! Thank you, Count is in!!

This will be my 3rd Disney Cruise, last one was to Mexico with BowlerHatGirl (aka: sister). Traveling in our family is myself (42), DH (45), and my sister and bro in law.

Looking forward to making new friends, Merry Christmas all and see ya soon!

Just sent a request via FB my name is Stacey Nolan and looking forward to meeting everyone and participating in the FE fun.

We are also booked on this cruise and have just put down the deposit for the Vancouver-LA immediately following it.

Its me - Paula (39 by the time we cruise), my partner Robert (same age) and my Mum, Marian (lets just say she's a senior ;) )

We live in New Zealand and I think these will be cruises 6&7 for us.

Count us in for the FE gifts.

We just booked this cruise yesterday! We were on the repositioning cruise on Sept 9 and were coming up a few days earlier and then thought, why not take two more days and do Alaska to LA B2B? Cannot WAIT!

I will have DW and DS(15) and DD(12) with me.

Hello to everyone new. It is good to have you with us. My family and are are really getting excited. :woohoo: Really not long untill the "must be paid in full" date. We will have to really decide on our shore excursions soon. :scratchin tough decisions. again welcome aboard. Lemonpie; AKA Wendy

Hi Everyone! We just put down a deposit on this cruise and the re-positioning one to LA right after. We just got back from LA to Miami thru the Panama Canal last month. That was our first Disney Cruise and we had such a wonderful time!!! I had to get us booked on another for 2013. We have 5 year old twin boys and look forward to meeting some of you. I've been hearing about the FE exchange. What exactly is this and how do you participate?

I also wonder if there will be less children on this cruise since it's in Sept when most children have started school. To be honest the panama canal was was nice b/c there were only 350 children so the club/lab were not crowded and my kids got a lot of attention from the staff and characters. I hear most Disney cruises during the summer and on breaks have up to 900 children? That seems like a lot!

Welcome aboard! I wonder if we met on last months EBPC?

We were on last month's EBPC! :cool1: Linda, do you know if the non-Disney evening entertainment will be the same on the WBPC as the EPBC? While onboard, I asked Christian, but he didn't seem to know.

I'm betting it won't. There was certainly no resemblance between the EBPC and the Hawaii.

The constants are probably crew talent show, Dreams, & Toy Story. There's always some kind of piano player in the Cadillac lounge, Some kind of 'wedding singers' covering the promenade and general stuff, some kind of magician / vetriloquest/ juggler

I don't think they know from one day to the next what the entertainment schedule is going to be beyond the lecture series and the cooking demos.

However, I DO know they listen to customer requests as far as they can for day to day stuff like animation classes and crafty classes.

EARLY DINING - if you changed your reservation after signing up - please send me the new one!!! (Thanks Kelly, for reminding me!)

I'm betting it won't. There was certainly no resemblance between the EBPC and the Hawaii.

The constants are probably crew talent show, Dreams, & Toy Story. There's always some kind of piano player in the Cadillac lounge, Some kind of 'wedding singers' covering the promenade and general stuff, some kind of magician / vetriloquest/ juggler

I don't think they know from one day to the next what the entertainment schedule is going to be beyond the lecture series and the cooking demos.

However, I DO know they listen to customer requests as far as they can for day to day stuff like animation classes and crafty classes.

Oops! I thought I posted on the WBPC thread. Sorry! :rotfl: Thanks for the info, Linda! :) I was thinking of taking my parents on the WBPC, so I wondered about what differences to expect. I'll get on the correct thread next time. :blush:

Hi Everyone! We just put down a deposit on this cruise and the re-positioning one to LA right after. We just got back from LA to Miami thru the Panama Canal last month. That was our first Disney Cruise and we had such a wonderful time!!! I had to get us booked on another for 2013. We have 5 year old twin boys and look forward to meeting some of you. I've been hearing about the FE exchange. What exactly is this and how do you participate?

I also wonder if there will be less children on this cruise since it's in Sept when most children have started school. To be honest the panama canal was was nice b/c there were only 350 children so the club/lab were not crowded and my kids got a lot of attention from the staff and characters. I hear most Disney cruises during the summer and on breaks have up to 900 children? That seems like a lot!

Welcome! I think it will be interesting to see how many there are like us. We love the idea of Alaska to LA!

We were on the EBPC too,and we're seriously considering the Alaska to LA repo. We're also seriously thinking about canceling our transatlantic cruise due to a variety of scheduling and other issues, and replacing it with a 9 day Bermuda/Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas in late April or early May. They sail out of Cape Liberty, which is about 45 minutes from home, and will solve some of the scheduling problems. The balance of the money saved will go right onto the Alaska cruise!

Beth

Sorry to say that we're backing out of this one guys. I hope everyone has a great cruise!! :goodvibes

We were on the EBPC too,and we're seriously considering the Alaska to LA repo. We're also seriously thinking about canceling our transatlantic cruise due to a variety of scheduling and other issues, and replacing it with a 9 day Bermuda/Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas in late April or early May. They sail out of Cape Liberty, which is about 45 minutes from home, and will solve some of the scheduling problems. The balance of the money saved will go right onto the Alaska cruise!

Beth

I am sure you have your reasons, but the EBTA was our favorite cruise of all. So much time on the ship! Fabulous, not crowded, the crew seemed to really enjoy the change too. We were hoping there was a WBTA this year, but there is not.

Well, we did have to cancel our transatlantic on Magic, but were able to book a transatlantic on Adventure of the Seas, which sails on 4/21 from San Juan heading for Southampton. It makes stops at St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Bart's, St. Lucia and the Azores, so we'll be busy!

We still plan on joining you for this cruise!

Beth

Any suggestions on where to stay in Vancouver?? Is there a place near the port or a hotel that does transfers? Getting excited. Part of the fun is the anticipation and knowing you are going! =)

The Alaska excursion thread recommended the Pan Pacific and there's one other one right at the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter