• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder - 12/27/2013

My DH and I are booked!! We will be celebrating 14 years of marriage and will be kidless for this cruise. But we don't feel guilty because we just went on a 7 night Fantasy cruise in Feb. lol. Can't wait!!

Welcome to the group. We haven't been on the Fantasy yet, but I'm hoping for 2015!

We had such a great time doing the adult activities on the fantasy we thought it would be nice to do a short cruise by ourselves. And since this is one of the last DCL cruises out of Galveston it was a quick decision. Is anyone on here from Katy, TX. We're from Louisiana and are thinking of moving west. Just curious

I'm not from Katy, but one of my best friends is from there. It's a great place. Great schools.

Howdy all! We booked this cruise last night! It's actually going to be a back to back adventure for us because we have the NYE cruise booked as well!! I've never done a back to back, but have been on extended holiday cruises. The Magic was always so pretty at Christmas. This will be my first time on the Wonder!

My parents and boyfriend will be on this cruise and then just the bf and me for NYE. We wanted to take advantage of the Wonder before it left Galveston.

First we're counting the days until my birthday cruise on the Fantasy in July. (Will be the bf's first cruise! Might as well start him off on the right track!) And then counting the days until the Wonder! ;o)

Howdy all! We booked this cruise last night! It's actually going to be a back to back adventure for us because we have the NYE cruise booked as well!! I've never done a back to back, but have been on extended holiday cruises. The Magic was always so pretty at Christmas. This will be my first time on the Wonder!

My parents and boyfriend will be on this cruise and then just the bf and me for NYE. We wanted to take advantage of the Wonder before it left Galveston.

First we're counting the days until my birthday cruise on the Fantasy in July. (Will be the bf's first cruise! Might as well start him off on the right track!) And then counting the days until the Wonder! ;o)

How awesome! We are also doing them both back to back. Same scenario as well. We have friends joining us on this one, but then it will be just my daughter and I on the NYE cruise! :-)

How awesome! We are also doing them both back to back. Same scenario as well. We have friends joining us on this one, but then it will be just my daughter and I on the NYE cruise! :-)

You'll love the wonder at holiday time. We did it a few years back. Hoping to be on this cruise with you all. Me, dh, mom, and 2 dd's in their 20's.

Haven't read all the posts. Is there an FE started?

Hey friends,

I've just booked this cruise for my extended family. There will be 19 of us in all (9 staterooms!) celebrating my grandparents' 55th wedding anniversary. So fun!

DW and I would love to participate in FE exchange (along with my DS6, DS3, and DD1). Our stateroom and probably at least one more stateroom in my party will join in. I'll try to convince a few more of em to join! We just got back from the 7nt Mediterranean cruise and did the FE for the first time and loved it.

I don't post much, but we've cruised several times, so I'm happy to answer questions if I happen to know the answer!

Won't be long now!

You'll love the wonder at holiday time. We did it a few years back. Hoping to be on this cruise with you all. Me, dh, mom, and 2 dd's in their 20's.

Hope it works out and you can join us. Yep...we've started an FE group.

Hey friends,

I've just booked this cruise for my extended family. There will be 19 of us in all (9 staterooms!) celebrating my grandparents' 55th wedding anniversary. So fun!

DW and I would love to participate in FE exchange (along with my DS6, DS3, and DD1). Our stateroom and probably at least one more stateroom in my party will join in. I'll try to convince a few more of em to join! We just got back from the 7nt Mediterranean cruise and did the FE for the first time and loved it.

I don't post much, but we've cruised several times, so I'm happy to answer questions if I happen to know the answer!

Won't be long now!

Wow 19 of you!?!? That's awesome. I'm excited to just get one other family member to join us. :-) I'll update the main lists for going and FE next time I come by. Been at WDW and have a TON of emails to go through right now.

We are also doing back to back! Doing the 4 day 12/27/13 and 4 day 12/31/13! Me, DH, and two DDs (21 and 18).

Hey friends,

Won't be long now!

Added you to the lists.

We are also doing back to back! Doing the 4 day 12/27/13 and 4 day 12/31/13! Me, DH, and two DDs (21 and 18).

And, count us in for the FE group!!

Got you added here too! :-) Aggie00 and myself are both doing back to back as well. Woohoo!

Think I'm going to start on my first set of FE gifts this week. I gathered the materials together yesterday. My daughter goes to softball camp next week so I can spread it out on the dining room table and leave it out while I work.

Hi y'all! I just booked our family of 4 on this cruise (me, DH, DD8, DS5). Thanks for sending me this link, LWQuestie! DH and I are so excited- this will be our first cruise. We're from just north of Dallas so I wanted to take advantage of the DCL before they leave Galveston. We plan to surprise the kids at Christmas. We've surprised them twice before with WDW trips but they will never be expecting this!!!

I've been reading threads nonstop since I booked. Still researching the FE thing, but I think we'd like to participate if it's not too late! I'm not super-crafty, but I can pretend! ;)

If anyone's been to Cozumel before - I'm trying to figure out what to do the day there. Maybe one of the ruins tours? Not sure if it will be warm enough for beach time, but my kids would love the beach.

Will the Christmas decorations still be up on the ship?

As I said in my other thread I posted in.... So Stinkin' excited!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Carolyn

Oh, and a question. How do we participate in Fish Extenders if we're GTY status? I don't know when we'll get our cabin assignment!!!???!?! :scratchin

Hi y'all! I just booked our family of 4 on this cruise (me, DH, DD8, DS5). Thanks for sending me this link, LWQuestie! DH and I are so excited- this will be our first cruise. We're from just north of Dallas so I wanted to take advantage of the DCL before they leave Galveston. We plan to surprise the kids at Christmas. We've surprised them twice before with WDW trips but they will never be expecting this!!!

I've been reading threads nonstop since I booked. Still researching the FE thing, but I think we'd like to participate if it's not too late! I'm not super-crafty, but I can pretend! ;)

If anyone's been to Cozumel before - I'm trying to figure out what to do the day there. Maybe one of the ruins tours? Not sure if it will be warm enough for beach time, but my kids would love the beach.

Will the Christmas decorations still be up on the ship?

As I said in my other thread I posted in.... So Stinkin' excited!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Carolyn

Oh, and a question. How do we participate in Fish Extenders if we're GTY status? I don't know when we'll get our cabin assignment!!!???!?! :scratchin

Welcome Carolyn! We are mostly all Texans taking advantage of DCL before she leaves. I'm only sad that I couldn't take advantage of a few more. :rotfl2:

Love that it's a surprise! It's not too late at all for FE. I pretend to be crafty too. I read LOTS of threads and spend lots of time online finding something I can pull off. :thumbsup2 And sometimes enlist the help of my crafty grandmother. :rolleyes1

Just let us know if you decide for sure to be a part. I'm thinking we shouldn't close it until September at the earliest. Maybe October? What does everyone else think?

Not sure about Christmas decorations or Cozumel. Maybe others will chime in!!

Thanks! Yeah, count me in on the FE group. I'm already obsessed with the idea. Already coming up with ideas of how to get the kids in on helping with the crafts without telling them exactly what they're doing! (Heehee)

Is there a general idea of how many gifts we'll need? Newbie, here. No clue. But I've spent all morning looking up ideas!

I am concerned about not knowing my stateroom number, though. Do people just go up and down the halls putting treats in others' FEs at random, or only those who's numbers are on our thread?

Must put down computer and do something else... Yeesh!

Thanks! Yeah, count me in on the FE group. I'm already obsessed with the idea. Already coming up with ideas of how to get the kids in on helping with the crafts without telling them exactly what they're doing! (Heehee)

Is there a general idea of how many gifts we'll need? Newbie, here. No clue. But I've spent all morning looking up ideas!

I am concerned about not knowing my stateroom number, though. Do people just go up and down the halls putting treats in others' FEs at random, or only those who's numbers are on our thread?

Must put down computer and do something else... Yeesh!

Awesome! I've started a list on one of the first posts of this thread of who has signed up for the cruise and the FE. It may not have the last couple on it (like you) but should be close. I update every so often.

No, you don't deliver to all FE's as there may be other groups and sometimes people just hang them out and put their own surprises for their kids in them. We will have a list of room numbers. When we had GTY, I had ours way ahead of time, but if you don't have yours by the time we all leave, we'll put a note on my room for everyone to see.

Anyone been before and/or have any suggestions of what excursion to do in Cozumel with kids (8 & 5)? Not interested in the dolphins. Can't decide - ruins maybe? Nervous to do anything not DCL sanctioned. Never been there before.

Anyone been before and/or have any suggestions of what excursion to do in Cozumel with kids (8 & 5)? Not interested in the dolphins. Can't decide - ruins maybe? Nervous to do anything not DCL sanctioned. Never been there before.

I haven't decided on excursions yet either, but I would stick with DCL. I don't do it because I've been there nor not been there, but because if you are on a DCL excursion - 1) they will hold the ship for you if for some reason it runs late and 2) if weather kept you from docking or the excursion from happening, you are automatically refunded.

I know going through DCL always is a lot more expensive, but I prefer the convenience.

I am new to this. We have planned a trip for 13 people on the wonder dec 27th to the 31. We heard about fish extenders and are really excited about them. Please let me know how to get on the list for doing this

awesome! I've started a list on one of the first posts of this thread of who has signed up for the cruise and the fe. It may not have the last couple on it (like you) but should be close. I update every so often.

No, you don't deliver to all fe's as there may be other groups and sometimes people just hang them out and put their own surprises for their kids in them. We will have a list of room numbers. When we had gty, i had ours way ahead of time, but if you don't have yours by the time we all leave, we'll put a note on my room for everyone to see.

my daughter in laws and daughter and i are excited to this and would like to join in. Please let me know how to do this and if there is room for us in your group

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter