• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder - 12/27/2013

:welcome:welcome to our meet thread!:welcome:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: roll call: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • message me if you want names and/or ages listed.
    [*]i want to respect people's privacy!
    [*]otherwise i'll just list user names.
ksloane ~ kimberly(34), dd(13) + traveling with another family - 2 adults, dd(18), and ds(13).

Shari2shop ~ shari, cate(14) & cetch(1) & maybe clayton & cole(16)

txsgrl77 ~ me, dh, & ds(12) and ds(1 1/2)

party:come join the party!party:

grandma06-7 adults, 6 children 3 boys and 3 girls 12,12,11,10,6,6

:welcome:Welcome to our Meet Thread!:welcome:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Roll Call: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Message me if you want names and/or ages listed.
    [*]I want to respect people's privacy!
    [*]Otherwise I'll just list user names.
ksloane ~ Kimberly(34), DD(13) + traveling with another family - 2 adults, DD(18), and DS(13).

Shari2Shop ~ Shari, Cate(14) & Cetch(1) & maybe Clayton & Cole(16)

txsgrl77 ~ Me, DH, & DS(12) and DS(1 1/2)

party:Come join the party!party:

In case you update, since we have Grandma06 adding too, here's my family's info:

CMCTxMom: Carolyn (me), Chris (DH), Haley (DD8), Eric (DS5)

Let the countdown begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my daughter in laws and daughter and i are excited to this and would like to join in. Please let me know how to do this and if there is room for us in your group

Awesome. Just let us know how many rooms are participating. Each room should bring a set of gifts for everyone and everyone will deliver gifts to those rooms.

grandma06-7 adults, 6 children 3 boys and 3 girls 12,12,11,10,6,6

In case you update, since we have Grandma06 adding too, here's my family's info:

CMCTxMom: Carolyn (me), Chris (DH), Haley (DD8), Eric (DS5)

Let the countdown begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think shari2shop has been around this thread since January? I can't edit any of her posts, but since I started the thread, I'm using the very first post to keep our lists up to date. I've added both of you.

All four rooms will participate. We are super excited. We have never been on a Disney cruise before. Lots of trips to WDW & most of us have been on a carnival cruise but never DCL!

Awesome. Just let us know how many rooms are participating. Each room should bring a set of gifts for everyone and everyone will deliver gifts to those rooms.

I don't think shari2shop has been around this thread since January? I can't edit any of her posts, but since I started the thread, I'm using the very first post to keep our lists up to date. I've added both of you.

There will be four rooms, One room (7516) Tim, Jill, Hannah (DD11) Andrew (DS6), second room (7518) Angie (me) Hunter (DGS12), third room (7520) Kevin, Lisa, Zach (DS11) fourth room (7522) Jamie, Kristie Hallie (DD12) and Emilie (DD6)

I am one of the daughter in laws for Grandma06 - we have 4 rooms.

All four rooms will participate. We are super excited. We have never been on a Disney cruise before. Lots of trips to WDW & most of us have been on a carnival cruise but never DCL!

There will be four rooms, One room (7516) Tim, Jill, Hannah (DD11) Andrew (DS6), second room (7518) Angie (me) Hunter (DGS12), third room (7520) Kevin, Lisa, Zach (DS11) fourth room (7522) Jamie, Kristie Hallie (DD12) and Emilie (DD6)

Made a note of this.

I started a FB group for this sailing because I didn't see one. Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link here? But on FB it's Disney Wonder, December 27, 2013. Y'all should be able to find it - please join! :)

I started a FB group for this sailing because I didn't see one. Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link here? But on FB it's Disney Wonder, December 27, 2013. Y'all should be able to find it - please join! :)

Please do post the link....I can't seem to get my facebook to cooperate and let me find it. *SIGH*

Never mind....I found it
https://www.facebook.com/groups/182084645297204/

I'll add it to our first page too so new members will be able to find it quickly.

Alright...listen up (errr....read up) - Fish Extender Members....Let's hear from you.....

1. How do you want to divide us? Or do you want to divide us at any point? I've seen groups divided by members...at x number of people, we add a second group, etc....and I've seen it done by rooms....at a certain number of people, we start a second group, etc.

2. How about a deadline? I would say the latest of mid November? I'm ok with a little earlier if you guys want?

Let's hear some feedback and start getting this Fish Extender group organized! :-)

FYI...we are now at at least 13 rooms...there's a couple I'm guessing may be 2 rooms so probably about 15 rooms.

Please check your name on the fish extender list (post 1)...If you have more than one room, let me know and how it's divided so we can have an accurate count!!!

Here are my thoughts on your questions, ksloane:

1. The previous cruise we were on, we were divided into three groups. I think it went well. I think capping each group at 15 staterooms each would be ideal. More than that and gets pretty pricey!

2. Mid November sounds great to me for a deadline. Don't want to get too deep into the Christmas shopping season before we know for sure how many staterooms are in our group!

I would also like to add one more stateroom to the FE list. My brother would like to participate. He's got a GTY stateroom and is not on the disboards, so if you would just like to add another stateroom to my name (mpugh22), that would be great. Thank you!

Here are my thoughts on your questions, ksloane:

1. The previous cruise we were on, we were divided into three groups. I think it went well. I think capping each group at 15 staterooms each would be ideal. More than that and gets pretty pricey!

2. Mid November sounds great to me for a deadline. Don't want to get too deep into the Christmas shopping season before we know for sure how many staterooms are in our group!

I would also like to add one more stateroom to the FE list. My brother would like to participate. He's got a GTY stateroom and is not on the disboards, so if you would just like to add another stateroom to my name (mpugh22), that would be great. Thank you!

15 rooms is good for me. Anyone else have an opinion? Another thing we've done for other cruises is allowed a room to sign up for more than one group if they wanted.

So for now (until someone else replies that we should do different)

• After 15 rooms, we'll start a second group. If anyone wants to be a part of more than one group, you can sign up for multiples
  • Deadline for sign up will be November 15.

Oh, and I'm adding your second room now! :-)

Update on our FE status:

We will have two rooms: Room 1: DH (Mark), DS (Caleb, age 10) and DS (Jackson, age 8). Room 2: Me (Janice), DM (Linda, aka Nana) and DD (Sarah, age 10).

This is our first cruise and first FE (obviously) so I don't have any experience to leverage in answering the posed questions; however it makes sense to me to keep the FE groups to around 15 rooms each.

Update on our FE status:

We will have two rooms: Room 1: DH (Mark), DS (Caleb, age 10) and DS (Jackson, age 8). Room 2: Me (Janice), DM (Linda, aka Nana) and DD (Sarah, age 10).

This is our first cruise and first FE (obviously) so I don't have any experience to leverage in answering the posed questions; however it makes sense to me to keep the FE groups to around 15 rooms each.

Fixed you guys on the FE list...

And we are at 15 rooms everyone so if anyone else joins or has multiple rooms, we'll start a 2nd group! :cool1:

Hello all! My bf and I will be doing a B2B on the Wonder, starting with this cruise! My parents will be on this one with us. I've been on 5 Magic cruises, mostly at Christmas. This summer my bf took me on the Fantasy for my birthday! This will be my first NYE cruise, exciting! The ship is beautifully decorated for Christmas.

Even though we've never done the FE thing, it's nice to share ideas and count the days.

We recently booked an Alaskan cruise next July on the Wonder to include a Disney wedding! I'm so excited to check out the ship!

Hello all! My bf and I will be doing a B2B on the Wonder, starting with this cruise! My parents will be on this one with us. I've been on 5 Magic cruises, mostly at Christmas. This summer my bf took me on the Fantasy for my birthday! This will be my first NYE cruise, exciting! The ship is beautifully decorated for Christmas.

Even though we've never done the FE thing, it's nice to share ideas and count the days.

We recently booked an Alaskan cruise next July on the Wonder to include a Disney wedding! I'm so excited to check out the ship!

A Disney Wedding and Alaskan cruise....both sound awesome!

Has anyone booked flights yet? Which airport is the best for Galveston? If we fly to Houston it looks to be about 50 minutes drive. Would people recommend taking a taxi to the hotel? We usually try to arrive the day before the cruise because we are coming from New England and have to worry about the weather. Just looking at logistics now. We are getting close!

Has anyone booked flights yet? Which airport is the best for Galveston? If we fly to Houston it looks to be about 50 minutes drive. Would people recommend taking a taxi to the hotel? We usually try to arrive the day before the cruise because we are coming from New England and have to worry about the weather. Just looking at logistics now. We are getting close!

Houston it is. There is no airport in Galveston. I personally prefer Hobby, but that's because it's always cheaper for me to use it.

Not sure what a taxi would cost, but that's a pretty long drive. It might be significantly cheaper to look at a car rental? I read on a FB group - maybe this cruise? - that Enterprise is only car rental on the island.

Houston it is. There is no airport in Galveston. I personally prefer Hobby, but that's because it's always cheaper for me to use it.

Not sure what a taxi would cost, but that's a pretty long drive. It might be significantly cheaper to look at a car rental? I read on a FB group - maybe this cruise? - that Enterprise is only car rental on the island.

Thanks. I booked flights into Hobby yesterday. They were not too expensive but it looks like we will be staying an extra day on either end due to the times we need to be at port. Going home, the direct flight was at 11am so that was too tight to get there from the terminal. So, I'm excited about having some extra time in Galveston and we can be a little more relaxed about finding transportation to and from the airport. I will probably end up going with a car service I thing.

Oh, and on the FE discussion, we are flexible. Whatever the group decides is fine. We'll be doing B2B cruises so are coming up with a different gift for each cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter