• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder 4 Night April 23rd 2006

Tomorrow during the day, I get my nails done, hair done... and oh, yeah... have to work too... :cool1: Then tomorrow evening some last minute shopping items, pack the final bag and leave at Noon on Friday to go to KY to see my Dad!

Monday drive almost home, but stop at the airport and stay in the hotel there because our flight leaves Tuesday at 7:00 a.m. :woohoo:

It's so close I can FEEL the sunshine! :sunny:

Last post before I go... I look forward to meeting everyone and making some new friends!! Everyone be safe, take care and see you on the 23rd!!! :wave:

Kimmielee said:
Tomorrow during the day, I get my nails done, hair done... and oh, yeah... have to work too... :cool1: Then tomorrow evening some last minute shopping items, pack the final bag and leave at Noon on Friday to go to KY to see my Dad!

Monday drive almost home, but stop at the airport and stay in the hotel there because our flight leaves Tuesday at 7:00 a.m. :woohoo:

It's so close I can FEEL the sunshine! :sunny:

Last post before I go... I look forward to meeting everyone and making some new friends!! Everyone be safe, take care and see you on the 23rd!!! :wave:

I hope you have a nice visit with your dad. Drive carefully and I'll see you at the Mickey Pool at 3:00 p.m. Oh, we got our Disney Family Reunion T-shirts - they are not what I expected. You can find me if you see one of our t-shirts. They are gray with the name "STRICKLAND" printed on the back in black letters (like the name on the back of a football jersey). The trouble is, I have long hair and my hair covers up the name. I'll have my hair pulled back in a pony tail to expose as much of the name as I can. The other 9 members of my immediate family will also have the same t-shirt on. So if you see someone with the name "STRICKLAND" written on the back, ask them where I am and they will be able to tell you.

I am so excited - I just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

conny264 said:
Yes,we´re getting close.Even my sister is staring to get her stuff ready.
Still no docs here.I think,they got lost.Oh,well,doesn´t matter.I will get some luggage tags at the port(thanks Kimmielee,for asking that question)and have my onlin Check- in copys ready.That will do.
have a wonderful Easter weekend everybody and see you soon.
Conny :cheer2: :cheer2:

Just wanted to let you know that we received our cruise documents in the mail today. Hope you get yours real soon too. Receiving them just reassures me that this is really happening. I'm so excited - I just can't wait. Just 11 more days now. Whoopie!

mariad said:
Conny.. Happy 40th to you.. We will have a blast.. See you at the Goofy pool. Take care, Maria

Hey, thanks for pointing out to me at we are meeting at the Goofy Pool (is that the adult-only pool?) at 3:00, no the Mickey Pool. It should be easier to find one another at the less crowded pool.

We got our cruise documents in the mail today. Gosh, this is really happening. This is so GREAT! I just can't wait. 11 more days............

The goofy pool is the one in the middle of the ship,(midship) while the adult pool is forward, (front) and the Micky pool is aft(back).

Ok,I´m finally giving up on my cruise docs.Next 4 days there will be no mail because of easter and we´re leaving soon after that.But my TA reasured me,the Online Check-in is enough.
I hope that´s the case so that we can meet everybody at 3 o´clock at the Goofy Pool.
I wish everybody a save journey to Port Canaveral and see you soon.
´Till then
Conny :banana: :banana:

perdidobay said:
The goofy pool is the one in the middle of the ship,(midship) while the adult pool is forward, (front) and the Micky pool is aft(back).

Thank you for the information. As you may can tell, I've never been on a cruise ship before. Therefore, I welcome all the tips and advice I can get.

Just 9 more days now until we meet. :banana: I'm glad it's the weekend so I can work on getting stuff ready for the cruise. :yay: See you at 3:00!

For us it´s only 5 mor days.leaving on Thursday.First to London and on Friday to Orlando.We´ll be spending Saturday at Cocoa beach and Merritt Island Natinal Seashore and watch the Magic sail away for the 7 night cruise.
I´m planning on starting some packing tomorrow,that makes it even more real.
Still no docs,i don´t think theys will show up.

See you next Sunday and have a wonderful Easter weekend everybody.
Conny :wizard:

conny264 said:
For us it´s only 5 mor days.leaving on Thursday.First to London and on Friday to Orlando.We´ll be spending Saturday at Cocoa beach and Merritt Island Natinal Seashore and watch the Magic sail away for the 7 night cruise.
I´m planning on starting some packing tomorrow,that makes it even more real.
Still no docs,i don´t think theys will show up.

See you next Sunday and have a wonderful Easter weekend everybody.
Conny :wizard:

May you have a WONDERful Easter also. I hope you have pleasant flights and we are meeting by at the GOOFY Pool at 3:00, not the Mickey Poorl, am I correct?

Hi to you all

I hope you all had safe journeys home from the cruise....it was wonderful to meet you.
We had a wonderful time ime sure you all did too....the Wonder is beautiful.
Well its back to reality for us we arrived home at the doorstep at 1.30pm friday afternoon and ime still trying to get the body clock back to normal....its nice and cold here in the Uk at the moment ime afraid i didn't bring any of the Florida sunshine back with me.
Ime glad to be home a month a way is a long time and we missed home but we have some wonderfull memorys and lots and lots of photo's.

Keep in touch

Marv :wave:

Glad you are home safe and sound.

Sorry I didn't meet you!
I'm happy you have a great time.. the weather was wonderful, wasn't it :sunny:

perdidobay said:
Glad you are home safe and sound.

Sorry I didn't meet you!
I'm happy you have a great time.. the weather was wonderful, wasn't it :sunny:

I'm so glad you emailed me. I want to thank you for taking my family's picture (on the stairs of Deck 7) with all our cameras.

I am surprised I didn't recognize you (maybe subconsciously that's why I chose you from the hallway to ask to take my family's picture). Guess I didn't recognize you without a drink in your hand :)

Yes, it was perfect weather the entire time and it gave us firstimers a feel of what the ship feels like when the winds pick up.

I learned one thing for sure this cruise -- don't take a bunch of family members on a cruise. I was busy trying to spend time with each of my relatives (we are all from different states and some of us had never met the nieces three youngest children) that I forgot to do the things I had planned on doing. Oh well, there's always next time.

I wish I would have taken the time to get to know you better. If you ever need reference for your 'picture taking abilities', you are welcome to give them my name. Thanks again.

Hi everyone

So sorry not to have made the meet at the Goofy Pool, we got on the ship and it was so exciting we forgot all about it :Pinkbounc . Although I was lucky enough to meet Marv in the restrooms just before disembarking for the day at Nassau (Hi Marv :wave2:)

The cruise was fabulous wasn't it, the weather was great and I couldn't believe how friendly all the staff were.

Some of my highlights were: The Sailaway Party (loved the ships horn)
Golden Mickeys
Disney Dreams
Kids clubs were great and the "graduation" at
the end brought a tear to my eye.
Pirate Party (even though we were the only
people we saw who were dressed up!)
The food and the restaurants (plus of course
the servers) were wonderful.

The only thing I didn't really enjoy was: Hercules

And of course getting off the ship!

Hope you all had a fabulous time, I would love to hear about everyone elses best bits. Sadly I don't think we will be able to do another cruise for a few years (maybe for my 40th in 3 years time) so I have to squeeze every last drop out of this one to keep me going for a while!

It has been great meeting you all...

Nicola

nixieh said:
Hi everyone

So sorry not to have made the meet at the Goofy Pool, we got on the ship and it was so exciting we forgot all about it :Pinkbounc . Although I was lucky enough to meet Marv in the restrooms just before disembarking for the day at Nassau (Hi Marv :wave2:)

The cruise was fabulous wasn't it, the weather was great and I couldn't believe how friendly all the staff were.

Golden Mickeys
Disney Dreams

Hope you all had a fabulous time, I would love to hear about everyone elses best bits. Sadly I don't think we will be able to do another cruise for a few years (maybe for my 40th in 3 years time) so I have to squeeze every last drop out of this one to keep me going for a while!

Nicola
Email me - send me your email address and I will send you a message with my notes attached. I had a wonderful time but our dinner servers must have been new because they never did even remember my name.

nixieh said:
Hi everyone

Golden Mickeys
Disney Dreams

Nicola

Hi Nixieh
What a place to meet....in the rest rooms :rotfl2: ime pleased i met you though.
Ime glad you all had a brilliant time..we did too. We looked into the med cruise while on board but wont be doing that as it worked out to be $10,000 for all of us.
I nearly forgot the meeting...i totally understand how you could have forgot there was just so much going on when we boarded and so much information to take in.
The wonder was an amazing ship it was like being in a dream...that came true :cloud9: My children apsolutley enjoyed every minute.
We did Atlantis at Nassau and shopping of course. Castaway cay was just paradise and we all did the bannana boat ride that was more fun than i thought it would be.
hope too speak with you again

marv said:
Hi Nixieh
What a place to meet....in the rest rooms :rotfl2: ime pleased i met you though.
Ime glad you all had a brilliant time..we did too. We looked into the med cruise while on board but wont be doing that as it worked out to be $10,000 for all of us.
I nearly forgot the meeting...i totally understand how you could have forgot there was just so much going on when we boarded and so much information to take in.
The wonder was an amazing ship it was like being in a dream...that came true :cloud9: My children apsolutley enjoyed every minute.
We did Atlantis at Nassau and shopping of course. Castaway cay was just paradise and we all did the bannana boat ride that was more fun than i thought it would be.
hope too speak with you again

I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet everyone I had met on disboards.com. By the time we arrived and found our rooms, it was time for the drill. I guess our plane arrived late.

I hear you enjoyed the Banana Boat ride. I too went on the ride but did not find it near as exciting as I had read others write. I had no trouble staying on the boat - held on loosely with one hand and carried on conversations with the people around me. I was disappointed in it - but everything else was a blast.

Hi pepsi

Ime sorry you didn't enjoy the bannana boat....ime afraid we had a boat full of adrenalin junkies (husband included)as we were all telling the driver to go faster..so he did.
What did your family look like as i was trying to look out for you and often said to my husband i wonder if that was you.
Were you all sat at the goofy pool eating and dancing with 2 men,children and i think there was 3 women????

I hope you all had a brilliant time

Hi everybody.

Sadly we are back from a wonderful cruise and 9 more fabulous days in WDW.
Everything was fantastic and we can consider ourselves very lucky with our cruise.The following week two friends of mine went and it was much colder and Sea more rough.

It was great to meet everyone and I wish you all a wonderful future and more great trips to Disney.

take care
Conny :wave: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter