Women shoe size 8 1/2 equals what men's size?

Missy1961

Knows who did it and why
I saw a great pair of sneakers on a website, but they only come in men's sizes. I wear a size 8 1/2 in women's, does anyone know what size that would be in men's? I guess I could go to a store & try some on, but I thought I'd find out if anyone here knows! TIA! :thumbsup2

I wear a size 8 and fit into a boy's 6. I never tried a man's shoe cause I think they make my feet look big but I think it would be a 7.

I wear a 10 womens and an 8 1/5 mens if that helps at all.

I think the conversion is Men's sizes are 2 numbers smaller than Women's sizes. So, by that conversion, 8.5W = 6.5M.

If you're not convinced, i wear a size 7.5 women's and usually buy a 5.5 men's.

Aren't men's shoes quite a bit wider than women's? I've worn DH's sneakers to run out and get the mail once in a while and his shoes are just a little bit longer than mine, but much wider.

almacdonald said:
I think the conversion is Men's sizes are 2 numbers smaller than Women's sizes. So, by that conversion, 8.5W = 6.5M.

This is what i think too... :thumbsup2

about a 6 or 6.5

i wear a womans 9.5...and in the converse chuck taylors...i wear a men's 7.5

Zandy595 said:
Aren't men's shoes quite a bit wider than women's? I've worn DH's sneakers to run out and get the mail once in a while and his shoes are just a little bit longer than mine, but much wider.

Yes, that's why I like men's athletic shoes! It's hard to find women's wide shoes unless you pay al lot for them. And then sometimes, they are not wide enough for my feet. Men's fit me great!

I typically buy men's skate shoes for everyday wear cause women's shoes just rub my toes the wrong way.

If you find that women's runners are too narrow, try Asics. They are the only running shoes that i have ever found comfortable. I also have a pair of mizunos which are ok but not nearly as good.

I wear a 9 1/2 womens wide(D)--I just bought a pair of New Balance in that size then found some great looking mens Reebok size 8 and they fit great===I figured I'd add my sizes so you can get a better idea of what size you will need to purchase!

I work with shoes so I can tell you the following:

Shoe math is very easy!!!

Women's to Men's sizes you need to subtract 2 (so 8.5-2=6.5)
Men's to Women's sizes you need to add 2 (so 7+2+9)

Also note:
Medium in women's shoes is B
Medium in men's shoes is D

If you are buying sneakers those do tend to run small compared to what your foot will measure using a shoe measuring device (ie The Brannock Device).

I hope the style you are looking at comes in a men's 6.5 becuase I know that is hard size to come by as many manufactures start Men's sizes at a 7.

scoutsmom99 said:
I work with shoes so I can tell you the following:

Shoe math is very easy!!!

Women's to Men's sizes you need to subtract 2 (so 8.5-2=6.5)
Men's to Women's sizes you need to add 2 (so 7+2+9)

Also note:
Medium in women's shoes is B
Medium in men's shoes is D

If you are buying sneakers those do tend to run small compared to what your foot will measure using a shoe measuring device (ie The Brannock Device).

I hope the style you are looking at comes in a men's 6.5 becuase I know that is hard size to come by as many manufactures start Men's sizes at a 7.

Thank you.

Do you know if this is true for European sizes, too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter