• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

women's question cysts

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
I have been dealing with a good deal of mid cycle pain on my left side. Also pms is worst. I am in peri menopause. I made a dr appt. And she gave me meds to even cycles (low dose prozac) but a week later it got even worst. Pelvic ultrasound and blood work. They found a fairly large complex ovarian cyst 5cm on my left side, where the pain is worst, a small one on the other side and a number of fibroids. I've been told they wait 30 days and do another ultrasound. If it has shrunk or stayed the same they wait another 30 days. If it doesn't shrink then surgery. I really am uncomfortable. Not unbearable, just always discomfort. Also, she said to take it easy. No lifting or anything vigorous so it doesn't rupture. I'm not sure how they define vigorous. I will call back tomorrow I guess and ask some more questions. Has anybody been through this with tips ?

Most women get ovarian cysts. Sometimes, they are painful. Most go away after a cycle. If a cyst doesn't go away or gets larger, they sometimes have to be surgically removed

I never had a problem with cysts, but had a lot of fibroids. I also developed a hardening of the uterus which was very painful. Ultimately, I had a complete hysterectomy. It doesn't surprise me that your doctor wants to observe the situation for a couple of months.

The only tip I have is concerning the fibroids. If they tell you, "Oh don't worry-they'll shrink after menopause", that's not necessarily true. Mine actually grew larger and I ended up with a hysterectomy a few years after menopause. Biopsy was fine-it's just not necessarily true that they'll shrink after menopause!

My sister had a cyst that was causing her pain for two months and her doctor scheduled surgery to remove the ovary. When my sister went into the surgery the cyst was gone, but the doctor removed the ovary anyway because my sister was in her 50s.

I have issues with cysts as well as fibroids. I even went to the emergency room because I thought I had appendicitis, but it was my fibroids. I am going to the doctor today to schedule my hysterectomy (that I keep putting off .... scared to death). I also had a cyst for several months and the doctor didn't tell me no lifting or no vigorous activity.

The only known cyst I've had appeared about 9 months after my daughter was born. I went in because I didn't feel quite right and did have some pain. The doctor told me to stop breast feeding to bring my hormones to a different level and it should disappear. When I went in to be rechecked it was gone.

Have had a couple of these. One they did wind up removing...laparoscopically...the others went away on their own.

As far as the surgery, it was fairly easy and the only discomfort or pain I had was from gas pains two days after. Once that cleared out I was back to normal very quickly.

Try not to worry...they are very common and you will feel much better when it disappears...either by itself or through surgery.

Feel better soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter