wonder 6154 and gluten free

This room only sleeps 3 so there is a convertible couch and a queen bed. And I've never heard any one travel GTY in a HA storeroom. Of course I'm so anal about making sure our accommodations are exactly what we need that I've never even tried.

Sometimes people will book an H/C room, with the promise to forward the medical form to DCL. If the medical form never gets sent to DCL, and they have another family who has needs AND the form, they will move the family without the medical form to a different room, allowing the ones with actual needs to have the H/C room. But...they don't do this until basically the last minute.

It just dawned on me that the OP has 4 family members and 6154 only sleep 3. I hope they don't run into a problem when they get to the port.

Sometimes people will book an H/C room, with the promise to forward the medical form to DCL. If the medical form never gets sent to DCL, and they have another family who has needs AND the form, they will move the family without the medical form to a different room, allowing the ones with actual needs to have the H/C room. But...they don't do this until basically the last minute.

My wife booked it through a useless TA (long story), nothing has ever been mentioned about a forum to fill out. We found a copy of one via another thread, but we called DCL and asked about the room number and they said it will be assigned around 30 days out. Kinda like your standard GTY, right?

So here is another question, since she is book with four in her party, eventhough two are kids, they would NOT give her this room, she would have to have one with a pull down bed, right?

Looks as if you have your questions answered aout the room; you even got a video....:goodvibes:thumbsup2
As far as GF; no worries. DCL has this down to a science. Between Wheat allergies, Celiac Disease and Our little :littleangel::littleangel: with Autism on "the diet"; they see a LOT of GF cases. You will have no worries and enjoy your vacation. Congrats on your Getaway!:thumbsup2

My wife booked it through a useless TA (long story), nothing has ever been mentioned about a forum to fill out. We found a copy of one via another thread, but we called DCL and asked about the room number and they said it will be assigned around 30 days out. Kinda like your standard GTY, right?

So here is another question, since she is book with four in her party, eventhough two are kids, they would NOT give her this room, she would have to have one with a pull down bed, right?

Calling Guest Services is a crap shoot. You'll get many different answers from each individual you talk to. The room should have only been booked for a maximum of 3 people. I have no idea how it could have been booked for four. So you're correct, she will have to be moved to a room that sleeps 4, regardless of age.
As for the H/C issue....I think I'd said before, IF someone turns up at any time....even the day OF the cruise, with actual needs for an H/C room, they WILL move the people in one of those rooms, if they don't have the form on file....and sometimes, even if you have a form sent in, they may ask people to move around.
My parents had an accessible room that slept 4 one time. They were asked the week before the cruise to move to an accessible room that only slept 3 people, since there was a family of four whose son had broken his leg and he needed a wheelchair. DCL couldn't put them in the empty room that only slept four...so they called my folks and asked them to switch.

Calling Guest Services is a crap shoot. You'll get many different answers from each individual you talk to. The room should have only been booked for a maximum of 3 people. I have no idea how it could have been booked for four. So you're correct, she will have to be moved to a room that sleeps 4, regardless of age.
As for the H/C issue....I think I'd said before, IF someone turns up at any time....even the day OF the cruise, with actual needs for an H/C room, they WILL move the people in one of those rooms, if they don't have the form on file....and sometimes, even if you have a form sent in, they may ask people to move around.
My parents had an accessible room that slept 4 one time. They were asked the week before the cruise to move to an accessible room that only slept 3 people, since there was a family of four whose son had broken his leg and he needed a wheelchair. DCL couldn't put them in the empty room that only slept four...so they called my folks and asked them to switch.

Thanks for the insight. The crappy thing is that a no point has anyone official from DCL mentioned the forum, but there have been others threads were it was mailed out, to other posters saying at no time did they ever do a forum of any kind. If we need to do it, no problem, with our insurance all forums have to be routed through the medical secretaries, take about four weeks, and they are a $40 fee. That is if you do it the offical way, if you have a cool doctor you can just make an appointment and have them sign it then gratis.

I am just super excited about my sideways inside stateroom, 6503, those look huge! (I realize they are the same size, but the configuration makes them look nice).

Thanks for the insight. The crappy thing is that a no point has anyone official from DCL mentioned the forum, but there have been others threads were it was mailed out, to other posters saying at no time did they ever do a forum of any kind. If we need to do it, no problem, with our insurance all forums have to be routed through the medical secretaries, take about four weeks, and they are a $40 fee. That is if you do it the offical way, if you have a cool doctor you can just make an appointment and have them sign it then gratis.

I am just super excited about my sideways inside stateroom, 6503, those look huge! (I realize they are the same size, but the configuration makes them look nice).

If no one else needs the H/C room, then you won't need to have a form.
My doctor signs mine for me.
I'd be more concerned about getting the room for 4 people when it only sleeps 3...that's one thing DCL won't budge on.

I was just in that room at the end of march this year. I didn't need a hc room and I have no idea why we got it, we just did.

I would like to say the room is even bigger than it looks on the video. This room veranda could easily handle 20 to 30 peope be staning out on it. We had a small party of 12 people sitting our on it for a pre pirates party event. and then moved inside and fit easily in their also.

the room itself would easily even with a wheel chair have space for a baby crib or even a cot if DCL even did that kind of thing but I down think they do. It even has the space for 2 of the queen bed and the sofa drop down bed. There is a lot of open space. I know what kind of space it needs for a wheel chair you will be happy with the open space.

There is one thing about this room, it squeaked like crazy, had to wear ear plugs to even come close to sleeping on the last two night of the cruise. We were cruise in Mexico coming back to CA, so not sure about alaska if there is any level of the same speed and rock as our trip.

Sorry if these topics have been asked again and again. I've searched but haven't seen much info. or have read conflicting info.

We're leaving on Tues. for our Alaska sailing on the Wonder. We're in cabin 6154. My husband has had 2 strokes, and is a double amputee, so without the handicapped cabin we wouldn't be able to sail.

Does anyone know if it has a split bath? Also, does it have a tub or just a shower? I've read both. Is it hard pushing a wheelchair out onto the balcony, or is there a good ramp? Are bed rails available? Is the toilet seat raised?

Does anyone have any current photos of the cabin or balcony?

In addition to this our kids and I must eat gluten free. Are there any special gluten free foods offered on the Alaska Itinerary? Can we eat anything if there is a midnight or chocolate buffet?

Sorry to ask last minute. It's starting to get exciting. :banana: It's been touch and go if we could actually go due to my husband's health.

Thanks in advance for any answers. If not, I'll try to post updated pics when we get back.

Are you sailing on the 2nd or 9th? We just got off the cruise the 2nd and 6154 was my parents room. They had PLENTY of room. 1 electric wheel chair and 1 electric scooter. Balcony is HUGE!! Closet space galore.....

Hi all, just got back. We did have 2 rooms, so no problem in terms of 4 people. We didn't need to fill out forms for either the hc room, or the gf diet, both of which were needed.

There were grab bars, an elevated toilet seat, bed rails and a sharps container. It still was very hard since my husband's health has deteriorated so much. We really needed a hospital bed and a standing pole for it to have been easier. This probably was his last vacation. My sister and her friend went on the cruise with us, so it was doable.

The balcony is huge. We spent most of our time out there watching whales and the beautiful Alaskan scenery go by. The people in the hc room next door were only outside once. It was a solid verandah, but my husband was too cold to be outside much.

Main dishes were well done gf. Deserts could have used some work. I left the suggestion to do things such as the cheesecake and mousse cakes without the crust/cake added. I also made a suggestion for different brands of gf bread. I think they used energy.

Thanks again for all your input. It did make planning easier.

So you were in the same room as my mom and dad just after we were on. How cool is that? That was a great room for them. Loved the auto door and door bell. Glad you had fun, we sure die :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter