Wonder 4/4/2013 4 day Bahamas

...and it looks like our ship is either completely full, or very nearly full. I'm curious what room I will be in. We're currently listed as GTY. Anyone have any experience with this?:yay:

Hi all my name is Jill (31). I am from Florida I am sailing my first Disney cruise on 4/4. I am going with my mom(58) and our family friend Karen(52). We are all first time cruisers with Disney but not other cruise lines. Also I am the random person that just hit join group on facebook before I signed in to this. So looking forward to this cruise!!

Well hello all. Thanks to DVCNUTS and a private message from one of you I finally find this thread. I'm new to Disney cruising so pls help me get on track. Whats a fish extender? Sounds fun. I've been looking for info on my own on the web until I found you!! So happy. Pls help. Can't wait.

Hi cowgrl (Jill) and NemoandAriel! :welcome:

Lots of first time cruisers (DCL) on this sailing! A fish extender is something you hang on a fish outside of your room when you are part of a meet that is doing this. You will get a list of who is participating and their stateroom numbers so that you can pass out gifts that you bring whenever you feel like doing it throughout the cruise. Some people get one gift per room, others get specific gifts for each person in a room. It is up to you and you shouldn't feel pressured into giving more than you are comfortable with. Some people make things, some buy. It can be Disney related, something from your hometown, candy, toys... there is a thread on this board with lots of ideas, but it can be intimidating when you see some of the things people give! You can usually find the thread within the first three pages...

Skittlesmom, I think we have only had a GTY once, and that was when we had two rooms, so I really didn't pay much attention to it. I think we were assigned before we left though.

nemoandariel-Here is the FE thread with pics to show you how creative people can be. Everything from handmade embroidery to a plastic bag to duct tape.
This is the Fish Extender itself. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

The gifts go inside and each person/family decides what to give others. Can be a family gift, can be individual, can be separate for the kids and adults, etc. Just go to the search function and look for "FE gifts" and there are several threads that are LONG. Be careful-some of the gifts are like crazy amazing, so don't get discouraged thinking "there is no way i have the time, expertise or money to make scrapbooks for each person that are made of paper I made from scratch and embroidered with an embroidery machine and sealed with the wax from a candle I had imported from an artisan in Italy that is made from beeswax from bees that poop gold."

Thank you both! I feel so silly. :rotfl2: I was asking for this in the FB page and you had replied here. Thanks a lot. I'm going to explore now....:cool1:

I'm María from Mexico and this will be my first cruise with my 20 months son, I want to know if I am in time to be part the EF? Thanks a
Lot

Yes! You may sign up until next Monday, March 4, then it will be closed. The link to the spreadsheet is on the first page of this thread. Add your name and information. If you are on Facebook, we have a facebook page as well-again, on the first post in this thread.

Yes! You may sign up until next Monday, March 4, then it will be closed. The link to the spreadsheet is on the first page of this thread. Add your name and information. If you are on Facebook, we have a facebook page as well-again, on the first post in this thread.[/QUOTE

I already did it yesterday, thanks a lot!!

Welcome! Please join the facebook group if you are on facebook. We have a lot of discussion going on there.

I just saw a post on the main cruise forum about a refillable beer mug.

Is there something similar for non-alcoholic drink refills? Or can we bring our own mugs to get refills?

There is a beverage station where all sodas and I believe some juice and coffee are there as well and they are open 24/7. You may bring your own mug, but they ask that you use their paper cups to use to pour into your own container to avoid cross contamination issues. ANYTHING you order at a bar, including sodas, are charged. SO if you are thirsty and don't want booze, go get a soda. For smoothies and such, there is a charge and I haven't heard of any deals except for perhaps drink of the day and I know the cafe has a card you can get buy 5 get 1 free(or maybe it is buy 6 get 1 free). Ask at the Cove cafe if interested in that.

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO JOIN THIS CRUISES' FE GIFT EXCHANGE. I AM CLOSING IT AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT, SO IF YOU WANT TO DO THE GIFT EXCHANGE, PLEASE SIGN UP ON THE LINK TO THE GOOGLE SPREADSHEET THAT IS ON PAGE 1 OF THIS THREAD.

Is there a refillable beer mug?
Yes. You buy the mug and you get refills of that mug which is the large size for the price of the small. I've read there is a token you can get that basically says "I have a mug" so you don't have to carry the actual mug everywhere.

Just so you know, I haven't actually been on a DIsney cruise, but i've read here daily for like 8 months. I believe you can purchase the beer mugs at any of the bars.

I was reading the "what I'll do again/what I'll never do again" thread and some people said they would not do a sitdown breakfast on disembarkation day. Do you have a choice? Is there another place to get breakfast that morning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter