Women who don't wear jewelry

NMAmy

Can speak food in German
Surely I can't be the only one. The only jewelry I wear on a regular basis is my wedding ring. Very occasionally, I'll wear a bracelet dd gave me or a locket from my sister. But that's it. DH was frustrated because I didn't want an engagement ring.

I think part of it is that my ex would buy jewelry but we couldn't really afford it. I can't get rid of that part of my mind that it's a waste of money and I'd rather have the money in a savings account, KWIM? Sure I could get some costume stuff but it's just not me anymore.

When dd turned 18, I gave her all the jewelry her dad gave me so my jewelry box is now almost totally empty with just a few things I keep for sentimental reasons.

Any other non-jewelry wearing women out there?

on a daily basis i wear only my wedding ring and -when DH is deployed- a gold chain with his on it (he is not permited to wear it in the field or on deployment by his CSM-they are dangerous around the guns). Otherwise i only wear anything else when i get dressed up for something. just not my style i guess.

I only wear my wedding rings and small diamond stud earrings. It's just not something I care about. I don't wear makeup either..just some lip gloss when I remember.

That's me - I only wear my wedding ring. I used to wear my engagement ring with it but I just recently lost the diamond and I didn't want to replace it.

Occasionally I'll wear a pair of earrings but that's it.

My sister loves jewelery and can't understand why I never want any.

The only jewelry I wear is a forget-me-not necklace that DH bought for me when we were on our Alaskan cruise. Up until recently I wore it every day. Since we've been babysitting our two grandchildren I had to take it off for fear the baby would break the chain.

I only wear a wedding ring. Sometimes, I wear small-ish earrings. I just don't care for it. I actually lost my wedding ring and several cheap bands. I have a $14.99 Target band on right now.

It's funny, because my husband loves not having to buy jewelery on special ocasions. I keep a registry open at Williams-Sonoma instead.;)

I hardly ever wear jewelry either. My wedding and engagement rings are a little too tight so I don't even wear them anymore. The only thing I have on all the time is a little gold and diamond toe ring. It's a pain to take off so I just leave it on. My hair covers my ears so I don't bother wearing earrings. Once in a great while I will wear a watch. I wore lots of jewelry when I was in high school and in my early 20's though.

I tend to wear the same 5 pieces, all gifts from DH...sentimental value...

I always go to those jewelry parties and buy all that trendy stuff thinking "Oh, I'll wear this with the black dress"...the balck dress that I wear once a year. :rolleyes:

When I was engaged I wore my ring all the time.
Like the OP, my ex gave me way too much jewelery. He could
afford it but he bought love.
Now the only thing I wear is my earing that I can't get off.
Sometimes I will wear my Tiffany's neclaces that he has bought me.
But I am really a plain girl. So only on dress days will I wear anything more.

It's funny, because my husband loves not having to buy jewelery on special ocasions. I keep a registry open at Williams-Sonoma instead.;)

:lmao: DH hates that I don't wear jewelry. He told me it would be SOOO much easier to shop for me.

I was really happy when he built me a library in our house. Now he can take me to the bookstore if he wants to give me more gifts. :rotfl:

Nope, I don't wear any, not even my wedding ring. I hate the way it feels..all heavy. I don't wear makeup either, unless it is a special occasion. I would much rather put that money towards a Disney vacation. :goodvibes

I'm so not a girly girl. Never have been. I'm so not my mom.

Only engagement ring, wedding band & 2 sets of pierced earring studs that I never change out.
A watch.
No makeup unless its a more formal occasion and then its still minimum.
Hairstyle is wash, brush it & allow to airdry. Cut every 4 wks however & color every 8 wks. Those darn greys.

I'm outdoorsy but not crunchy outdoorsy. ;)

I don't most of the time. I don't wear my engagement or wedding rings or necklaces hardly ever. I do wear earrings every couple months just to keep my piercings open.

I'll be the odd man out....I like jewelry, I think it can really make an outfit sometimes. I usually wear at least 3 pieces plus my wedding set.
The jewelry I wear would be more considered "costume" jewelry...ya know things from like Target, Kohls, Silpada or Lia Sophia - nothing expensive.
Complimenting on someone’s jewelry is always a great way to start a conversation.

Nope, I don't wear any, not even my wedding ring. I hate the way it feels..all heavy. I don't wear makeup either, unless it is a special occasion. I would much rather put that money towards a Disney vacation. :goodvibes

Wow, sounds just like me. I dont wear any Jewlery, well ok, thats a lie. I wear a gold necklace, and a sliver bracelet. BUT.. if they broke, I would not replace them. I do not wear my wedding ring either, just doesnt feel right:confused3 , its like I keep fidgeting with it.
I rather take money spent on Jewlery and put it in a vacation account;) , Disney or a cruise would be good for me, either one would make me happy :)
Oh, and I never wear makeup either.
I see you are from Va Beach as well, Howdy neighbor:)

I'm in this group, too. The only things I wear daily are my wedding ring, my mothers ring from John Christian on my other ring finger, and my watch. I have to have a watch or I am totally out of sorts.

Occasionally, I'll wear a bracelet. I actually just asked DH to start a Pandora bracelet for me. He wanted to know if I'd wear it. LOL

I wear my med alert bracelet, which is actually really pretty (beaded). I usually wear earrings if I'm leaving the house.

I outgrew my wedding and engagement rings, and bought a cheap band at WalMart to wear, but then I lost that when I took it off for my last surgery.

I don't wear any makeup.

I'm in this group, too. The only things I wear daily are my wedding ring, my mothers ring from John Christian on my other ring finger, and my watch. I have to have a watch or I am totally out of sorts.

Occasionally, I'll wear a bracelet. I actually just asked DH to start a Pandora bracelet for me. He wanted to know if I'd wear it. LOL

That's kind of like me. I wear my wedding rings, two small sentimental rings and a watch. That's it.

I don't get excited over jewelry. I'll wear some things I have for special occasions, but mostly I'm a jewelry minimalist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter