Woman Sues Over Donald Duck Groping at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
A woman is claiming that Donald groped her breast at Epcot back in 2008. Click here to see the amazing list of "injuries" she is claiming in the quest for a big bucks settlement. Hopefully this one will end the same way as the "Tower of Terror Caused My Stroke Days Later" trial earlier this year.

:rotfl2:

Wow, this woman needs a hobby, like knitting hampster cozies or making sculptures from boogers. Literally, any addition would be a plus for this crazy.

:sad2:

I think what really angers me is that there are lawyers out there willing to take these cases.

with all those symptoms, i hope she had a mammogram...would hate for her to find out she has something worse than duck fever.

:sad2:

I think what really angers me is that there are lawyers out there willing to take these cases.

Don't forget the doctor that is verfying the injuries she's suffering from.

Lawyers get paid either way. It's income to them. It's more income if they actually win.

At least I doubt the lawyer is doing it pro-bono, unless he's hoping for a quick make-it-go-away settlement check.

Too bad it wasn't filed here in FL 'cause I'd LOVE to be on the jury. My friend, whose husband recently passed the bar exam, got to see some of the Tower of Terror lawsuit exhibits earlier this year because he was sworn in as a lawyer in that courtroom the day before the trial (no, he is not THAT kind of lawyer, thank goodness...he does real estate law).

even if she was groped in puublic by the duck, she must of been already disturbed to say she is suffering all of these aliments. this woman needs to visit a real rape crisis center, those women no doubt could have these issues. God help her if she ever goes to NY at christmas time, someone would definately rub up against her, then what, she'll sue NY, or maybe Macys!!! I'm sure this will go no where fast. Disney does extensive background & cory checks on any characters they have, for this reason in particular. I'm sure Disney's insurance requires this also. What people won't sue about these days, let alone lie about.

Lawyers get paid either way. It's income to them. It's more income if they actually win.

At least I doubt the lawyer is doing it pro-bono, unless he's hoping for a quick make-it-go-away settlement check.

Not necessarily the case. Lawyers do (sometimes) take cases on a contingency arrangement... they only get paid if you win. This is particularly the case in class action and personal injury law.

Not necessarily the case. Lawyers do (sometimes) take cases on a contingency arrangement... they only get paid if you win. This is particularly the case in class action and personal injury law.

Right, I used the term "pro-bono" incorrectly (that's when they don't get paid regardless). But if he took up this case on contingency, he's nuts...

I in no way shape or form condone what this woman has done. But I should point out that all the lanauage in the Complaint is standard lanauage contained in every civil complaint. If the lawyer failed to use that lanuage the Defendant (Disney) would move for dismissal based on various legal grounds. Also, normally personal injury lawyers are normally only paid on a contingentcy basis and therefore only earn a fee if the case is successful.

I would love to be on that jury!!!

The girls in my office would have a field day with her :rotfl: I remember once we had a guy (regular customer) file a Workers Comp claim because he pulled his "groin" muscle moving a can of paint. Yup, a gallon can of paint. He was obviously hoping for a quick settlement.

Hmmmm, I've always been suspicious of Donald Duck (#1).

How come he always wears that short little jacket and no pants? :rolleyes1

When I was in the Disney college program they told us of a lawsuit where a woman sued disney becuse she got the bends on the Living Seas.
Remeber the "elevator" you got in that decended to the deep sea base?
She claimed the "elevator" came up too quickly and didn't de compress properly so she got the bends.
They said told us they had to bring the judge, lawyers and defendant, and open both sets of doors to show her it never decended anywhere.
The floor just shook a little and the wall moved to look like it did.

I think they need to start charging these lawyers if a suit is deemed frivolous.
Or say they are allowed only so many suits deems frivolous in their lifetime, they exceed that they lose their license.

Donald is almost always "friends" with females. Of course, that doesn't mean that it couldn't have happened.

And most legitimate lawyers avoid taking cases that are frivolous because it gives them bad press and lowers their "wins" average

If you think that is bad. I work in public transit. WE have people claim neck injuries when the bus clips a mirror. Heck we had one recently that the bus pulled out in front of a car. The bus was hit in the rear. There were four passengers on the bus did not even flinch. Then the driver say do not get off the bus. If you do you won`t get a check. The next thing you know they are all screaming neck and back injuries. But the best part was that we have it all on camera. People will do anything to make money. I know first hand.

can you imagine reading the police report?

Officer: Maam, could you describe the perpetraitor?
Woman: Yes, he was white....
Officer: Okay, caucasian male....
Woman: he was white and fluffy
Officer: uh....okay...fluffy caucasian male.
Officer: did you get a look at his face?
Woman: yes. he had a large mouth, beady eyes
Officer: when you say 'large mouth', what exactly do you mean?
Woman: he had a beak...bill thingy
Officer: (sigh) Okay, fluffy caucasian male with a big mouth beak thingy and beady eyes.

Woman: Yes! Yes! that's him for sure!
Officer: Did he say anything to you?
Woman: Yes.
Officer: what did he say?
Woman: I dont' know, he kind of slurred a lot when he spoke.
Officer: Would you say he was under the influence? Did you smell any alchohol?
Woman: No, he didn't seem drunk. Just very aggitated. His breath did smell, but not of alchohol.
Officer: What did his breath smell of?
Woman: Crackers.
Officer: Crackers?
Woman: Yes. definitely saltines, maybe some popcorn too.
Officer: Okay, so let me get this straight. He was an aggitated, fluffy, caucasian male with a big mouth beak thingy and beady eyes who smelled like crackers and popcorn.
Woman: Yes.
Officer: Any other distingquishing features?
Woman: Yes, he had webbed feet.
Officer: Webbed feet?!
Woman: Y-e-s!
Officer: Okay. We know who our prime suspect is....

Officer on Radio: "calling all cars, we are in pursuit of a suspect fitting the following descripton: an aggitated, caucasian male who is fluffy with a big mouth and beady eyes. Approach suspect with caution as they are reported to smell of crackers and popcorn. If found near water, proceed slowly as suspect may try to escape by means of swimming with his webbed feet." "oh, and based on the description provided, we believe the suspect goes by the name of Alan "Bob" Iger" "Do not engage in conversation as mr. iger is delusional and may begin ranting anti-Disney like rhetoric such as no more major upgrades, park expansions or major discounts" "do not, i repeat, do not engage in a battle of wits with mr. iger. Rather, apprehend suspect quickly and quietly"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter