• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder--10-day Vancouver to Hawaii 9/7/2015

Hi CDNDisneyMom! My husband and I just booked the September 7th, Vancouver to Hawaii cruise and would love to participate in the FE exchange. In 2011 we did the EBTA and participated in the FE exchange and loved it!

Our details:

2 adults: Joe and Michelle
We have a Verandah room on Guarantee so we will get that room number closer to cruise date.
We will be celebrating our 40th birthdays during this trip we are excited to be going!

Looking forward to meeting new people!

Michelle.
Michelle,
I have added you to the FE list. Please supply your cabin number when you receive it. I'm sure you'll have birthdays to remember!

My wife and I are booked!!!! We also got some friends to book with us as well. My wife and I are verandah not sure of the room # yet. Friends are oceanview. My wife and I willbe doing the FE. bring a little extra magic to this 10 day journey. Is there a Facebook group for this cruise?
Welcome! The disboards don't like us posting links to other social media, so you'll have to search us out there on your own. I can include you in the FE if you would like to PM me with your names and cabin number(s).
It's going to be a great cruise.

Welcome! The disboards don't like us posting links to other social media, so you'll have to search us out there on your own. I can include you in the FE if you would like to PM me with your names and cabin number(s).
It's going to be a great cruise.

I tried to private message the last person and I'm not great with technology so I couldn't figure out how. So here is the information. It will be me Michael and my wife Anna. Both 26. No food allergies. My favorite character genie. My wife's are Donald and rapunzel. Not sure of room number yet.

Btw thank you for jumping in and doing this. I love the FE and I'm happy to be participating in another one

I am so excited to be celebrating my Honeymoon on the Wonder Cruise to Hawaii! Looking to possibly participate in an adults only FE.

I am so excited to be celebrating my Honeymoon on the Wonder Cruise to Hawaii! Looking to possibly participate in an adults only FE.

Hi Katie004, congrats in advance :cloud9: . We've participated in a FE on 3 cruises, and I hadn't seen an adult only group, but.....maybe our illustrious FE leader LKShep :worship: would be able to try to organize one of the groups that way.

Hello,

We are so excited for this cruise! We booked the first day we could donor has been a long wait! Only 145 days left. This will be our second cruise (we got married on the Fantasy 2yrs ago at Castaway Cay) My husband, our daughter (4yrs) and I will be sailing so if there are any other solo sailers with youngish children would love to chat and maybe meet up on the cruise so the kiddos can play.

Hi everyone! My DH and I are joining you all on this cruise. It is cruise #17 on Disney for me (a few less for Steve). We would love to do an adult-only FE. We love Disney, having fun and can't wait to meet you all. Are there any tastings we are doing that we can join please?

My family and I are so excited to be on this Cruise! This is our first time to Vancouver and our first time to Hawaii.
The count down until we go on the cruise is on!!!!! :yay::tigger::mickeyjum

I am organizing the FE for this cruise as well as for the Sept 17 Hawaii cruise. If you would like to sign up please pm me with your room number, your name, the number of adults, the number of children and their gender and age(optional) and if you want what you are celebrating. I will add you to the list and post a final list on here closer to the PIF date. Thank you. I am also wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a secret Mickey exchange?
Hi My family and I are new to cruising and I was wondering what an FE group is and what is a secret Mickey exchange?

We are also flying and will be trying to pack lightly, so we will not have room in our luggage to participate in a FE on this cruise. Please do let us know what a secret mickey exchange is...! Thant might be fun!

The info explaining FE exchanges is in the "sticky" thread at the top of the DIS page under "DIS DCL FAQ", then scroll down to "Fish extenders". I tried to copy the direct link to the thread on the basics of FE's here:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33184281&postcount=2

nancy
Thank you that link helped so much!

Signed up for this cruise on our last one(Alaska 2014). We are excited to be on this one. We cant wait!!

-Paul & Danielle

Sorry to all that I am not better about monitoring the activity on this board on a more regular basis. Katie004, I don't know that there will be enough demand for an FE group of adults only. To be fair, in order to create such a group I think everyone in the group would have to want to be in a group without children. If you want to ask that question of other participants and gauge the interest, feel free to do that.
That having been said, here are statistics of all FE participants to date: There are 55 cabins participating, with 39 cabins that have no children in them and 16 cabins with children. This cruise will naturally have fewer children than most. I have seen this before on longer cruises at times when people are more reluctant to pull their children out of school. So the odds are that 7 of every 10 cabins in the FE exchange will be adults traveling without children.

So does anyone know what port adventures they want to do? Or does anyone have any recommendations?

This past weekend, we trimmed our list we made at Christmas down to our top 3 picks per port. That took some doing! We are traveling with adults kids so we focused on some hikes and more adventurous things that we couldn't do anywhere else. Like tubing down the ditch, or going to Puna.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter