• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder 4 Night April 23rd 2006

I'm hoping everyone gets their cruise docs tomorrow :sunny:
I know what it's like to wait on them.

Pepsiontherocks,
I'm from Memphis TN and I look like this, and I will probably have a drink in my hand too! :goodvibes
47b5ce08b3127cce955f49c44b5a00000026108AZuWzZw3cs8

Since I will be with friends who are new cruisers, I will be at their mercy, so I may not make it to the gathering of Dis'ers, but I will try to stop by and say hello. If you see me on the ship, please say hello!
My DH is afraid of water too, but thes ship is so big that I don't think your son-in law's will have a problem. After all, I convinved my DH to come back 4 times!! Now he loves cruising!

If you are WONDER-ing, I am standing on deck 10 in front of the Goofy pool in the photo!

I know it's still over a week away and the weather can change, but the forcast is for partly sunny and 86 degrees on Sunday April 23rd!! :sunny:

This will be mine and Dh's first Disney cruise, which we can't wait for. My Dh and I are going with 3 other families that I went to High school with, we are all turning "40" this year!!! Can't wait to get to Florida. we are staying at the Radisson the night before. Heard it was close to the port.
We got our cruise documents about a week ago. Heard there was formal night, are they very formal on Disney? I've been on other cruises and it can vary how dressed up some people can get. Thanks See you all soon...
Maria

mariad said:
This will be mine and Dh's first Disney cruise, which we can't wait for. My Dh and I are going with 3 other families that I went to High school with, we are all turning "40" this year!!! Can't wait to get to Florida. we are staying at the Radisson the night before. Heard it was close to the port.
We got our cruise documents about a week ago. Heard there was formal night, are they very formal on Disney? I've been on other cruises and it can vary how dressed up some people can get. Thanks See you all soon...
Maria

When are you cruising?

Sorry about that.. we are cruising in two weeks!!!!!! The April 23rd cruise.. It seems so long along we booked it and now it's here.. Yeah!!!!!

mariad said:
Sorry about that.. we are cruising in two weeks!!!!!! The April 23rd cruise.. It seems so long along we booked it and now it's here.. Yeah!!!!!

Send me a brief description of how I will spot you onboard the Wonder. My family consists of 25 people in call - 10 of which are my immediate family members (kids and grandkids). Here's how to spot us, I have two really big dark skinned (Native American Indiand and Hispanic) son-in-laws - both over 300 pounds. I am 5 foot tall, petite and long straight brown hair (down to the middle of my back) If we are not in our bathing suits by the time we meet at the Disney Pool at 3:00 p.m., then we will still ahve on our white Disney Family Reunion t-shirts.

mariad said:

Great, we are cruising on the same ship - Wonder. I've met a few disfriends and we plan to meet at the Mickey Pool at 3 the day we board the ship.

mariad said:
Maria

Welcome Maria!!! What a fun idea for a cruise!! Just the adults or kids too? If so, how old are the kids in your group? My DS is 6 and can't wait to meet new friends. And you know... they say "40" is the new "30" :woohoo:

Formal is as formal as you want it to be. You will see everything, from what I understand... suits to tuxes for the gents to pants, pant suits, dresses, cocktail dresses to formal full length gowns for the ladies. It's what YOU want to make it.

Enjoy your trip and come meet us all at the bar by the Goofy pool at 3:00! :wave:

I got my docs today!! :yay: :yay: :cheer2: :cheer2: :woohoo: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I'm soooooo excited!!! Can ya tell??? :lmao:

Kimmielee said:
I got my docs today!! :yay: :yay: :cheer2: :cheer2: :woohoo: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I'm soooooo excited!!! Can ya tell??? :lmao:

Naw, I couldn't tell how excited you are - think you should have added a few more yay-yays, cheers, woohoos and bounces (ha, ha). It's nice to know someone else is as excited as I am.

Called my TA today. She said she received 4 of our 10 sets of documents but no airline tickets in the ones she has received. She said she was going to call Disney to ask them, then call me right back - she never called back. I tell you, I've had it with that TA. I'll be so glad when I don't have to deal with her any longer, but sad because that will mean the fun is all over - but at least we will have the memories. I have bought 18 disposable cameras (remember there are 10 of us), will have 3 digital cameras and 2 (maybe 3) cam corders. Do you think we have enough?

pepsiontherocks said:
Send me a brief description of how I will spot you onboard the Wonder. My family consists of 25 people in call - 10 of which are my immediate family members (kids and grandkids). Here's how to spot us, I have two really big dark skinned (Native American Indiand and Hispanic) son-in-laws - both over 300 pounds. I am 5 foot tall, petite and long straight brown hair (down to the middle of my back) If we are not in our bathing suits by the time we meet at the Disney Pool at 3:00 p.m., then we will still ahve on our white Disney Family Reunion t-shirts.

We will definitely look for you. I'm about 5'4 with very dark hair past my shoulders and my hubby is bald but my hubby and I are Donnie and Maria (how funny huh?) so you might just over hear us. We don't have any children but the our friends do, there will be 11 of us total. Which pool is everyone meeting at 3pm? I can't tell you how excited we are..
See you soon...
Maria

Kimmielee said:
Welcome Maria!!! What a fun idea for a cruise!! Just the adults or kids too? If so, how old are the kids in your group? My DS is 6 and can't wait to meet new friends. And you know... they say "40" is the new "30" :woohoo:

Formal is as formal as you want it to be. You will see everything, from what I understand... suits to tuxes for the gents to pants, pant suits, dresses, cocktail dresses to formal full length gowns for the ladies. It's what YOU want to make it.

Enjoy your trip and come meet us all at the bar by the Goofy pool at 3:00! :wave:

We will be traveling with both Adults and children. My DH and I do not have any kids but we will be traveling with kids ranging in ages from 18 months to 13 yrs old. Out of the seven kids traveling with us there is a 4 yr old boy and an 8 yr boy the rest are girls..So hopefully we can meet at the bar by the goofy pool.
See you then..
Maria

Hi everybody.

Still no docs in Germany,although friends of mine who go one week later,got theirs.Go figure.
@mariad-welcome,great to have some more 40 on board.I´n actually celeb rating my 40 birthday on the cruise to avoid a big party at home.
To clarify this once more,the meet is at the GOOFY Pool at 3.Mickey pool is to crowded with little ones playing.
We´ll be there,two "almost"40 girls,one blond-one redbrown,a little pooh sized and really looking forward to meet you all.

take care.
Conny :wave2:

conny264 said:
Hi everybody.

Still no docs in Germany,although friends of mine who go one week later,got theirs.Go figure.
@mariad-welcome,great to have some more 40 on board.I´n actually celeb rating my 40 birthday on the cruise to avoid a big party at home.
To clarify this once more,the meet is at the GOOFY Pool at 3.Mickey pool is to crowded with little ones playing.
We´ll be there,two "almost"40 girls,one blond-one redbrown,a little pooh sized and really looking forward to meet you all.

take care.
Conny :wave2:

Conny.. Happy 40th to you.. We will have a blast.. See you at the Goofy pool. Take care, Maria

One week from tonight we'll be having dinner with Mickey and friends at Chef Mickey's!!! :cool1:

I am so excited to meet everyone. I was originally on a different cruise and chatted with them for quite a while before I changed dates. I'm even meeting one of them on the Saturday before our cruise leaves. Is it great making new friends? :grouphug:

We are meeting at the Mickey Pool at 3:00 p.m. the day we board the ship.

Our t-shirts that we got with the Disney Family Reunion Package that I bought arrived today. They are not what I expected. They are gray, not white like I expected - which is fine with me. They have a small Disney emblem on the front left chest area of the shirt. They also have "STRICKLAND" write across the back in black letters (like a football jersey). So find someone with "STRICKLAND" written on the back of their shirt and you will have found one of us. :grouphug:

What a funny plan on names. I just can't wait to meet you and your hubby. Just think, I finally get to meet a couple of celbrities - Donnie and Maria! :yay:

My TA called today and said she received and is mailing us our cruise documents today. I can't wait to get them. I bet I am more excited about this cruise than you are. (I have made 149 door signs! Do you think I overdid it? Some I am not taking with me as I like other better.) I can't think about anything else other than this cruise. At work, which I'm not getting much done at because the only thing on my mind is this cruise, everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows I am going on this cruise - even the people who work on the floors above and below me, the guards at the door, the janitors, the maintenance men, the district attorneys, and the snack bar attendants. I am constantly being asked, "how many more days" by people I meet as I walk down the halls at work.

Have you met anyone else who is cruising with us? I just can't wait for the 23rd! :cheer2:

pepsiontherocks said:
We are meeting at the Mickey Pool at 3:00 p.m. the day we board the ship.

Our t-shirts that we got with the Disney Family Reunion Package that I bought arrived today. They are not what I expected. They are gray, not white like I expected - which is fine with me. They have a small Disney emblem on the front left chest area of the shirt. They also have "STRICKLAND" write across the back in black letters (like a football jersey). So find someone with "STRICKLAND" written on the back of their shirt and you will have found one of us. :grouphug:

What a funny plan on names. I just can't wait to meet you and your hubby. Just think, I finally get to meet a couple of celbrities - Donnie and Maria! :yay:

My TA called today and said she received and is mailing us our cruise documents today. I can't wait to get them. I bet I am more excited about this cruise than you are. (I have made 149 door signs! Do you think I overdid it? Some I am not taking with me as I like other better.) I can't think about anything else other than this cruise. At work, which I'm not getting much done at because the only thing on my mind is this cruise, everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows I am going on this cruise - even the people who work on the floors above and below me, the guards at the door, the janitors, the maintenance men, the district attorneys, and the snack bar attendants. I am constantly being asked, "how many more days" by people I meet as I walk down the halls at work.

Have you met anyone else who is cruising with us? I just can't wait for the 23rd! :cheer2:

I will definitely be able to spot your shirts.. I will look for them. We are actually a group of 15, not 11, obviously I can't count. I can not wait for this cruise..
I am working on some kind of door signs for us. Not sure what to do yet but will think of something.

See you soon... :Pinkbounc

Kimmielee said:
One week from tonight we'll be having dinner with Mickey and friends at Chef Mickey's!!! :cool1:

I am so excited to meet everyone. I was originally on a different cruise and chatted with them for quite a while before I changed dates. I'm even meeting one of them on the Saturday before our cruise leaves. Is it great making new friends? :grouphug:

I am looking forward to meeting you and the other dis friends I have made online. Isn't disboards great? :disrocks: My clothes are laid out and my suitcases are out of the closet. I'm ready to go but I stll have 12 days to wait. :confused3 I will miss you online the week before the cruise. Have a great time until we get there - and then we'll join you to have some more great times! :yay: :hyper: party: :jumping1:

Yes,we´re getting close.Even my sister is staring to get her stuff ready.
Still no docs here.I think,they got lost.Oh,well,doesn´t matter.I will get some luggage tags at the port(thanks Kimmielee,for asking that question)and have my onlin Check- in copys ready.That will do.
have a wonderful Easter weekend everybody and see you soon.
Conny :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter