Wonder 5 night Western Caribbean, October 31, 2014 - who's going?

Wow, was just directed to this forum from a helpful moderator, glad I found it! Everyone is so friendly :) I will be sailing with my DH and DD (who will have just turned six before the cruise), and we are looking forward to Halloween activities. Have sailed previously on Dream for a three-night cruise, but it is hard getting my daughter to go/stay in the kids' clubs, because she is shy once she is there. I know the CMs probably try to engage her, but I am REALLY hoping she can make friends the first day (or maybe earlier!) so that she'll have someone to play with in the clubs (I really want to go dancing, hopefully there's a good place for that!).

Does anyone know if they trick or treat door-to-door? Should I bring candy? Are the adults dressing up?

Still trying to work out the fish extender stuff!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!:goodvibes

In regard to Halloween, there are several events that happen, however, it is your choice to attend or not.

Events are: Deck Party, Club D Monster Mash (dance party) and an adult Halloween Costume Contest. There is also a Family Dance Party, Trivia Scary-okee Karaoke.

In other words, you would need to attend these events. There is also some kind of a trick or treating, but it is just by the shops.

However, if everyone on this group would like to put together a trick or treating event to go to certain cabins, I would certainly be up for arranging that.

Cheers,

Eric

I thought that I would post here the information that I received on a recent phone call to Disney.

Here is the plan for the evenings on the cruise.

Friday, October 31: Sail Away - I'm sure there will be a Halloween Celebration this night.

Saturday, November 1: "Dress Up" night - At Sea

Sunday, November 2: Cruise Casual - Grand Cayman

Monday, November 3: Pirate Night - Cozumel

Tuesday, November 4: Cruise Casual - At Sea

I also requested the dining rotation TAAPT, I'm not sure what the other two rotations available were maybe APPTA and PTTAP, but we've never done Pirate night before. We've always gone to Palo on that night, but I've heard a rumor that they will be doing away with Pirate night and replacing it with Star Wars night so we want to make sure to experience it before it goes away.

That means we need to go to Palo on Dress Up night instead of Pirate night.

We are doing the Adult tour of Grand Cayman with a visit to Hell and the Turtle Farm on that day and going to Chankanaab on Cozumel. we have Palo on Nov 1 for dinner and Nov 4 for brunch. Has anyone else booked any excursions or dining?

:confused3Hello
so where can i find out about the dining rotation and how do i go about making a request for a certain rotation?

:confused3Hello
so where can i find out about the dining rotation and how do i go about making a request for a certain rotation?

As with anything Disney, they don't guarantee, but you can put in a request and they'll consider it. On my last two cruises I made a request for one and not for the other. The request came through on the one I did.

You have to call them for the request. They will tell you the various options there are only three for each cruise.

Hello everyone!! Just booked this cruise for me, DH and 2 daughters(ages 6 & 3.) This will be our 4th Disney cruise and we are very excited to be going for Halloween! Would love to be added to the Facebook group (I have sent a request to join) and we would love to participate in the FE (hopefully it's not closed yet.) Can't wait to talk to and meet everyone!!

Thanks alison
i will give it a try...maybe i will get lucky. i really like to eat at Tritons on the formal night. Nicer family pics i think.:yay:

Hello everyone. Just booked this cruise today. This will be my 8th Disney cruise and my husband's 7th. We did this cruise on the Magic last year and are looking forward to it again. We are interested in doing the fish exchange and have sent a request to join the facebook group. I like the FB group because I can get on FB at work. Looking forward to cruising with everyone!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hey everyone! Just booked last night. Couldn't pass up the great military rate. It will be me and my DH. 4th cruise for him and 5th for me! Can't wait!

Hi all, we are a family of four 2 boys 9 and 12 and my inlaws are coming, along with a friend of theirs and her granddaughter. Our 8th cruise with Disney, my inlaws 2nd. It will be the first for their friend and her granddaughter.

Looking forward to it, and to the FE if we can still join! We love these!

Cant wait for Halloween night and a fun 5 nights on the Wonder. Have not been on this ship for about 6 years. Looking forward to it! :thumbsup2

there is now a 20% Canadian residency discount for our cruise. :cool1:
I called to ask for it and now have a huge on board credit we can spend any way we want!!! (we are a family of 4 in a deluxe family verandah stateroom)
Looking forward to having nice wines with dinner and being able to shop without penny pinching. Also will pay for the staff tips.

My family and I will be on board for our first Disney Cruise. I would love to participate in FE for my 7 year old son. Just requested permission to join the Facebook group. See you all in a month :)

I posted this on the facebook page, but wanted to put it here as well. I know many people don't do Facebook (wish I did not).

Trick - Or - Treating:

I know that Disney offers some events and a minor trick-or-treating, however, we are going to do our own version on board.

What it would entail is I would be to get a list of the cabins with who would like to be involved, set a time. After reviewing the past HOHS events, I think the best time would be 7 pm. However, I won't set this until about a week or so prior to our cruise once I get some previous Navigators for the HOHS for this October.

If anyone would be interested in doing this let me know. I would be happy to organize it. I would put together a map for the kids (and adults) so they would know where to go.

Cheers,

Eric

Suddenly the Facebook group for this cruise is not showing up in my notifications, and I can't even find it when searching. :confused3

If someone has the link or can help me know that I'm not alone in this, that'd be much appreciated! :cool1:

I think that DIS Boards has disabled the Facebook links. I will send you a PM with the details.

Cheers.

Are your settings on FB set to send you emails when people post. This group is really active right now. I can't even keep up with all the different posts. Thats one of the reasons I prefer the DIS over FB for communication. Here there is one stream of discussion. On FB there are so many tangents it's hard to remember which discussion you're involved in.

Hello Halloween cruisers

We have arranged a private mixology class on November 4 at 4 pm. We still have about 10 spots left if you have an interest in attending.

The fee is $15 per person and would be a great way to say goodbye to the cruise.

If you have an interest or questions please let me know.

Cheers!

I've already posted this on the Facebook page, but I want to let anyone who may not have seen it.
Disney has set up a private Chocolate Tasting Group on November 2nd at 2:30 in the Cadillac Lounge.:cool1:

While we have a great group, it's still a few short of Disney's minimum to have it take place. The tasting group involves pairing fine chocolates with wine, champagne, and whiskey, and appreciating the different flavors in the various combinations. Cost is $30/person and will be billed to your room by Disney.

Please PM me your name and room number to make your reservation.

Getting super excited for the cruise!! :banana::banana:

I know it's last minute, but anyone interested in a Fish Extender exchange?

I doubt at this late hour, there will be another one set up. The original FE was set up on FB by someone else, and that closed September 1st. They opened a Late FE on FB and that one closed last week. You could join the FB group and see if anyone wanted to add you to their group.

I have already finalized my FE gifts and have begun to assemble them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter